Watch: NYPD searching for two women who violently attacked a male worker at a laundromat


BROOKLYN, NY- Authorities announced that two women are being sought by police for beating up a male worker at a Brooklyn laundromat in June.

The New York Post reported that the unidentified suspects punched the 69-year-old victim in the face and cracked a vase over his head during an argument that turned violent. Watch below:

The incident took place at Aqua Wash Laundromat on East 98th Street near Livonia Avenue in Brownsville at approximately 4 a.m. on June 8th. NBC New York reported that the two women attacked the worker after he asked them to wear masks inside the laundromat. 

Surveillance footage captured the violent incident, showing the man fall to the floor after one of the suspects whacked him with a vase and threw it at him. The victim suffered cuts to his head and was taken by EMS to Brookdale Hospital in stable condition.

The victim, identified as Eion Azore, stated that he pulled out pepper spray and used it on one of the women, which is when the other woman reached for the vase and used it as a weapon. Azore ended up needing a dozen stitches to close the wounds.

The women, meanwhile, ran out of the laundromat laughing as he was left there bloodied. Speaking to News 4, Azore said that the two women did not come inside to do laundry, they came in to use the ATM.

He was working the overnight shift and told the women that they couldn’t come in to use the ATM because they were not wearing face masks. He stated that the went to stand between them and the ATM, which is what sparked the violent attack. Azore added:

“I tried to fathom it, but I really couldn’t understand why.”

Back in May, Governor Andrew Cuomo lifted New York’s statewide indoor mask mandate for fully vaccinated people in accordance with CDC guidelines. However, he said that individual businesses could choose to adopt stricter COVID protocol if they wanted.

Authorities are asking the public’s help in identifying and tracking down the assailants. Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800)-577-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential. 

In a separate incident, a Pittsburgh woman’s quick thinking of leaving notes inside a store bathroom and resort may have saved her life. According to authorities, Walmart employees contacted police after find notes in the bathroom mirror.

The notes reportedly stated the woman’s name and that she was being held and sexually abused. Two days after that incident, another note was discovered inside a resort bathroom.

This time, the note read that the woman had been held hostage since May 1st and asked officers to not give up on their search for her.

During their investigation, police spotted the victim with the suspect, since identified as 38-year-old Corey Brewer, in the resort. On July 13th, the woman was eventually found and rescued at Brewer’s house.

Neighbors around the area said they were shocked to learn that this was going on around them. One neighbor said:

“It’s unsettling, very unsettling. At least she cried out and got somebody to help.”

Brewer was taken into custody. The woman reportedly suffered cuts and bruises and had patches of hair cut out. She is expected to survive. 

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Watch: Man narrowly escapes assassination attempt in police-defunded New York City

June 20th, 2021

BROOKLYN, NY- On Thursday morning, June 17th, men in two vehicles attempted to carry out what appears to be a coordinated assassination attempt on the streets of Brooklyn.

Fox5 reported that the incident played out almost like a scene from a movie. Authorities from the New York Police Department (NYPD) said that around 7:15 a.m., a 19-year-old man was inside of his vehicle in front of 21 Granite Street.

Officers said that a car attempted to block him and that the victim, sensing danger, attempted to flee the area by driving up onto the sidewalk. His attempt was unsuccessful as he crashed the car a short time later.

A second vehicle drove up and started shooting at him while he was still inside of the crashed car.

The shots missed and the 19-year-old was not seriously injured. Police released a video of the incident in hopes that someone might be able to identify the men involved in the incident. 

In a separate incident on the same day, June 17th, a disturbing video was released by the NYPD showing a man being shot multiple times as a girl attempts to shield a young child on the ground next to the victim. 

The shooting took place around 6:45 p.m. on Sheridan Avenue in the Claremont neighborhood in the Bronx. The video shows the 24-year-old victim running and then tripping over the two children.

The gunman runs up and starts shooting, hitting the man in the back. The victim attempts to climb off of the children as the gunman rushes up and starts shooting him in the legs. NYPD said that the shooter jumped onto a scooter being driven by another man and then sped off from the scene.

The 24-year-old victim ended up at a nearby hospital with multiple gunshot wounds. He has since been listed in stable condition. It is unclear if either of the children suffered any injuries.

NYPD has released a video of the shooting in hopes that someone could identify the gunman or the man on the scooter. The first individual is described as a male with sunglasses who wore all black clothing. 

On Memorial Day, May 31st, a 15-year-old was killed and more than a dozen others shot, including at least one in every New York City borough. Police Commissioner Dermot Shea said that there were nine shooting incidents, found of them in Brooklyn with a total of 15 victims. 

In one of the incidents, there was a shootout on a Bushwick street, leaving five people shot outside of a bodega. Authorities said it appeared to be a Trinitarios gang member shooting at a rival gang. 

The incident that turned deadly happened at 10:30 p.m. at 123rd and Lexington in East Harlem where the teen was shot in the torso and a 30-year-old man was shot in the knee. Both were taken to Harlem Hospital where the 15-year-old was pronounced dead. 

The rising tide of gun violence touched every borough in that span and it all comes as police have struggled for weeks to control violent assaults in the New York City transit system. Despite the continued violence, Mayor Bill de Blasio claims that he still believes the city’s recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic will help reduce crime. He said:

“Recovery is going to help move public safety, public safety is going to help move recovery. I understand the fear, I really do. And there’s a persistent concern which I’ve learned now for decades in this city of are we going to go back to the bad old days and I really try my best to help people understand there are so many reasons why that is not going to happen.”

Noted Urban Studies Professor Mitchell Moss of NYU said that the mayor is mistaken. He said:

“The mayor has absolutely, absolutely got it reversed. Safety produces activity, activity is not going to produce safety, we have to make the place so safe people want to come and visit and enjoy it.”

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

One teenager shot and killed, second wounded at Bronx playground in police-defunded, crime ridden New York City

May 16th, 2021

NEW YORK CITY, NY – A 17-year-old boy was fatally shot at a Bronx playground on May 6th, with one other person being fatally shot during the incident. Police have reportedly taken in a person of interest, but no suspects have been charged yet in the matter.

Police officials say that the incident occurred at approximately 11:30 p.m. on May 6th at the Gouverneur Playground in Claremont Village, where a gunman reportedly fired six shots after coming up from crouching near a parked vehicle.

Officials say that 17-year-old Tony Boyd was shot in the chest and back, killing him.

A 24-year-old woman reportedly had been walking by the area during the fatal shooting, where she was shot in the arm by a stray bullet connected to the shooting.

She was later treated at Lincoln Hospital for her injuries, with reports noting she transported herself to the hospital.

Police interrogated a person of interest who was apprehended soon after the incident, but no one has been charged in the slaying as of this writing.

The teen victim’s mother, Veronica Thiam, spoke about her uneasiness in the hours before her son died – noting she had a bad feeling that something wasn’t right.

Hours before Tony was fatally shot, Thiam said she’d spoken to a group of her son’s friends that were gathered at her home while her son wasn’t around. When she’d asked where her son was, Tony’s friends said that he went to go buy a mask at the store:

“I looked at them like they were crazy. Tony is not going to a store to buy a mask. I have masks in my room.

“This doesn’t feel right to me… I had a feeling something was wrong. Something was telling me, ‘Go down to the block.’”

Thiam recalled hearing the sound of gunfire the night her son was killed, calling her son’s phone after she’d heard the shots – but Tony didn’t answer.

Not long thereafter, Thiam recalled when the detectives arrived at her front door:

“I panicked. I panicked. I went crazy.”

Monica Savage, Tony’s sister, said that she was in disbelief when another one of her brothers informed her that Tony had been killed:

“When I first heard about what happened, I was shocked. I couldn’t believe it, but my brother kept repeating it. I had 20 miss calls from other people, so I confirmed it… I literally lost my mind.”

Authorities are asking that anyone with information about the case or the suspect to please call Crime Stoppers at 1-(800) 577-TIPS.

This isn’t the first time we at Law Enforcement Today have reported on shooting occurring at Bronx playgrounds. 

Back in March, we shared a report of a drive-by carried out on a scooter where surveillance footage caught a shooting carried out in broad daylight. 

Here’s that previous report. 


NEW YORK CITY, NY – Police in New York City are currently looking for two suspects involved in a drive-by shooting carried out earlier in March, where the rear passenger of a scooter can be seen shooting at a Bronx playground in broad daylight. 

According to NYPD officials, the shooting occurred at approximately 5:30 p.m. on March 12th at the Magenta Playground in the Allerton section of the Bronx. 

As seen in the video, the two suspects are riding on a scooter, when the back passenger begins to fire off several rounds at the playground as they’re riding by. 

Luckily, no injuries were reported from the incident. However, some vehicles nearby were damaged as a result of the gunfire. Both suspects seen in the video are adorning hooded sweatshirts and face coverings, making it difficult to get a good look at the suspects’ faces. 

The NYPD are reaching out to the public for tips that can lead investigators to the identities of the two suspects.

Anyone with information on this incident or the suspects involved are urged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-577-TIPS or message @NYPDTips directly on Twitter. 

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

In other recent reports regarding crimes caught on camera, Law Enforcement Today shared a report earlier in March showcasing a New York City Homeless Services officer being attacked and knocked unconscious. 

Here’s that previous report. 


NEW YORK CITY- A New York City Homeless Services officer is recovering after getting knocked unconscious last week inside a shelter in the Harlem section of the city, the New York Post reports.

The incident was caught on video obtained by the Post.

The footage was taken inside the Parkview Inn on West 100th Street and shows the officer, a peace officer assigned to the city Department of Homeless Services, confronting the man in a hallway.

Shortly afterward, the officer is seen trying to calm the suspect, however the man suddenly grabs the officer’s mask and pulls it off his face and starts punching him, the video shows.

Caught on camera: NYC Homeless Services Officer violently attacked, beaten unconscious and jaw broken
Homeless Services officer tries to calm suspect before incident- YouTube screenshot
Caught on camera: NYC Homeless Services Officer violently attacked, beaten unconscious and jaw broken
Suspect grabs officers mask before striking him-YouTube screenshot

The officer took a few steps before collapsing in the hallway.

A second officer yells at the attacker to stay down while holding a pepper spray canister as the man retreats into a room, the footage showed.

Caught on camera: NYC Homeless Services Officer violently attacked, beaten unconscious and jaw broken
Homeless Services Officer collapses on floor-YouTube screenshot

The suspect then comes back into the hallway clutching some clothing and fled. 

He remains at large, law enforcement sources said.

The officer, who suffered a broken jaw which has been wired shut, will be out of work for at least six weeks.

He is only able to eat and drink through a straw, sources said.

The Post reached out to the injured officer Sunday, however he declined to comment on the incident.

The paper also reached out to the New York City Police Department where details of the incident were confirmed. The NYPD replied in an emailed statement saying, “There are no arrests, and the investigation is ongoing.”

One law enforcement source lashed out at the Department of Homeless Services and questioned whether they were taking steps to help in tracking down the attacker.

“The urgency to do something is not there,” the source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity said.

“That could have been anyone,” he said of the injured officer. “It could have been another client or staff member, and had it been someone else, the urgency would have been way more. But because it’s a [DHS peace] officer, the ones whose job it is to keep peace in the shelter, we’re just passed aside.”

Sources and police told The Post that the suspect had been involved in a dispute with a shelter worker prior to the attack on the officer last Friday.

The Post noted the facility has been the site of a number of problems, with the paper previously reporting in a 2019 report that oversight at the facility was sparse and in fact it had its own in-house heroin dealer.

At that time, a resident of the facility, a 66-year-old man said:

“I do not feel safe here at all. It’s horrible. That’s why people prefer to live on the streets.”

Yet another resident, a 26-year-old female survivor of domestic violence said:

“There needs to be some kind of control here because it’s unsafe for all of us.”

The same report said that according to data obtained by The Post, 95 residents—nearly half of the 192 clients at the Parkview at that time—were considered “at risk” of being a danger either to others or themselves, as of the end of September 2019.


Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today? With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing! (See image below.) Thanks for being a part of the LET family!

Facebook Follow First

Related Posts