KENOSHA, WI – One of two people arrested for allegedly attacking a reporter has been identified as being wanted for jumping bail at the courthouse in Kenosha, Wisconsin while protesting against the newly acquitted Kyle Rittenhouse.
One Rittenhouse supporter came in for attention from BLM demonstrators – she faced similar on Tuesday and was back in the spotlight.
Insults and fists were flying on the court house's steps. One journalist was reportedly punched and two BLM protesters arrested.
— Protest News (@ProtestNews_EN) November 18, 2021
According to Fox News Digital, the man, 20-year-old Anthony Chacon, was arrested and charged with felony bail jumping, misdemeanor bail jumping, battery, resisting, and disorderly conduct.
The arrest occurred after Chacon, who was wearing a “F*** Kyle” shirt, allegedly slammed a reporter onto the ground.
Chacon then allegedly attacked a counter-protester and slapped multiple cameras that were in the area before police were able to secure him.
Police also arrested a second person, 34-year-old Shaquita Cornelious, who has been charged with possession of marijuana, disorderly conduct, and resisting.
Two anti-#Rittenhouse protesters were arrested outside the #Kenosha courthouse. Shaquita Cornelious, a local BLM leader, crossed state lines & was filmed resisting arrest. Anthony Chacon, who has a long criminal record, was filmed assaulting people. https://t.co/x2RPbuD1TS
— Andy Ngô 🏳️🌈 (@MrAndyNgo) November 18, 2021
According to The Blaze, Chacon was witnessed on video several times trying to rile up members of the crowd and journalists as everyone awaited the outcome of the jury trial. At one point, Chacon was heard making a derogatory comment to a female counter-protester:
“Look at this c** dumpster right here!”
The target of the comment stood her ground and exchanged words with Chacon. At one point, the woman says something that strikes a nerve with him, as he attempted to strike her but missed, barely grazing the sign she was holding.
The Kenosha County Sheriff’s Office released a statement on the incident on November 17th via Twitter:
“Earlier today, law enforcement took two people into custody regarding an incident that occurred on the courthouse steps…During the arrests law enforcement needed to deploy several officers to keep crowds of citizens and media from interfering.
Two anti-Rittenhouse protesters arrested outside Kenosha courthouse charged with felony, misdemeanors
BLM leader Shaquita Lashia Cornelious traveled across state lines from Zion, Illinois.https://t.co/tMEKH453Su
— Mia Cathell (@MiaCathell) November 18, 2021
“The Kenosha County Sheriff’s Department and the Kenosha Police Department fully recognize the importance of media coverage surrounding the trial. The media and the public have a responsibility to give space to law enforcement and allow them to perform their duties. Please do so.”
Media Release – Rittenhouse Trial pic.twitter.com/c67ObYwYn1
— Kenosha Co Sheriff (@Kenosha_Sheriff) November 17, 2021
Tensions have been high in Kenosha since the jury trial started over the allegation that Rittenhouse shot and killed two people in cold blood. Jurors listened to all of the witnesses and experts that presented arguments during the trial, but most importantly, they watched the videos.
Anyone who has watched the videos and knows anything about the law walk away from those with the same decision the jury did in this case, Rittenhouse was innocent of murdering anyone, he was merely acting in self-defense.
While many aptly agree and are happy that the jury made the right decision in the case, others feel that Rittenhouse is a murderer who got away with it.
While everyone in the United States is entitled to their own opinion, hopefully, they do so respectfully with each other instead of spilling out into the streets of Kenosha and other large metropolitan areas and begin rioting.
Kenosha has already seen more than its fair share of riots, violence, and destruction over the last year, and the citizens and property owners are all nervous this verdict will incite rage in those who believe the jury got it wrong.
The parents of Anthony Huber, the deceased person seen on video trying to beat Rittenhouse in the head with a skateboard before shots were fired at him, spoke out against the verdict in the case. In a joint statement, they said:
“Today’s verdict means there is no accountability for the person who murdered our son. It sends the unacceptable message that armed civilians can show up in any town, incite violence, and then use the danger they have created to justify shooting people in the street.
We hope that decent people will join us in forcefully rejecting that message and demanding more of our laws, our officials, and our justice system.”
Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters? Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you. Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories. Click to check it out.
KENOSHA, WI- Commonly accepted narratives in the United States are no longer based on facts, but instead based on memes and the assorted lunatics who populate sites such as Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and others.
Facts no longer matter to the lamestream media, only the preferred narrative. It no longer matters what the truth is, and no longer is it required to conduct even a modicum of research. Such is the case with Kyle Rittenhouse, the now 18-year-old who is on trial in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
If you were to only watch CNN and MSNBC, you would think this was a racially-motivated killing by a vigilante premised on white supremacy. That of course is absurd, but it hasn’t stopped deranged people such as Joy Reid, Andrew Cuomo, Nichole Wallace, and an assorted gaggle of far-left “guests” claiming that is exactly what happened.
One claim went as follows: “A white, Trump-supporting, MAGA-loving Blue Lives Matter social media partisan, 17-years-old, picks up a gun, drives from one state to another with the intent to shoot people,” was one such comment, this from John Heilemann, MSNBC national affairs analyst. [emphasis added] All of that was made up, of course.
This is of course nothing new. Over the past five years or so, we have seen all manner of outright fraud perpetrated by the media and leftist politicians such as the Russia collusion hoax, the death of Capitol Police Off. Brian Sicknick, the origins of COVID, Hunter Biden’s laptop, Charlottesville…the list goes on and on.
With all of that in mind, Miranda Devine of the New York Post wrote a column which debunks at least ten lies which have been perpetrated by the mainstream leftist media, unhinged politicians such as Cori Bush (D-MO) and many others about Kyle Rittenhouse. Here are the “10 debunked heinous lies” pushed by the left:
- Rittenhouse killed two black BLM protesters: He shot three men, all white, in self-defense during the violent Kenosha, Wisconsin riots. In all three cases, Rittenhouse was either retreating or was in a vulnerable position.
- Much has been made about Rittenhouse “driving across state lines,” which gives the impression he drove hours to go from Antioch, Illinois to Kenosha, Wisconsin. In fact, the distance between the two cities is less than it is to drive through Los Angeles, only about 20 miles. In addition, Rittenhouse’s father and grandmother, along with other relatives and his best friend live in Kenosha, so he has strong ties to the community. He also works in the city.
Kyle worked as a lifeguard prior to the incident on Aug 25, and went to help clean graffiti at a local school, whereby they were asked to join some adults who were guarding a used car lot where some 100 cars had been lit afire the night before as police, under direction of the mayor, left the city virtually unguarded.
Rittenhouse was armed in order to protect himself, with the violent rioters being armed, including one man whom he shot, Gaige Grosskreutz who attempted to point a loaded Glock at his head, leading Rittenhouse to shoot him in the arm. As an aside, Grosskreutz, a convicted felon, wasn’t charged with having an illegal firearm.
- The mainstream media claims Rittenhouse “carried an AR-15 across state lines,” with Esquire Magazine accusing him of “terrorist tourism.” Another lie. The AR-15 was stored in a safe at his best friend’s stepfather’s home in Kenosha.
- He was illegally in possession of the AR-15…another falsehood. That charge was dismissed by the judge and it was amazing this charge was even considered by the grand jury in the first place.
- It was claimed that Rittenhouse’s mother “drove him across state lines” to participate in the riot. In fact, his mother, Wendy never went to Kenosha. She slept late on the morning of Aug 25 after working a 16-hour shift at a nursing home near Antioch, Illinois, as she related to the Chicago Tribune. Kyle was already at his lifeguard job in Kenosha when Wendy Rittenhouse woke up.
- The media claimed Rittenhouse was an “active shooter” who went to Kenosha with the intention of causing problems. Here is MSNBC talking dufus Joe Scarborough:“A 17-year-old kid just running around shooting and killing protesters,” he said, “who drove across state lines with an AR-15 and started shooting people up.” Did Scarborough even watch the videos of the incidents? Rittenhouse was seen clearly running away, not picking off people at random as an active shooter would be doing.Scarborough also said Rittenhouse was “a self-appointed militia member…unloading 60 rounds”…another outright lie. When that lie was in fact addressed during the defense’s closing arguments, Scarborough tweeted he was “embarrassed” for the lawyer. As a point of information, this moron Scarborough has (or had) a law license.
- Despite the fact that every single key player in this incident is white, Rittenhouse has been referred to as a “white supremacist,” including by the current empty suit occupying the Oval Office, Joe Biden, who labeled him as such in a tweet in 2020.When White House propagandist Jen Psaki was asked about the allegation by Fox News’ Peter Doocy, she used the label “vigilante” without specifically naming Rittenhouse.
- The term “white supremacist” was used by the Intercept 16 times in one story, once again despite zero evidence to that fact. Moreover, the FBI looked at Kyle’s cellphone and found zero evidence indicating white supremacy or militias, according to court testimony.There was a lot indicating he was pro-police, which isn’t surprising given the fact that he is a former police explorer, a fire department cadet, and who aspired to be either a police officer or a paramedic. Oh, and he sat near the front of a rally for former President Donald Trump, however so that automatically makes him a “white supremacist.”
Secondly, the judge made what might be considered an ill-advised comment about Asian food ordered by the court staff being held up by the supply-chain situation.
But the greatest sin of all is that the ringtone on Schroeder’s phone plays, “Proud to be an American,” a Lee Greenwood song that is often played at rallies for President Trump. However it is hardly anything akin to a “Trump anthem.”
It is a patriotic song that anyone who isn’t a leftist probably knows all the words to.
All of that is made more ridiculous by the fact that Schroeder is a registered Democrat, has run as a Democrat for the Wisconsin state senate, and was initially appointed by a Democratic governor.
Much was also made of the fact that Rittenhouse was allowed to draw names randomly from a container at the end of the trial where the original pool of 18 jurors would be drawn down to 12. According to Schroeder, this is nothing unusual, but something he always does.
The media circus surrounding the trial and the distortions perpetrated by the left-wing mainstream media did not go unnoticed by Schroeder, who addressed it Wednesday before the jury deliberations, and even noted he might reconsider his allowing of trials to be televised going forward given media malfeasance in the Rittenhouse case.
While it is understandable that the judge is frustrated by how the media has reported on the case, in particular some of his conduct, the fact members of the public were able to witness the sheer ineptitude of the prosecution as well as see firsthand that what the lamestream media has been pushing as a narrative was nothing but a series of manufactured lies, designed to instigate false outrage on behalf of a segment of the American public.
Unfortunately, it may be too little too late.
Editor note: In 2020, we saw a nationwide push to “defund the police”. While we all stood here shaking our heads wondering if these people were serious… they cut billions of dollars in funding for police officers. And as a result, crime has skyrocketed – all while the same politicians who said “you don’t need guns, the government will protect you” continued their attacks on both our police officers and our Second Amendment rights.
And that’s exactly why we’re launching this national crowdfunding campaign as part of our efforts to help “re-fund the police”.
Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today? With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing! (See image below.) Thanks for being a part of the LET family!
Rittenhouse was accused of making the infamous “white power” sign by making the OK symbol after he was freed on bail last year after spending three months in jail, where he was seen at a bar with his mother and other adults having a beer…which is legal in Wisconsin.He posed for selfies with adults whom the media says are “Proud Boys” during which he flashed the OK hand sign. This so-called white supremacist signal evolved from a hoax on a website called “4chan” which was a means to punk gullible liberals, who continue to fall for it.
The gesture has been commonly used for example in the NBA, Biden himself has used the signal numerous times, yet when it is convenient leftist moonbats refer to it as a “symbol of white supremacy.”
Hollywood far-left actor Matthew Modine, who apparently stayed at a Holiday Inn Express and now considers himself a private eye or forensics expert claimed Rittenhouse wore surgical gloves “to cover his fingerprints,” which is of course absurd. Rather he wore surgical gloves, which first aid personnel always use as PPE (personal protective equipment) while giving first aid to protesters.The fact he wasn’t wearing the Fauci face diaper to cover his face would seem to indicate he wasn’t quite trying to hide his identity. Who is Matthew Modine anyway? Never heard of her.
The media claims the judge is a “Trumpy” who is racist and biased toward the defense, another absurd claim. Much of this stems from the fact Judge Bruce Schroeder would not let the prosecution use the biased term “victim” to describe those who were shot by Rittenhouse; however this is common practice when a jury hasn’t ruled on a case.The term “victim” connotes if one is defined as such, there must be someone who “made” them one. This is nothing unusual.