Report: ABC, NBC, CNN, MSNBC all ignore recent sexual harassment allegation against Gov. Cuomo

Share:

ALBANY, NY- Three of America’s most prominent networks, ABC, NBC, AND CBS have all ignored any mention of the recent sexual harassment claims against New York Governor Andrew Cuomo.

CNN and MSNBC have also chosen not to address the scandal.

According to Fox News, ABC’s “World New Tonight”, CBS’s “Evening News”, and NBC’s “Nightly News” have made zero mention of the New York Governor’s alleged sexual harassment claims. 

Cuomo is also facing calls for his impeachment and resignation after he was accused of covering up the total number of deaths from the coronavirus in state nursing homes following his controversial order that these facilities accept coronavirus-positive patients. 

On Wednesday, February 24th, Lindsey Boylan, Cuomo’s former deputy secretary for economic development and special adviser, alleged in an essay published on the website Medium that the governor:

“Went out of his way to touch me on my lower back, arms, and legs.”

She also alleged that Cuomo forcibly kissed her on the lips during a one-on-one meeting and suggested that they have played “strip poker” during a plan ride.

The governor’s officer has denied Boylan’s harassment claims, calling them “simply false” and insisting that the strip poker game “did not happen.”

According to a report by NewsBusters, the three networks previously ignored Boylan when she took to Twitter back in December 2020, making her initial sexual harassment claim against Cuomo.

However, that the time she did not share any of the details related to her claim. 

CNN, the home network of the governor’s brother, Chris Cuomo did not make a single mention of the allegations on air or on CNN.com hours after Boylan came forward with her claims. 

On February 24th, Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-NY) outwardly called for Cuomo to resign in the wake of twin scandals over his handling of data on coronavirus deaths in the state’s nursing homes and based off the allegations of sexual harassment by Boylan.

In a statement she said:

“Governor Cuomo has earned his title as worst Governor in America and now every New Yorker knows that he is a criminal sexual predator.

On December 14th, I was one of the first and one of the only elected officials in New York State to call for an investigation into Governor Cuomo’s sexual harassment of Ms. Boylan.”

She added:

“It is an inexcusable disgrace that almost every other elected official in New York State quietly brushed this serious and credible allegation under the rug.

Sadly, much of the media in the state either ignored this matter or chose to report on the sexist character and professional smears of Ms. Boylan by Governor Cuomo’s taxpayer-funded staff.”

She also said:

“Governor Cuomo must immediately resign. And any elected official who does not immediately call for his resignation is complicit in allowing a sexual predator to continue leading the great state of New York.”

MSNBC also chose to skip the coverage of the sexual harassment allegations facing the already embattled governor.

The network did, however, make a small mention of Cuomo’s ongoing nursing home scandal, reporting on a new Marist poll that showed 61% of New York voters believe Cuomo did something wrong with his handling of the state’s nursing homes during the coronavirus pandemic. 

Governor Cuomo’s administration is reportedly under investigation by the FBI and the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Brooklyn after critics accused officials of covering up the true number of COVID nursing home deaths in the state.

Early on in the pandemic, Cuomo ordered assisted living facilities to accept COVID-positive patients in order to keep hospital beds free. 

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo receives minimal coverage from mainstream media on sexual harassment allegations

December 17th, 2020

ALBANY, NY – Several major primary and cable networks failed to report on sexual harassment allegations against Governor Andrew Cuomo made on Sunday, according to a media watchdog group. 

A recent blockbuster story about a former aide to Governor Cuomo, strongly alleging years of sexual harassment and mental abuse, received little mainstream media coverage.

 

 

CBS, NBC, and ABC were all silent on Sunday night, the same day Cuomo’s former aide Lindsey Boylan tweeted out the claims against her former boss, according to the Media Research Center.

The group said the same networks’ Monday morning news shows also failed to report on the allegations, which Cuomo has denied.

Fox News, meanwhile, ran a report on the news at about 6:10 p.m. Sunday evening.

Boylan served as Cuomo’s deputy secretary for economic development and as a special adviser from March 2015 through October 2018, when she resigned amid scrutiny of her own workplace conduct, an element she has argued. 

Boylan has a less-than-stellar opinion of the man she used to call her boss.  She alleges sexual harassment against the governor, a claim that could derail both his re-election as governor and his appointment as United States Attorney General.

Boylan has asserted that the Governor would often discuss her physical appearance, something she said occurred over the course of several years.  She added that the Governor would either sexually harass her or criticize her work. 

Boylan explained via Twitter:

“Yes, @NYGovCuomo sexually harassed me for years. Many saw it and watched it.

“I could never anticipate what to expect: would I be grilled on my work (which was very good) or harassed about my looks. Or would it be both in the same conversation? This was the way for years.”

She continued:

“Not knowing what to expect (was) the most upsetting part aside from knowing that no one would do a damn thing even when they saw it.

“No one. And I know I am not the only woman. 

“I’m angry to be put in this situation at all. That because I am a woman, I can work hard my whole life to better myself and help others and yet still fall victim as countless women over generations have. Mostly silently (sic).

“I hate that some men, like @NYGovCuomo abuse their power.

“It was then how I learned how hard it is for women. How hard this world can be for us when we are trying to be taken seriously and help our community. How easily jerks can destroy the lives of women.”

Breanna Morello responded to Lindsey Boylan, piling on to Cuomo:

“Many women have made these accusations about the Governor but won’t go public with them.

“Even heard he joked around about a lesbian advocate who he’d love to sleep with, but she wouldn’t sleep with him. Room was filled with male staffers who just laughed it off.” 

Lindsey Boylan is now running for Manhattan Borough President.

In addition to ABC, CBS, and NBC, attention must be given to CNN and MSNBC’s coverage of the story as well.

CNN’s most-watched anchor Chris Cuomo, Andrew Cuomo’s brother, ignored the newly-surfaced sexual harassment claim against one of the country’s most prominent Democrats.

The controversial story about the New York Governor was not addressed by “Cuomo Prime Time” host on Monday night, along with the rest of his on-air colleagues, during the 48-hour period since the story broke, who also avoided the subject throughout the day.

Chris Cuomo’s stature as a so-called straight news anchor was drawn into question as his governor brother was a frequent guest on his show in the early months of the coronavirus pandemic.

MSNBC made no mention of the story at all, according to Fox News.

The Media Research Center has reviewed transcripts from all the major networks, and only Fox News covered the story.  They confirmed that MSNBC, ABC, CBS, and NBC all skipped on-air coverage of Boylan’s claims 24 hours after Boylan came forward.

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Cuomo smackdown: Supreme Court rules to temporarily bar NY from enforcing attendance limits in places of worship

November 27, 2020

 

NEW YORK – On November 25th, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled to temporarily bar New York from enforcing strict attendance limits on places of worship in areas that have been designated as coronavirus “hot spots”.

According to reports, the court ruled that Governor Andrew Cuomo’s executive order violated the First Amendment’s “free exercise” clause and actively discriminated against religious institutions.

The groups sued to challenge attendance limits at houses of worship in areas designated red and orange zones, where New York had already capped attendance at ten and 25 people. However, the groups are now subject to less-restrictive rules because they’re not in areas that have been designated as yellow zones.

The justices split five-four to bar the state from enforcing the restrictions against the groups, for now, with new Justice Amy Coney Barrett in the majority. The court’s three liberal justices and Chief Justice John Roberts dissented. The unsigned majority decision read, in part:

“Members of this Court are not public heath experts and we should respect the judgment of those with special expertise and responsibility in this area. But, even in a pandemic, the Constitution cannot be put away and forgotten.”

It added:

“The restrictions at issue here, by effectively barring many from attending religious services, strike at the very heart of the First Amendment’s guarantee of religious liberty.”

The justices acted on an emergency basis while lawsuits challenging the restrictions continued. In the unsigned order, a majority of the court said the restrictions “single out” houses of worship for especially “harsh treatment.”

The court’s recent ruling is in contrast to two decisions it issued back in May and June concerning churches in California and Nevada, which allowed state officials to restrict attendance at religious services.

With Barrett’s liberal predecessor, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the court, the justices were divided five-four to leave in place pandemic-related capacity restrictions affecting churches in California and Nevada.

The opinion also noted that in red zones, while a synagogue or church cannot admit more than ten people, businesses deemed “essential” from grocery stores to pet shops can remain open without capacity limits.

In orange zones, while synagogues and churches are capped at 25 people, even “non-essential businesses” may decide for themselves how many persons to admit. In his dissent, Roberts wrote:

“There was simply no need for the courts action. None of the houses of worship identified in the applications is now subject to any fixed numerical restrictions.”

He added that New York’s ten and 25 person caps do seem “unduly restrictive.”

He wrote:

“The Governor might reinstate the restrictions, but he also might not and it is a significant matter to override determinations made by public health officials concerning what is necessary for public safety in the midst of a deadly pandemic.”

The court’s action was a victory for the Roman Catholic Church and Orthodox Jewish synagogues that had sued to challenge state restrictions announced by Cuomo on October 6th. Randy Mastro, an attorney for the Diocese of Brooklyn said in a statement:

“We are extremely grateful that the Supreme Court has acted so swiftly and decisively to protect one of our most fundamental constitutional rights, the free exercise of religion.”

In an email, Avi Schick, an attorney for Agudath Israel of America, wrote:

“This is an historic victory. This landmark decision will ensure that religious practices and religious institutions will be protected from government edicts that do not treat religion with the respect demanded by the Constitution.”

It is still unclear how the case will proceed. However, New York’s Solicitor General Barbara D. Underwood recently informed the court that recent changes to the policies in question meant none of the diocese’s churches or the area’s synagogues would any longer be subject to the restrictions.

Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today?  With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.  

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing!  (See image below.)  Thanks for being a part of the LET family!
 
Facebook Follow First
Share:
Related Posts