Urgent: Texas DPS Trooper shot in the head, suspect on the run – armed and extremely dangerous


MEXIA, TX – A Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) trooper was reportedly shot on the evening of March 26th, and police are currently on the hunt for the alleged gunman behind the shooting.

According to reports, Trooper Chad Walker stopped on FM Road 2848 and US Highway 84 about 8:00 p.m. on March 26th to assist a stranded motorist.

A gunman was said to have emerged from the disabled vehicle and shot Trooper Walker in the head through his patrol car windshield, before Trooper Walker could even stop his patrol car.

Trooper Walker was reportedly taken to a local hospital after the incident and was identified as being in critical condition at the time.

The alleged shooter was identified as 36-year-old DeArthur Pinson, Jr., who was described by authorities as 6 feet tall, last seen wearing a hoodie and shorts with a stripe down the side.

A Blue Alert was issued in response to the reported shooting, which said alerts are reserved for instances when an alleged assailant is suspected of seriously injuring or killing a law enforcement officer and they’re currently at-large.

Authorities are informing the public that Pinson is considered to be armed and dangerous. Anyone who comes into contact with the suspect, or believes they may have seen them, are urged to call 911 immediately.

This is an ongoing investigation. Please follow Law Enforcement Today as we continue to gather updates on this incident.

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

In other reports regarding recently wounded officers, we at Law Enforcement Today shared a report regarding a U.S. Marshal that was non-fatally shot while in the process of serving a warrant in Ohio. 

Here’s that previous report. 


CANTON, OH – A U.S. Marshal was reportedly non-fatally shot while serving a warrant during the evening of March 24th.

The suspect the warrant pertained to was also reportedly non-fatally shot by then-present law enforcement’s return fire during the encounter.

According to officials, Canton police, Stark County Sheriff deputies and members of the Northern Ohio Violent Fugitive Task Force were reportedly serving a warrant at a residence located within the 1700 block of Regent Avenue at approximately 5:00 p.m. on March 24th.

Authorities believed that 33-year-old Aaron Pierre Thomas was hiding at the residence they were serving the warrant at that evening, which he apparently was.

When law enforcement was on-scene, Thomas allegedly broke a window out of a second story window, and then allegedly ran out of the front door of the residence sometime thereafter while shooting at law enforcement.

An unidentified U.S. Marshal was said to have been struck while the gunfire was going off, and officers on-scene had reportedly returned fire on Thomas. Both the suspect and the officer sustained non-fatal gunshot wounds during the exchanged gunfire.

Thomas was said to have been wanted out of Virginia for charges of aggravated robbery and a felony position charge.

Furthermore, officials say that Thomas has made claims in the past about wanting to die via ‘suicide by cop’.

The alleged armed robbery that authorities were serving the warrant over reportedly occurred during the early morning hours of March 14th within the 3500 block of West Main Street in Danville, Virginia.

Thomas and another man, later identified as 28-year-old Antonio Stanfield, allegedly robbed a man at a hotel while the two suspects and the victim were sharing drinks. One of the two suspects had struck the victim over the head with a firearm during the robbery, according to reports.

According to U.S. Marshal Pete Elliott, the injured Marshal is expected to fully recover and was already back at his home by March 25th.

Federal charges related to the incident are being pursued, according to U.S. Marshal Elliott.

The Bureau of Criminal Investigations is currently taking the lead on this investigation.

In Chicago, a CPD officer was reportedly shot in the chin by an unknown assailant right outside of the local police station earlier in March.

Here’s that previous report. 


CHICAGO, IL – A Chicago Police officer was reportedly non-fatally shot during the afternoon of March 14th, not far from the 6th District police station in the Gresham neighborhood. 

As of this writing, police don’t have any suspects in custody, nor has the identity of the injured officer been released. 

The incident occurred at approximately 2:30 p.m. on March 14th, while a Chicago Police sergeant was in the parking lot across the street from the 6th District station located on 7808 S. Halsted Street.

Chicago Police Superintendent David Brown described the sustained injury as a “superficial graze wound”. Superintendent Brown said that the graze wound wound up striking the police sergeant’s chin:

“One of our sergeants heard a gunshot, and then felt pain in his chin area on his face.”

Following the shooting, the police sergeant was transported to Advocate Christ Medical Center, where the police sergeant was released from the hospital later that evening on March 14th. 

Detectives are reportedly reviewing available security camera footage from the Gresham police district – as well as other available video evidence captured nearby. 

Currently, police officials have not made any arrests in this case, nor has there been any mention of possible suspects or persons of interest as of this writing. 

Following the shooting incident, Superintendent Brown relayed the following on Twitter, noting that that the police sergeant marks the thirteenth officer shot this year in Chicago: 

“I’m visiting with the sergeant at the hospital, who is recovering in good spirits. Our officers display an enormous level of resiliency and put themselves in harm’s way each and every day, whether it’s responding to a call or simply standing in their own parking lot.”

“The sergeant marks the 13th officer shot or shot at so far this year. 79 CPD officers who were shot/shot at in all of 2020. God bless the men and women of the Chicago Police Department and all officers throughout our country who risk their lives for our safety each and every day.”

This is an ongoing investigation. 

Please follow Law Enforcement Today as we continue to gather further updates on this developing case. 


Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today?  With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.  

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing!  (See image below.)  Thanks for being a part of the LET family!
Facebook Follow First
Submit a Correction
Related Posts