LAS CRUCES, N.M. – The Internet has been flooded with lip sync challenge videos, but the Las Cruces Police Department’s performance is being called one of the best. As a matter of fact, according to Patch.com it has risen to #3, for whatever that is worth.
The Las Cruces Police Department posted its rendition of Toby Keith’s “I Should’ve Been a Cowboy” on Wednesday, reported WTDN.
With more than 450,000 views in just two days, it’s been ranked one of the top ten by news and media website Patch.com.
The website gave the department credit for its line dance, as well as including a horse.
The video has become so popular, it’s even gotten the attention of Toby Keith himself, who gave the department a shout-out on Twitter.
Shout out to the law enforcement for great lip syncs. Norman, OK and Las Cruces. Fun stuff. I shot the Cowboy video in Cruces. -Thttps://t.co/Nkwo76vAFN
— Toby Keith (@tobykeith) July 26, 2018
The Patch list of top 10 lip sync videos is as follows:
- The Apple Valley Police Department singing “The Lion Sleeps Tonight” by The Tokens.
- The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department singing Justin Timberlake’s “Can’t Stop the Feeling.”
- The Las Cruces Police Department singing Toby Keith’s “Should’ve Been A Cowboy.”
- The Longview Police Department singing Miley Cyrus’ “Wrecking Ball.”
- The Dover Police Department singing Taylor Swift’s “Shake It Off.”
- The Charleston Police Department singing One Direction’s “What Makes You Beautiful.”
- Seattle Police Department performing “Downtown” by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis.
- Dakota County Sheriff’s Office singing Flo Rida’s “Good Feeling.”
- Fort Smith Police Department singing Chamillionaire’s “Ridin’ Dirty” and Justin Timberlake’s “SexyBack.”
- Blytheville Police Department singing TLC’s “No Scrubs.”