Three arrested for ramming a cop car in a stolen vehicle and getting caught with a stolen police gun


Editor note: In 2020, we saw a nationwide push to “defund the police”.  While we all stood here shaking our heads wondering if these people were serious… they cut billions of dollars in funding for police officers.  And as a result, crime has skyrocketed – all while the same politicians who said “you don’t need guns, the government will protect you” continued their attacks on both our police officers and our Second Amendment rights.

And that’s exactly why we’re launching this national crowdfunding campaign as part of our efforts to help “re-fund the police”.

For those looking for a quick link to get in the fight and support the cause, click here.

MEMPHIS, TN – Three suspects were arrested earlier in October after authorities say they stole a vehicle – later ramming into a police cruiser attempting to recover the stolen car – and also allegedly being found in possession of a stolen police firearm.

The incident occurred on October 13th at approximately 5:30 p.m. after Memphis Police along with Bartlett Police, were notified about a stolen vehicle near I-40 and Sycamore View.

According to Memphis Police, when police discovered the car, they attempted a containment technique. That’s when Eric Mathis, the driver of the stolen vehicle, reportedly slammed into an unmarked Bartlett Police car.

Mathis allegedly dragged the unmarked vehicle until authorities were able to stop the stolen vehicle along the on-ramp to I-40 East, according to police officials. Two other suspects were also taken into custody inside of the vehicle, identified as Kristopher Jones and Deario Watson.

Upon searching the stolen vehicle, police discovered a Glock 22, which a run on the weapon’s serial number returned a hit for a stolen Memphis Police firearm out of the Austin Peay Precinct. An additional handgun was also recovered from the vehicle but did not match any active stolen firearm reports.

Jones and Watson were charged with theft of $10,000 to $60,000 in value, theft of $1,000 or less in value, and illegal carrying or possession of a firearm. Mathis was charged with property theft ranging from $10,000 to $60,000.

Jail records show that Jones and Mathis are still in custody, however, Watson posted $15,000 bond and was released from custody on October 15th.

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Florida woman allegedly hacks flights systems and clears unsafe aircraft to fly

(Originally published October 12th, 2021)

MELBOURNE, FL – After allegedly hacking into the computer system at Melbourne Flight Training, a 26-year-old woman is facing a slew of charges for reportedly altering aircraft records to mark unsafe planes as being flightworthy.

Investigators say that the alleged hacker was a disgruntled former employee of Melbourne Flight Training.

On January 12th, 2020, authorities first discovered something was awry when MFT’s CEO, Derek Fallon, went onto the Flight Training computer and found numerous things were incorrect. He said that the make, model, and tail numbers for 12 aircraft had been removed.

On top of the deleted records, Fallon said that maintenance problems on some planes had been reported had been “cleared” – despite them reportedly having not been properly serviced yet.

Fallon also discovered that inspection limitations had been removed. He contacted the software’s owner, who informed him that there was no system-wide issue. All flights were stopped until the information was restored, according to Fallon:

“Between the time the data was altered and fixed, it was a situation that could have endangered human life.”

Fallon named two people he believed were to blame for the hacking and sabotage. One was a man who served as MFT’s Director of Maintenance until being terminated in November 2019, and his daughter, 26-year-old Lauren Lide, who resigned from her position as Flight Operations Manager on the same day her father was fired.

Investigators discovered that the hazardous modifications in the flight software were made using a login belonging to the current flight operations manager. The current flight operations manager, on the other hand, filed an affidavit indicating that he did not change or remove any aircraft information.

The IP address used to log into the program belonged to Lauren Lide’s father, according to investigators. Lide’s father claimed that he had no idea why his computer was used to gain access to the MFT computer.

When authorities leaned into Lide’s father on whether he had any idea who might want to do such a thing, he responded with:

“I’m kinda concerned about my daughter at this point.”

The suspect’s father claimed that during her employment with MFT, Fallong made his daughter “miserable”:

“She couldn’t wait to get out of there…You guys don’t understand the torment he put her through.”

Investigators say that Lide’s father later tried confessing to the crime himself but couldn’t provide investigators with any details on what was actually done in the sabotage plot.

This led detectives to conclude that only Lauren Lide “had the knowledge, skills and ability to alter” the flight records during the 2020 incident.

Lide has since been charged with accessing a computer electronic device without authority and modifying computer data programs without authority and posted bond on October 9th.

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Nurse knocked down by fleeing mugger in police-defunded New York City dies from her injuries

(Originally published October 11th, 2021)

NEW YORK CITY, NY – The 58-year-old New Jersey-based nurse who was knocked down by an alleged fleeing mugger in Times Square earlier in October has sadly died from her sustained injuries.

The 26-year-old alleged mugger who slammed into the nurse after stealing another person’s cellphone was arrested minutes after the thievery.

And now authorities have charged the purported miscreant with murder.

This case is truly emblematic of one act of maleficence causing a domino-effect that graduates into greater harm caused than likely intended – and now a 26-year-old man who allegedly stole a 29-year-old woman’s cellphone is facing murder charges regarding the innocent bystander he reportedly knocked down while trying to flee his robbery.

On October 8th at approximately 1:30 PM, 26-year-old Jermaine Foster allegedly stole a 29-year-old woman’s cellphone in the area of W 41st St and Broadway. While fleeing the robbery, the suspect allegedly slammed into 58-year-old Maria Ambrocio.

Ambrocio had just finished having lunch and was standing outside of a pizzeria when the suspect collided with her. The impact resulted in her falling to the ground and her head hitting the pavement – resulting in her skull being fractured.

Emilia Cruz, a 70-year-old nurse who worked with Ambrocio at Bayonne Medical Center in New Jersey, was walking alongside her colleague when she was allegedly knocked down by the suspect:

“There were lots of people and we were trying to maneuver… I heard a big thump like something hit the concrete and, you know, it was loud so I said ‘Wow, oh My God.  What’s that?’ and I looked down and I saw her blouse, I didn’t see the face and I said, ‘Oh my God, Ning,’ I call her Ning.

I said ‘Ning, what happened? Wake up,’ and she was out. She was already unconscious. She is not answering me. I keep picking her up. She was frothing from her mouth. And I said, ‘Call 911.’”

Ambrocio was rushed over to Bellevue for treatment. However, her brother Carlito Sta Maria confirmed she was taken off of life support on October 9th:

“She was just here. I mean, it’s really devastating. I have no words. I just wanted to cry.”

Shortly after the October 8th robbery, police arrested Foster.

Officials say that the suspect has now been charged with murder regarding Ambrocio’s death. And apparently the murder suspect had been involved in other offenses the same day and even a month prior – with him even having been arrested in September and obviously being released.

Roughly 90 minutes before the cellphone snatching, Foster allegedly forced his way into a woman’s apartment located off of Sixth Avenue and 38th Street. The woman, who asked not to be identified while speaking to the New York Post, described the intrusion:

“He busted my door open. He rushed into the apartment,” she said. “He basically was demanding money, like ‘Where’s the money? Where’s the money?’”

Foster began breaking items in the woman’s home, and when she grabbed his cellphone to use as evidence after calling 911, the victim said he went berserk:

“He started screaming ‘I’m an African prince! I’m an African prince!’’

The suspect reportedly fled her apartment with $15 before fleeing, leading to the chain of events that led to Ambrocio’s death. The female victim from the break-in suspected that Foster was under the influence of something during the home invasion:

“Honestly speaking, I knew he was on something so I didn’t want to do too much to trigger him. I didn’t know what he had on him, if he had a weapon.”

Back in September, Foster was arrested for allegedly groping a woman. He was charged with forcible touching in that instance and was sent to a hospital for a psychiatric evaluation – clearly, he was released as he was free to allegedly commit his crime spree on October 8th.

The murder victim’s brother expressed his anguish over the loss of his sister at the hands of the suspect who was free to go about his wanton endeavors:

“Heartbroken. Yes, and I’m angry. I’m angry for that person who did this to my sister. We want justice.”

Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today?  With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.  

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing!  (See image below.)  Thanks for being a part of the LET family!
Facebook Follow First
Related Posts