The war on free speech has just begun – but it seems as if it’s on only half of America (at least for now)

Share:

The following contains editorial content written by a retired Chief of Police and current staff writer for Law Enforcement Today.

WASHINGTON, DC- Buckle up patriots…on January 20, things are going to go very, very bad. Oh, not for everyone. But if you supported President Trump? Look out!

On November 3, over 74 million Americans cast their votes for President Donald Trump. Through what can only be described as one of two things…the greatest miracle since Moses parted the Red Sea…or perhaps some malfeasance, where Joe Biden, who wouldn’t even leave his home save a few cursory campaign appearances within 30 miles of his Wilmington, Delaware home, earned more votes than even the messiah of the Democrat party, Barack Obama.

Those 74 million Americans, having been presented repeatedly with evidence of “irregularities” in the 2020 election, and who saw numerous states violate the Constitution in changing election laws, while a gutless Supreme Court stood down and let it happen are angry.

For those of us who voted for President Trump, a man who finally was exposing the corruption and greediness of the Washington ruling class, we are pissed off. Are we pissed off enough to attack the center of our government, the United States Capitol? I would argue an overwhelming majority are not.

Last summer, while violent riots were taking place across our country, we were told time and time again that the violent anarchists represented a “small minority” of those protesting. We were told on Democratic state-run media that the protests were “largely peaceful” as we saw with our own eyes buildings burning in the background.

We were inundated with pundits on television repeating the words of the late, great Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, “A riot is the language of the unheard.” Fredo Cuomo on CNN admonished us that “nobody said that protests had to be peaceful.” Yet, here we are.

You see, when the mainstream media was taking the sides of people “protesting,” that was because they were on their “side.” Now, when an overwhelmingly peaceful assembly of patriots is co-opted by a small minority of fools, the script has flipped. Now, it is anarchy…now it is sedition. It is “Trump’s fault.”

What caused the change? This summer, we saw Democrats such as Kamala Harris, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Barack Obama and others excusing the sometimes violent protests. They not only supported them, they encouraged them. A group of people, in this case a number of them minorities, felt they were disenfranchised by the system. Since that is politically correct, the ruling class thought that was fine.

However now, it is the “right-wing extremists” who are feeling disenfranchised. People who now believe that the most sacred right we enjoy as Americans, the right to free and fair elections, no longer exists. When you have nearly 50% of the American people who feel that their votes do not matter, that is a problem. And “Houston, we’ve got a problem.”

So what is the solution? Do Democrats, including Joe Biden, who have asked for “healing” and who have promised to “bring the country together” made a vow to investigate what happened last year and fix it? That would be a hard “NO!”

History, which Democrats and their minions have been working hard to erase over the past year, has shown us that even in the most brutal dictatorships in history, history has a way of sustaining. However Democrats and their pals in social media, big business and in the media are going to do their best to engage in a high-tech version of book burning.

Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO) was one of two Senators, including Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) to contest electors in this election. This is a pretty radical thing to do, never having been done before, right? That would be negative. The contesting of electors has been done numerous times in our history, most recently all the way back to 2017.

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

So, those rascally Republicans contested votes back in 2017 too? You mean, it was the Democrats that contested electors? Not in one, but in SIX states?

Why did they contest the electors? Russia, of course. You remember Russia, don’t you? The whole collusion thing that tied up a special prosecutor and derailed the Trump administration for over two years? The thing that was set up by the Obama administration to undermine President Trump?

“I object because people are horrified by the overwhelming evidence of Russian interference in our election,” said Representative Barbara Lee (D-CA).

So of course, people went after Rep. Lee after she had the audacity to exercise her right as a member of Congress to contest the election, right? Wrong. And likewise, nobody attacked Sen. Hawley for doing the exact same thing, right? That would be wrong.

Hawley has been targeted, along with Cruz for condemnation after a small minority of those attending the Capitol rally, probably under 1/10 of 1% or less went off the rails. Hawley and Cruz, along with the left’s favorite whipping boy, President Trump are being accused of inciting the mob attack on our US Capitol building.

In fact Rep. Cori Bush (D-MO), whose ink on her oath of office as a freshman member of Congress isn’t even dry yet, submitted legislation to have Republican members of Congress who supported contesting the electors removed from Congress for “incitement.”  Ocasio-Cortez meanwhile made demanded that Hawley and Cruz resign. Yet both of these women incited violent riots last summer. But of course, those were “their” riots. Talk about chutzpah.

The point of all of this is that the Democrats, despite their platitudes about an “orderly transition” and “bringing the country together” want their pound of flesh. The fact that they have been not so quiet about it probably has as much to do with some Americans losing their shit as anything.

The Democratic majority has promised to add two states, pack the Supreme Court, eliminate the filibuster and try to do away with the Electoral College. Any illusion of “reaching out to the other side” is a mere fantasy. And Trump voters know it.

Hawley has already been victimized for having the gonads to use his rights as a member of Congress to question the certification of votes. Simon & Schuster, one of the largest publishing houses in the country, notified Hawley they were canceling their contract with him to publish a book.

Why? Because a few hundred lunatics decided to attack the Capitol. By the way, there is some question whether or not many of these “protesters” were in fact supporters of the president, or maybe “outside agitators,” a familiar refrain we heard from Democrats last summer.

Think about this. If they can go after Hawley and Cruz, who can’t they go after?

We have already seen a major flight attendants union say that people who attended the rally in Washington, DC should be “permanently banned from flying.” We have already seen people lose their jobs for having the audacity to exercise their rights as Americans and support a presidential candidate. Can you imagine what the outrage (and deservedly so) would have been if in 2012, supporters of President Obama had been targeted like this?

In some cases, they are asking for a “cleansing” of Trump supporters. This comes from Rick Klein, ABC News political director, who suggested in a now-deleted tweet:

“Trump will be an ex-president in 13 days. The fact is that getting rid of Trump is the easy part. Cleansing the movement he commands is going to be something else.”

The bizarre part of this is that ABC unabashedly put the tweet up on its homepage. A guy with the initials AH from 1930’s Germany would be proud of this guy.

This of course plays into suggestions previously made by Democrats that there should be a version of “reeducation camps.” These weren’t fringe wingnuts making these suggestions either. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, a sitting member of Congress, and former Clinton economic adviser Robert B. Reich have made the suggestion.

Victor Davis Hanson, an author, historian, and Senior Fellow at the Hoover Institution is clearly one of the smartest guys out there.

In an interview on Fox News’ Tucker Carlson Tonight Hanson told the host that the violence that took place in Washington, with Democrats controlling the House, Senate and White House, and apparently the Supreme Court, the next two years are going to be rough for Americans, especially Republicans.

 

Hanson believes the Democrats will use the violence at the Capitol as a pretext to put the arm on everyone’s civil rights. The media of course will stand by like the lapdogs they are.

Hanson said that under the present makeup, there is no path to unity in the country. A newly emboldened Democratic party, with nobody to hold them accountable, is going to make life extremely hard, especially for those who support President Trump.

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Meanwhile, the tech companies aren’t even hiding what they’re attempting to do anymore. On a day that saw the Twitter accounts of President Trump, Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, and other high profile conservative voices permanently banned, now comes word that upstart social media company Parler is having its reach limited.

According to The Hill, Google suspended Parler from its app store, claiming the platform, due to its “hands off” approach to moderating content has allowed “continued posting” which the tech tyrant claims “seeks to incite ongoing violence in the U.S.”

There have also been rumors that Apple is considering taking similar action on its app store, a move which would potentially seriously cripple the company, since many people use their mobile phones to access social media.

Parler has increased in popularity among conservative users due to its policy of not actively “fact checking” content and throttling users, while platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and others have been aggressively blocking conservative speech.

Parler claims that it is not a “conservative” site, but rather a place where people can engage in free exchange of ideas without worrying about being censored.

In a statement, Google said:

“In order to protect user safety on Google Play, our longstanding policies require that apps displaying user-generated content have moderation policies and enforcement that removes egregious content like spots that incite violence. All developers agree to these terms and we have reminded Parler of this clear policy in recent months.”

The statement continued:

“We recognize that the can be reasonable debate about content policies and that it can be difficult for apps to remove all violative content, but for us to distribute an app through Google Play, we do require that apps implement robust moderation for egregious content.”

Google said that in light of “this ongoing and urgent public safety threat,” Parler listings from the Play Store are suspended until it “addresses these issues.”

According to BuzzFeed News, Apple made a similar threat to Parler Friday night.

Apple claimed in an email Friday that “numerous complaints regarding objectional content” had been reported on the platform, along with claims that Parler was used to “plan, coordinate and facilitate illegal activities in Washington, D.C.” on Wednesday, the report said.

Interestingly, neither platform made similar threats to Twitter, when that platform was used to coordinate riots throughout last summer. Apparently some “illegal activities” are more acceptable than others.

However, according to Legal Insurrection, the complaints about Parler appear to have come from a group called “Sleeping Giants,” which targets conservative outlets.

In 2016, the group targeted Breitbart, demanding companies remove advertising from the news site. However now they apparently have moved on to eliminate other voices believed to be conservative.

A series of tweets from the group confirms they were very active in reporting what they deemed questionable content on Parler.

 

 

 

The moves by Google and Apple not so ironically come on the same day that Twitter permanently banned President Trump from their platform, and days after Facebook made a similar move. Reports circulated Friday that the president has moved his social media presence over to Parler.

Parler, which launched in 2018 however was relatively unknown, has become a go-to for conservative voices. Prominent conservatives such as Dan Bongino, Mark Levin , Wayne Dupree and Michelle Malkin have moved to the platform after having much of their content deleted or otherwise censored or where they had their accounts shut down.

While there are alternatives to app stores to load software onto Android phones, called side-loading, it is a much more involved process.

A spokesman for Parler wasn’t immediately available, although a company official appeared on Tucker Carlson Tonight on Fox News and sharply criticized the move by Google.

Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today? With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing! (See image below.) Thanks for being a part of the LET family!

Facebook Follow First

Share:
Related Posts