Teen accused of murdering father, stepmother and three siblings shows no remorse


LIMESTONE COUNTY, AL – A 15-year-old boy accused of murdering his father, stepmother and three younger siblings when he was 14 is reportedly showing no signs of remorse a year after the murders. 

While the teen is said to be relatively well-behaved while in custody, officials say that he never speaks about his now-deceased family members

Here’s the details on this disturbing case. 

Back in September 2019, a then-14-year-old Mason Wayne Sisk was said to have massacred his entire family in Elkmont, AL. 

Police say that Sisk  murdered his father, 38-year-old John Sisk, stepmother, 35-year-old Mary Sisk, and his three siblings, which were identified as six-year-old Grayson, five-year-old Aurora and six-month-old Colson. 

According to reports, each victim was shot in the head. 

In the months leading up to the murders Sisk’s cousin, Daisy McCarty, revealed that Sisk had been engaged in criminal acts such as breaking into his school and even burning animals alive.  

McCarty also revealed a possible motive for the alleged murders, saying that Sisk had just learned a week prior to the killings that Mary Sisk wasn’t his biological mother. 

McCarty believes that the proverbial family secret having been recently discovered prior to the slayings might have pushed Sisk over the edge. 

Apparently, Sisk hadn’t seen his biological mother since 2008, when he was just 3. His mother reportedly lost custodial rights to Sisk after numerous instances with police having been called on her for being either overtly drunk or on pills. 

The courts granted Sisk’s father full custody and in 2011, Sisk’s biological mother died

Law enforcement officials noted back in September of 2019 that Sisk had confessed to having used a 9-mm handgun to execute his family members, with Sisk being the person to call 911 after the murders. 

When police responded to the scene of the killings, Sisk even showed responding authorities the location of the gun that he initially tried to dispose of. 

The gun used in the crime was said to have been illegally present inside the home, but no details were revealed as to how the gun was acquired. 

But in recently unveiled court documents a year after the killings, Sisk’s juvenile probation officer assigned to his case notes that the accused isn’t showing any remorse: 

“Mason does not seem bothered by the fact he’s accused of murdering his family. He has not shown any sign of remorse. While in detention, he has not talked about his family at all.”

Even though Sisk has reportedly received two disciplinary infractions since his detention began in the juvenile facility, predominantly for talking out of place, the probation officer’s report detailed that he’s relatively well behaved:

“While in detention, Mason follows directions, does his schoolwork and interacts well with others.”

The judge presiding over the case decided that the juvenile courts would not be able to adequately administer justice for this heinous crime – so the judge transferred Sisk’s case to the adult court system. 

In the judge’s decision, he took into account both the nature of the case and the criminal acts Sisk had reportedly been engaged in prior to the killings. 

While capitol murder cases typically can issue the death penalty, juveniles tried in adult court cannot be sentenced to death – but can be given life without the possibility of parole. 

A judge in Alabama may use their discretion to determine if parole can be considered for a capital murder case involving a juvenile. However, the convicted individual wouldn’t be eligible for parole for at least 30 years. 

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Atlanta teen facing murder charges in carjacking and fatal shooting of 73-year-old man

ATLANTA, GA – A 17-year-old male suspect who was already in custody at the Fulton County Jail on unrelated charges has now been charged with the carjacking and murder of a 73-year-old man that occurred on Oct. 20. 

According to Sergeant John Chafee from the Atlanta Police Department, the incident transpired during the early morning hours of Oct. 20. 

APD units responded to a report of shots fired at roughly 3:30 a.m. in the 1100 block of Collier Road N.W., where officers found 73-year-old Lawrence Denney lying dead in the parking lot of a Goodwill Donation Center. 

Police say Denney’s cause of death was an apparent gunshot wound to the chest, and investigators determined that he’d been the victim of a carjacking when the shooting transpired. 

Investigators were said to have determined that 17-year-old Antonio Donta Sanders was the gunman.

Sgt. Chafee noted that the charges were handed down to Sanders while he was in the Fulton County Jail on Nov. 11. 

When commenting on the recent charges levied toward Sanders, Sgt. Chafee stated the following: 

“We are appreciative of the work our investigators put into this case and are pleased to have another violent felon off our streets.”

It is unclear what charges Sanders was previously being held under, as he’s amassed a considerable number of cases this past year, according to Fulton County Jail records

Atlanta teen facing murder charges in carjacking and fatal shooting of 73-year-old man
Antonio Donta Sanders criminal complaints – Fulton County Jail records screen shot

Sanders is shown to have been arrested on Oct. 22 for several offenses alleged to have been committed this year. 

One incident dated June 14 shows that Sanders was charged with theft, a June 22 incident was cited for armed robbery and possession of a firearm while in commission of a felony. 

Additional June 23 charges showcased an obstructing charge and possession of a pistol/revolver of someone under 18. A July 7 incident shows an arrest second-degree criminal damage and reckless conduct. 

According to an Aug. 13 incident date, Sanders was charged with two counts of participation in criminal street gang activity.  

According to Georgia state law, if convicted of murder, Sanders could face life in prison or even the death penalty. However, considering the age of the suspect, mitigating factors could be introduced in the event of a conviction. 

This is still an ongoing investigation. 

Please follow Law Enforcement Today as we gather updates on the case. 


Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today? With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing! (See image below.) Thanks for being a part of the LET family!

Facebook Follow First

Related Posts