TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Authorities say that a Florida man who is accused of stabbing six people called his pastor and asked for forgiveness before launching his attack, according to WCTV News.

On Wednesday, Tallahassee officials confirmed that 41-year-old Antwann Demetris Brown was in custody after the mass stabbing at Dyke Industries, a business located in an industrial park in the Florida city.

According to Tallahassee police, management had been considering terminating Brown from his position at the company. Upon learning about it, Brown allegedly confronted management and got into a verbal altercation before leaving the building… then coming back in armed with a knife. 


41-year-old Antwann Demetris Brown is in custody after allegedly stabbing multiple victims on Wednesday. (Tallahassee Police Department)


Brown’s pastor reportedly called 911 after receiving a troubling call from the suspect Wednesday morning. He was concerned that Brown meant to commit harm to others after he had called and asked the pastor to pray for him and forgive him for what he was about to do.

Witnesses reportedly saw the attack go down, but most were unsure of what Brown was using to go after people. One victim said that he had approached Brown and asked him if he was part of the management there. He was immediately stabbed. 

Another person tried to rush to a stabbing victim’s side to provide aid. They were attacked. A fourth man in the warehouse area saw Brown on top of another victim. He charged at Brown and shoved him off, but was then attacked as well. 

UPDATE: The incident location is Dyke Industries. TPD has the suspect in custody. TPD Investigates Stabbing on…

Posted by City of Tallahassee Police Department on Wednesday, September 11, 2019


When one victim pleaded for her life, Brown allegedly said “I’m going to spare you this time,” before heading to a different area of the building. 

Reports indicated that almost all of those who were attacked were trying to intervene and prevent further harm from taking place. Investigators say that Brown stabbed his coworkers approximately 20 times before the attack ended.


When police took Brown into custody they said he was covered in blood and had blood underneath his fingernails. 

Brown now faces five counts of attempted first-degree murder and one count of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Police had originally responded to the industrial park just after 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday.

“Upon officer’s arrival, they discovered multiple stabbing victims and provided immediate medical attention,” the Tallahassee Police Department said.

Multiple victims were provided immediate aid as emergency crews arrived at the industrial park and were then transported to area hospitals for further treatment.

No deaths were reported.

USA TODAY spoke with family members of some of the victims who were inside the industrial building at the time of the attack.

Did you know that Law Enforcement Today has a private new home for those who support emergency responders and veterans?  It’s called LET Unity, and it’s where we share the untold stories of those patriotic Americans.  Every penny gets reinvested into giving these heroes a voice.  Check it out today.


Marquitta Campbell says that her husband, Bobby Riggins Jr., had been scheduled to have a job interview at 8:30 Wednesday morning. Campbell was talking with Riggins on the phone when she heard loud noises in the background.

Then Riggins told her he’d been stabbed.

“The next thing I know, he said ‘Baby. I’ve been stabbed five times,’ ” Campbell said. “ ‘I’ve been stabbed.’ ”

The confusion of the location seemed to stem from the possibility that workers may have chased the alleged attacker from the building over to the nearby Coca Cola plant, where the suspect was subdued and taken into police custody.


A spokesperson from the hospital said that there had been a total of six victims who were being treated.

“They are currently being evaluated by our medical team. We will provide an update as soon as more information becomes available,” Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare spokesperson Danielle Buchanan said.

USA TODAY was live at the scene of the attack as emergency crews continued their investigation. 




The investigation into the attack is ongoing. Law Enforcement Today will continue to bring you updates as more information becomes available to the public.


Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today?  With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.  

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing!  (See image below.)  Thanks for being a part of the LET family!

Facebook Follow First