The story we are about to share is disturbing.
FLINT, MI – A 34-year-old Michigan man has been charged with 17 felonies related to his alleged sexual assault on at least five people.
According to M Live, Stokes King Tiggs, who also uses the name Tyson Tiggs, was arraigned in July.
Charges include three counts of kidnapping, three counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct, four counts of second-degree criminal sexual conduct, assault with intent to commit sexual conduct, two counts of accosting children for immoral purposes, a single count of aggravated indecent exposure and three counts of extortion.
He is currently being held without bond and will appear in court on August 4th for his probable cause conference with District Court Judge David Goggins.
These crimes are alleged to have been conducted since Tiggs was released from prison in October 2020.
He had been serving a 14-year sentence for a third-degree criminal sexual conduct conviction from 2005 in Genessee County.
After his release on parole, he was living in a half-way house, where authorities say he sexually assaulted a 19-year-old man with special needs.
“Using grooming techniques of which we talk about, using leverage and threats, he convinced this 19-year-old to keep coming back and that grooming tactic convinced this individual to even shave his entire body to look younger,” Genesee County Sheriff Chris Swanson said in a press conference.
According to Swanson, Tiggs didn’t stop there.
“A 19-year-old woman with special needs was also assaulted by Tiggs. He provided her some form of date-rape drug when he encountered her,” said Sheriff’s Office Lt. Kettimer, the lead investigator of the case. “We don’t know what that is. And then he drug her into the bathroom and he violently raped her.”
“There were young children there that were able to witness and give a statement of what they heard as this assault was taking place. I can’t imagine if it were allowed to continue what would have happened to them as well.”
But his reported victim list did not stop at with just those two horrific attacks.
He also victimized two 11-year-old boys, according to law enforcement. They say he used the promise of clothing and drugs to lure the boys into a hotel room. A 14-year-old boy tried to confront the convicted sexual predator and was physically assaulted by the suspect who attempted to strangle him.
Swanson said that investigators believe that one of the victims listed above may have been assaulted by Tiggs more than 50 times.
The sheriff referred to Tiggs as a serial rapist and is asking anyone who may have been sexually assaulted by the man to come forward.
Sheriff Swanson asks that anyone who believes that they may be a victim of the registered sex offender, to call 810-257-3422.
He said that he hopes that if a jury finds him guilty of these crimes, he goes away (to prison) for the rest of his life.
Law Enforcement Today will follow this story and bring you an update after Thursday’s court hearing.
Police: Serial rapist targeted women on dating apps – and might have victims all across the country that we don’t know about.
MOORESVILLE, NC – Michael Brandon Shinn was recently arrested for two separate sex crimes in North Carolina. Investigators now believe that he may have victims as far away as California.
The 29-year-old was picked up by officers with the Mooresville Police Department after two different women came forward sharing similar stories. The only connection between the two women was the suspect and how he operated.
As reported by WCJB, the first North Carolina assault occurred on June 16. The victim told police that she met Shinn online and, after some conversation, agreed to meet in person. She got into a two-tone, silver on black Dodge Charger with Shinn. That is when she told police that he drove to a remote parking lot and raped her.
He allegedly left her in the parking lot without her phone.
Investigators said that they were able to identify Shinn based off the information that the victim provided and then obtained an arrest warrant.
As they were investigating the alleged sexually violent crime, Mooresville police were notified by officers from nearby Huntersville that they had a rape victim that was hospitalized. Her story was eerily similar to the one Mooresville was investigating.
She met Shinn in the same parking lot, where she claimed that she was also raped. Following that report, additional warrants were obtained.
As detectives pieced evidence together, they saw a pattern developing. They are now engaged with numerous agencies, both in North Carolina and other states. Several of those agencies are in California.
A SUSPECTED serial rapist Michael Brandon Shinn has been arrested as police claim the prep may be behind a string of sexual assaults across the US.
— Fox3 Now (@fox3news) June 23, 2022
“The suspect spent a considerable amount of time out in California,” Mooresville police Captain J.L. Quinn said.
Police are asking for women who may have had a similar tragic occurrence to come forward, no matter where they may be.
“We don’t have the exact number yet because victims are coming forward at this time,” Quinn said.
Shinn is currently jailed in the Iredell County Detention Center on two counts of second-degree forcible rape and one count of second-degree forcible sex. He is held on a secured bond of $600,000.
“If you are meeting someone that you are not familiar with, you want to get to know that person first, obviously. And if you are meeting them, make sure you are meeting in a public location, not secluded, dark ones,” Quinn added. “Use your gut instinct to make sure you are not putting yourself in a dangerous situation.”
If you or anyone you know may have been a victim of or had contact with Shinn, you are encouraged to contact Detective Saladino with the Mooresville Police Department at 704-664-3311.
Convicted rapist gets released from prison, then gets arrested on charges of – yup, you guessed it – rape
CHARLOTTE, NC – Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police received a call around 4 am last Thursday. The call stated that a someone was attempting to gain entry to a Daybreak Drive apartment, but they were unsuccessful in that attempt.
Several hours later, they were called again by a person in a different building at that same complex.
The woman on the call said that the man gained access through a window. She told police that he sexually assaulted her. Police say that the woman and the suspect did not know one another.
Police have arrested 28-year-old Robert McFadden, charging him with two counts of first-degree forcible rape, two counts of first-degree sex offense, two counts of first-degree burglary, one count of larceny after breaking and entering, four counts of first-degree kidnapping, four counts of assault on a female, three counts of communicating threats, one count of interfering with emergency communication, and one count of parole violation.
McFadden had just been released from prison after being convicted of sexually assaulting an 83-year-old woman at the Mayfield Memorial Apartment complex.
NC: Robert McFadden, 28, charged with rape, kidnapping 1 day after being released from prison for sexual assault.
Found guilty in 2011 for forcing his way into an 83-year-old woman’s home at the same apartment complex and raping her. https://t.co/lXUk1JHBtN
— Dalton (@DaltonReport) May 28, 2022
According to WSOC, that is the same complex where his most recent victim also lived. She is a 63-year-old woman. She was transported to a local hospital for treatment and evaluation.
The victim that made the first 911 call at 4am said, “I think he’s severely demented.”
Christalline Gainey-Lymon told police she was sleeping when McFadden tried to gain entry to her residence, with the sounds of the attempted break-in waking her up.
“So, I got up on my knees and pulled the curtain back to look at the fan and I (saw) this screen being removed while being pulled away from the frame,” Gainey-Lymon told the Charlotte TV station. “And then I saw this black arm, and I’m, like, ‘Get away from my window.'”
Gainey-Lymon also told WBTV that she believes a more thorough investigation and response from the CMPD could have stopped the subsequent crime from happening.
She claimed that it took at least 20 minutes for police to respond to her early morning call and that they did very little once they arrived.
“He observed the portion of the screen being ripped away from the frame and I said, ‘will you please take fingerprints?’ and Officer Stevens told me, ‘we don’t take fingerprints on screens.'”
“They didn’t try to ride through to look and see if anything else was going on, they didn’t try to find the suspect. They just left,” Gainey-Lymon continued.
She also said that the complex manager told her that surveillance video showed McFadden leaving her window and hiding behind another building while police conducted their search of the area, before proceeding to the second victim’s window.
A CMPD spokesperson told the CBS affiliate:
“Two officers responded to the 4 am call and evaluated the scene including the attempted point of entry. The officers circulated the area in attempt to locate possible suspects.”
McFadden, who now has a lifetime registration as a sex offender is still being held in the Mecklenburg County jail.
A public records search revealed that his bond was set at $1.125 million. It also confirmed all twenty of the charges against him.
Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters? Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you. Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories. Click to check it out.
Man arrested in connection with Washington state homicide was released early after violent assault on jail deputies
SEQUIM, WA- Once again, the apparent failure of our criminal justice system has cost someone their life. According to the Peninsula Daily News in Washington, police officers in the town of Sequim were investigating a homicide after receiving a check welfare call.
Responding officers found a woman in the home who was deceased. It was then when officers discovered the suspect involved in the homicide lived in the residence, a press release said.
On Thursday, police made a routine traffic stop in Sequim at approximately 4:31 a.m. A sheriff’s deputy from the Clallam County Sheriff’s Office arrived to assist the officer at about 4:37 a.m., according to Capt. Randy Plumb of the Bremerton Police Department, which is leading the investigation.
At some point during the traffic stop, the Sequim officer fired his duty weapon, Plumb said in a press release. The stop “rapidly escalated and became physical, which then led to gunshot,” according to City of Sequim attorney Kristina Nelson-Gross in a press release.
The suspect was transported to a local hospital for evaluation, and was subsequently released to police custody, Nelson-Gross said. An officer was shot during the exchange of gunfire, however, was not seriously injured. He was treated and released at a local hospital.
The suspect was identified as Bret Allen Kenney, 34, who was arrested on charges of investigation of first-degree assault of a police officer, disarming a law enforcement officer, and DUI drugs, charges levied by the Port Angeles Police Department. Kenney is a suspect in the homicide.
Now, let’s rewind the “way back” machine to 2017, when two corrections officers at the Snohomish County jail in Everett were savagely beaten inside the facility, with one officer being beaten unconscious and suffering broken bones. A second officer was punched repeatedly and struck with his own electronic stun gun, as reported at the time by the HeraldNet.
One other corrections officer, who came to the aid of the other two, was also assaulted by the inmate.
What was the inmate’s name? Bret Allen Kenney. At the time, Snohomish County deputy prosecutor Adam Cornell wrote in court papers that Kenney had “savagely attacked” the officers, also noting that he continued to punch the two officers even as they were down on the ground.
Kenney was charged with two counts of second-degree assault and one count of third-degree assault in connection with the incident. The charge of second-degree assault, had he been convicted, would have carried with it a life sentence without parole under Washington’s persistent offenders’ law.
This was (obviously) not Kenney’s first offense, having been arrested regarding a 2009 robbery and another robbery in 2011. He had received a five year bid for that case, while also racking up two non-strike convictions the previous year.
According to authorities, the assault inside the jail took place at around 1:00 a.m. when Kenney was allowed outside of his cell to walk around the module. Kenney was pacing , however slowed down according to Cornell. When the deputy stopped to look at his watch, Kenney attacked him without being provoked, and “sucker punched him square in the face.”
After the deputy fell to the ground, Kenney continued to pummel him. He initially walked away, however returned and continued the assault when the deputy tried to get up.
“He again brutally attacked him with his fists and continued to do so even after it appeared that (the deputy) was not moving,” Cornell wrote.
That officer suffered injuries which included a broken nose along with other injuries.
When the second deputy came to his co-worker’s aid, Kenney accosted him on the stairs and started punching him, eventually getting him to the ground and continually punching him as he lay on the floor. During the struggle, Kenney grabbed the officer’s stun gun and clocked him with it.
In the Sequim case, Capt. Mike Davis of the Bremerton Police Department would not confirm or deny if anyone was shot in that incident and refused to identify either the suspect or the officer who was injured.
Nelson-Gross told reporters that in the case of any officer-involved significant use of force, it is required that an independent investigative team take over the investigation.
“Once the Sequim Police Department were notified this incident met those parameters, the Kitsap Critical Incident Response Team Commander was notified,” Nelson-Gross said.
In the 2017 assault on the jail deputies, Kenney was sentenced last November to over six years in prison, HeraldNet wrote. As is typical, a change in Washington State Law made one of the previous robbery convictions ineligible to be counted toward the state’s three strikes law, which removed the possibility of life without parole.
In another clear failure of the criminal justice system, Kenney was released from jail after serving only two months to a community custody program. Laughably, prior to being sentenced for the Snohomish County incident, Kenney wrote the judge claiming he’d “learned a valuable lesson.”
Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today? With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.