Soros-backed LA District Attorney sworn in, eliminates cash bail, death penalty, begins push of radical agenda


LOS ANGELES, CA – A George Soros-backed politician has successfully been elected as District Attorney for the Los Angeles, California… and many police officers argue he will be catastrophic for law and order.

Two of his first moves after being sworn into office were to abolish cash bails for the majority of offenses and bar his prosecutors from seeking the death penalty regardless of how heinous the crime.

George Gascon used reportedly millions of dollars in donation from George Soros in order to win enough votes to be able to remove the incumbent, Jackie Lacey, from the position. 

Gascon, who came from San Francisco, seems ready to do the same job in LA as he did there, an area which has been anything but lawful in most areas.

The democratic Los Angeles Mayor, Eric Garcetti, who at first favored Lacey, withdrew his support and endorsed Gascon before the election.  The reason was supposedly over Lacey’s handling of the protests and riot prosecutions in the city after the death of George Floyd.

After being sworn into office, Gascon informed everyone that he had planned to make significant changes to how crimes are handled and prosecuted in Los Angeles.  He announced the cash bail would be stopped for those who have been arrested for crimes. 

He stated that prosecutors will not be allowed to request bail from a Judge for any misdemeanor, non-serious or non-violent offense.  Bond will only be allowed to be requested in cases in which are determined to be serious offenses, for now. 

By January 1st, Gascon hopes that infrastructure will be in place that will enable the end to all cash bail.  Instead of allowing someone to bond out for what they determine are serious offenders, they will seek detention when they believe it is necessary.

That means two things:

One – someone who is arrested for beating someone up could be allowed to walk free regardless of anything else as soon as the paperwork is completed.  This means, in theory, that same suspect could walk out of the jail and commit the same crime on the same day.

Ask New York how that is working out.

Two, one of the things cash bail enables is to keep those in jail that need to be there…but, also affords them an opportunity to be released upon certain conditions which is designed to keep them ‘honest’ until their next court date. 

Say, for example, you are arrested for any crime, and you are given a $100,000 bond by a judge. 

That means that you have to find a bondsman that is willing to take the risk for you not to escape or commit further crimes while you are out. 

It also means that you have to put a minimum of 10% cash down on the bond or turn over something worth $100,000. 

If the person who is bonded walks away, commits another crime, or runs, the money they put toward the bail and whatever they put up as collateral is forfeit to the bondsman.

Now, bonds do not always work and often times people out on bond continue to commit crimes or try to flee.  However, it works enough to keep the people that may be salvageable on the straight and narrow until their court case is heard.

Gascon, who is barring the use of the death penalty for anyone convicted of a heinous crime, also wishes to prevent juvenile offenders from being charged as adults.  Never mind that violent crime is out of control in the city already, and some of those offenders are juveniles.

Some of the 1,200 prosecutors that Los Angeles have voiced concerns over his moves as he had not consulted with any staff prior to announcing them.  They are rightly concerned of the negative impact these changes will make when it comes to law and order in the area.

LET has a private home for those who support emergency responders and veterans called LET Unity.  We reinvest the proceeds into sharing their untold stories. Click to check it out.

Murdered officer's grave desecrated before headstone even placed

NY Bail Reform: Accused killer released with no bail and second alleged shooter was already out on parole

August 7, 2020

ROCHESTER, NY – It’s a murder that really highlights how screwed up New York bail reform is.

Thirty-one year old Parris Washington was shot and killed last Friday afternoon in Rochester, NY.  The manner of death has been ruled a homicide.  Police Captain, Frank Umbrino said multiple shots were fired.

Olajuwon Holt, age twenty-six and Randall Scott, age thirty, were later arrested and charged with second degree murder in the case.

Randall Scott was released to house arrest with no bail. 


Because his lawyer,  Don Thompson, argued that Scott has a good standing when it comes to returning to face charges.  The District Attorney’s Office said bond was asked for, but not set.  The Assistant District Attorney “strenuously” objected.

Here’s the deal.  The judge decided that the alleged murderer didn’t need to post bail because when he commits crimes, he usually if not always comes back to stand trial. 

His lawyer said Scott previously returned from out-of-state to face misdemeanor charges in a separate case. 

He commits crimes, but he comes back, so he’s a good guy?  Tell that to Parris Washington’s family.



Randall Scott does have to wear an ankle monitoring device. 

He also had to promise to stay home or go back to jail, but his lawyer says he’s not a flight risk because all of the other times he commits crimes he comes back to face trial. 

Recidivism, thy name is Randall, but that’s okay, because he comes back for the trial or at least he always has before.

The second suspect was Olajuwon Holt, 26.  He was arrested Wednesday morning in an early morning raid on Portland Avenue.

Holt was also charged with second-degree murder – but here’s the best part. He is currently already on parole for a second-degree assault conviction.  That means more charges for violating his parole will likely follow.

Need another example of the disaster that’s called “bail reform”?  How about this case from June?

She woman was only 64 years old – and now she’s dead.  Police said she didn’t survive after being put into a medically induced coma following a violent attack.

It turns out that the victim of the horrific rape died on May 27.

“38-year-old Frankie Harris has been arraigned on attempted murder, rape, strangulation and sex abuse charges. But now those charges are likely to be changed now that the incident has been deemed a homicide,” according to ABC 7.

Now we’re told that the suspect was previously freed twice from jail under New York’s bail reform law.  Officials say he’ll undergo a psychiatric evaluation.

“Harris, who’s accused of spewing hateful remarks about Puerto Ricans in two earlier violent incidents, targeted 64-year-old Adalinda Delgado-Staiman on May 18, rolling up to her on a Citibike on E. 111th St. near Second Ave. and striking up a conversation,” the New York Daily News reported.

The reporter also said:

He left, only to return a few moments later and choke her from behind, assistant district attorney Justin McNabney said Tuesday.

He dragged her to the ground and choked her for three full minutes, until her legs stopped moving, the prosecutor said. 

He raped her, and left her in a pool of her own blood and feces, neighbors told the Daily News.

According to the prosecutor, Harris allegedly stopped the attack and left the victim.  He then allegedly returned to continue the assault TWICE before leaving her “completely lifeless body on the pavement”.

He changed his story several times, according to police, after detectives showed the suspect video footage of the incident.

At first, he said the sex was consensual.

He later denied raping her and said he was only on top of the victim to try and revive her.

Then he tried to blame an imaginary “Puerto Rican man” for the horrific crime.


It’s not his first time in trouble.

Harris was released not once, but twice in 2020 under bail reform guidelines. Both of the previous cases involved either violence or sexual misconduct.

On February 6th, police arrested Harris for allegedly slapping a woman’s rear and he was subsequently charged with forcible touching and sex abuse. During a hearing on February 8th, Justice Gerald Lebovits attempted to set bail at $10,000.

That bail amount only lasted three days.

At the request of the defense, another bail hearing was held with Justice Althea Drysdale handling the proceeding. Drysdale ordered Harris to be freed under a form of supervised release. Yet, in under two weeks’ time, Harris was back in custody under new charges.


Authorities say that in Harris’ second arrest this year, he assaulted a mother in front of her two children, ages three and five years old, by punching her in the mouth. Harris allegedly spat on her and threatened to kill her, all in front of her kids.

Police say that Harris then punched another man in the face, and then spit on a third person as well. During the commission of these alleged crimes, authorities say that Harris then called the victims “Puerto Rican f*ggots.”

These alleged acts landed Harris a whopping 16 charges, which included the likes of third-degree assault as a hate crime, aggravated harassment, endangering the welfare of a child, menacing and resisting arrest.


Of course, bail reform came into play once again. When Harris faced Judge Hilary Gingold regarding these charges, he was released once again under a supervised release program. Despite having scheduled court appearances for these previous charges, police say that Harris never showed up to court once released.

It wasn’t until the attack on the elderly woman transpired that authorities caught back up with Harris and placed him into custody.

Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today?  With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.  
Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing!  (See image below.)  Thanks for being a part of the LET family!
Facebook Follow First
Submit a Correction
Related Posts