Sen. Ted Cruz blocked by Biden staffer from filming video of migrant facility that’s at 1500% capacity

Share:

DONNA, TX– On a recent showing of “Sunday Morning Futures,” Senator Ted Cruz showed exclusive video of a woman he identified as a Biden administration staffer blocking him from recording at a migrant facility.

Cruz and Sen. John Cornyn, both Texas Republicans, led a delegation of senators down to Donna, Texas where migrants have been reportedly packed into facilities designed for a much smaller number of people.

What he and his fellow colleagues reported is beyond troubling and during his appearance on Sunday morning with Fox Business show host Maria Bartiromo, he shared some of his insights about this horrific problem. Cruz said:

“We spent a day and a half down at the border and I’ll tell you, it is bad. I’ve been to the border many, many times. It is the worst I’ve ever seen. It is a full-blown crisis.

Last month, the month of February, we had over 100,000 illegal aliens crossing over. Roughly 30,000 of them were unaccompanied minors, kids.”

He added:

“Just today, the Biden administration has over 16,000 children in custody. We went and toured the Biden cages. You know, for four years we heard Democrats and the media talking about kids in cages under President Trump.

Joe Biden has built more cages, the cages are bigger, and they’re more full.”

Both mainstream media and Democratic politicians have struggled to keep the situation under wraps. They do not want it known that the Biden policies and even his sheer presence in the Oval Office is what has caused the crisis, so they keep pointing back to the Trump administration as the cause.

However, during the Trump administration, the border facilities never put up the type of numbers that are showing today. Cruz said:

“The Donna Facility is this giant tent city that they’ve built. It’s massive. It’s designed to hold 1000 people, but under COVID restrictions, its capacity is 250. It right now has over 4000 people in it.

It is at a 1500% capacity and that meant you saw in these cages children, little boys and little girls side-by-side.”

He added:

“They’re not six feet apart. They’re not three feet apart. They’ve not even six inches apart. They’re lying on the floor, there are no beds. They’re lying on the floor side-by-side. They’re covered with aluminum floor emergency blankets.”

As Cruz tried to take video of what he was witnessing at the Donna facility, the Biden staffer who was using her face to block his camera said:

“Please give dignity to the people. Please give dignity to the people. Please respect the people, the rules.”

In speaking with Maria, Cruz said:

“So, you work for the commissioner, you’re a senior adviser, you were hired two weeks ago and you’re instructed to ask us not to have any pictures taken here because the political leadership at DHS does not want the American people to know it.”

As the Biden staffer kept telling Cruz to not take video or pictures, she said:

“Please don’t treat the people a such.”

Cruz responded by saying:

“Your policies are unfortunately trying to hide them. I understand that you were instructed. I respect them and I want to fix this situation and the administration that you work for is responsible for these conditions.”

On Friday, March 26th, Republican senators released shocking visuals of migrants and children packed into border facilities as they railed against what they called a border crisis of President Biden’s own creation.

Cruz added:

“In that facility, children are testing positive for COVID at roughly a 10% rate.”

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Media blackout? DHS official says they’ve been ordered not to speak with media about border crisis

March 18th, 2021

TEXAS – According to a recent report from Breitbart News, a senior-level law enforcement source in the Department of Homeland Security  allegedly told the outlet that officials outside of the White House Press Office and DHS Public Affairs “have been advised not to speak on immigration issues at the border.”

It’s with little debate at this point that there are issues ongoing at the southern border – namely concerning influxes of migrants crossing into the country unlawfully in the midst of the pandemic, and perceived lax approaches to immigration with the new administration. 

And now, according to Breitbart, gathering insight into the ongoing debacle at the southern border may be harder to access moving forward. 

From what the report alleges, an “official with knowledge of the restrictions” spoke to Breitbart under the veil of anonymity, allegedly saying the following: 

“We have been advised not to speak on immigration issues at the border and to rely on DHS’s Office of Public Affairs and the White House Press Office to handle messaging.”

There’s reportedly no set time for when these alleged orders regarding media relations expires. 

Immigration-related issues has been a topic lately that has managed to gain attention from both aisles of the political spectrum. 

Democratic Representative Henry Cuellar from Texas recently made an appearance on Fox News about immigration concerns transpiring at the southern border: 

“I can tell you this, those numbers of people that are being released, they’re purposely withholding that information.”

“I now know that they’re bringing people from McAllen over to Laredo, processing them in Laredo, and they’re going to release them in my community.”

“I’ve seen this before, don’t let the local communities know what you’re doing, where they’re starting to bring people in from the valley, process them in Laredo, release them at a bus station. And, again, I’ve seen this before in the past.”

A media blackout wouldn’t be terribly surprising if it were indeed ordered by higher-ups within the DHS.

On March 6th, DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas and Domestic Policy Council Director Susan Rice reportedly visited a handful of cities in Texas to get a first-hand look at what’s ongoing at the southern border.

However, members of the press were reportedly barred access to the Border Patrol stations and the HHS unaccompanied children’s detention facility where the delegation had visited on March 6th. 

Sources reportedly informed Breitbart that said denial of access to the press during those visits were “to prevent the imagery of overcrowded facilities from circulating.”

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

In other immigration-related news, we at Law Enforcement Today recently shared a report carrying a deeper dive into the topic of unaccompanied minors crossing into the United States unlawfully. 

Here’s that previous report. 

_

Even before taking office, President Biden depicted himself as a savior when it came to immigration. Using the premise that he would be rescuing the innocent children attempting to gain a better life by entering the United States. 

Now, according to new data released from the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), more than three-quarters of the “child” migrants who recently crossed the border illegally, and were taken into custody by government agents, were teenagers who claim to be between the ages of 15 and 17. 

This new information is very contradictory of the picture both the media and the Biden administration has been painting in regards to immigrant “children”

Alejandro Mayorkas, the secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, said:

“We are not apprehending a 9-year-old child, who has come alone, who has traversed Mexico … whose loving parents sent that child alone,” 

He went on to say:

“We’re not expelling that 9-year-old child to Mexico when that child’s country of origin was Guatemala, Honduras, or El Salvador,” Mayorkas said on March 1.

The data shows that as of January 31st, only 13 percent of the 5,126 migrants who were in the custody of Department of Health and Human Services were younger than 12 years old. Additionally, it is reported that seventy-one percent of those detained were males.  

The non-adult migrants are legally defined as “Unaccompanied Alien Children” (UACs) even though they are accompanied to the border by coyotes, who are working under contracts with their parents or labor brokers, Breitbart reported.

According to migration experts, these teenagers, and men who are claiming to be younger than they are, are attempting to gain entry into the United States because they have heard of others having economic success when coming here from members of their communities. 

Rob Law, the director of regulatory affairs and policy at the Center for Immigration Studies, and the former policy director in Trump’s U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services agency, weighed in on the subject. 

Law said:

“It’s definitely jobs,”  

He went on to say:

“There’s no doubt about it that the overwhelming number of aliens are economic migrants,”

Law added:

“They pose as humanitarian cases … [but] their true intention is simply to come here and take American jobs.”

Breitbart reported that on January 30, the Los Angeles Times reported the deaths of 13 Guatemalan teenagers killed by gunmen as they approached the cartel-controlled U.S.-Mexican border. The victims included 15-year-old Robelson Isidro:

“He earned just $3 a day toiling in the coffee fields around Comitancillo, a largely indigenous town in Guatemala’s western highlands. With a few years of American wages, he hoped to buy the family a house.”

The article went on to say:

“The [Guatemalan] community has a long history of sending migrants to the United States, and [Isidro] had uncles who lived there. They had indoor kitchens. They didn’t have to cook outside under a tarp.”

The boys mother said in a phone interview:

“He was ashamed,”

She said he told her:

“I’m going to fight to make my dreams come true. I have to get my siblings ahead in life. I’m going to get them out of poverty.”

A 2017 International Organization for Migration study showed economic reasons fueled 91 percent of Guatemalan migration to the United States. Less than one percent migrated because of concerns about crime, According to Breitbart.

Maria Woltjen, executive director and founder of the Young Center for Immigrant Children’s Rights, told a reporter for ProPublica for a November 2020 article:

“Honestly, I think almost everyone in the system knows that most of the [migrant] teens are coming to work and send money back home,”

She went on to say:

“They want to help their parents.”

Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today?  With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.  

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing!  (See image below.)  Thanks for being a part of the LET family!
 
Facebook Follow First
Share:
Related Posts