Dozens and dozens of people shot this weekend in gun-controlled Chicago, with at least 11 dead


CHICAGO, IL – The weekend spanning from July 17th to July 19th proved to be yet another abhorrent weekend of violence in the city of Chicago. New reports of the tallied violence say that at least 70 people were shot during the time period and 11 people were fatally gunned down.

Of the 11 people killed by gunfire over the weekend, police say that two of the fatal shootings from July 19th happened only 20 minutes apart from each other.

The first reported shooting happened around the 300 block of North Wabash in the Loop. Officers were flagged down by two victims that needed medical attention after being shot. The two victims were identified as a 35-year-old man who was shot in the neck and a 25-year-old woman who was shot twice in the arm.

After being transferred to Northwestern Hospital, the 35-year-old male succumbed to his injuries and the female victim was cited as being in good condition. Police say that the female victim is not cooperating with authorities.

One of the fatal shootings that occurred over the weekend took place within the in the 3200 block of West Cermak Road. Chicago Police were said to have responded to a call about shots fired, when they were alerted to a 20-year-old victim who had been dropped off at Mount Sinai Hospital.

The victim was reportedly shot in the abdomen and right cheek, where he was pronounced dead shortly after arriving at the hospital. Authorities say that witnesses have been uncooperative in the case and that no suspects have been arrested.

Around 10:00 p.m. on July 17th, officers responded to the scene of a shooting in the 8200 block of South Drexel. Officers stated that two victims were found inside of an apartment, where a suspect reportedly kicked in the front door and shot the two male victims.

Of the two shot, a 60-year-old man was struck in the neck by gunfire and was pronounced dead at the scene. The other victim, identified as a 23-year-old male, was struck in the arm and was transported over to University of Chicago Medical Center, where medical staff cited the victim as being in fair condition.

Not even one hour after that fatal shooting, another was reported to have happened in the 8000 block of South Cottage. Authorities say that three individuals were inside of their vehicle when a suspect in a red SUV began opening fire at them.

All three of the victims were struck with gunfire, who were listed as a 20-year-old male, a 30-year-old whose gender wasn’t identified and a 19-year-old woman.

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Of those shot, the 20-year-old male was struck in the chest and was pronounced dead upon arriving at University of Chicago. The other two victims were listed as being in good condition.

Shortly after midnight on July 18th, a 67-year-old man was walking on a sidewalk in the 4900 block of West Hubbard when a male suspect opened fire at him. The victim was hit in the neck by the gunfire and was later pronounced deceased upon arriving at Stroger Hospital.

Roughly three hours later, five people were shot by two male subjects while standing on the sidewalk within the 1600 block of South Keeler. Of the five victims, a 25-year-old male victim was hit in the chest and pronounced dead when transported over to Mount Sinai. The remaining victims from that incident were pronounced in good condition.

At around 3:27 a.m., an 18-year-old male was driving down the 2600 block of West 24th Street when a male suspect opened fire on him. The victim later crashed his vehicle into a tree, where police found him and pronounced him dead at the scene.

At the 3400 block of West Ohio Street, police discovered a 26-year-old man lying on the ground at around 6:28 a.m., where he’d suffered numerous gunshot wounds. The victim was pronounced dead on the scene, and Area Four detectives are investigating what the details were of the shooting.

On July 19th at approximately 10:47 p.m., a 21-year-old male was shot by what police believe to be someone in a passing vehicle around the 8200 block of South Cottage Grove. The victim was transported over to University of Chicago Hospital in critical condition, but eventually succumbed to the gunshot wound in his back.

About one hour after that fatal shooting, two people were killed and three other victims were wounded in a shooting that took place in the 11300 block of South Carpenter. Police say that a group of people were hanging out in the street when someone began firing into the group.

One victim was a 26-year-old male that was truck multiple times in the head and body, and was pronounced dead after arriving at Advocate Christ Medical Center. A 41-year-old man was also shot in the back of the head, where he later died after arriving at Roseland Hospital.

The three other victims from that shooting were identified as a 26-year-old man shot in the head, a 37-year-old man shot in the leg and a 48-year-old man shot in the lower-left flank. The 26-year-old male is in critical condition, whereas the other two victims were listed as being in stable condition.

Just another violence-filled weekend in strictly gun-controlled Chicago.

Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today? With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing! (See image below.) Thanks for being a part of the LET family!

Facebook Follow First

Submit a Correction
Related Posts