Robbers beat, pepper-spray man trying to place an order at Dunkin’ Donuts in Mayor de Blasio’s NYC


NEW YORK CITY, NY – Police in New York City are actively trying to identify six suspects who were caught on surveillance camera attacking and robbing a 26-year-old man inside of a Dunkin’ Donuts within a lower Manhattan subway hub.

The incident was reported to have occurred on January 29th at approximately 11:20 p.m. Video showed the 26-year-old victim standing at a counter inside of the Dunkin’ Donuts located in the Fulton Center on Fulton St and Broadway.

One of the six suspects inside of the store approached the victim from behind and began punching the back and side of his head. Moments later, two other suspects joined in on the group assault.

The three other accomplices seen on the video reportedly inserted themselves into the fray and were seen battering the victim as well.

Outside of the beating delivered by the suspects, the victim was also reportedly pepper sprayed by one of the aggressors within the group. The suspects then took the victim’s wallet and backpack and fled the scene.

The victim in all this is reportedly fine, as he had refused medical attention when first responders hit the scene. Police are urging members of the public to come forward and help identify the six suspects involved in this attack and robbery.

Anyone with information can reach out to Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS.

The Big Apple has been in the midst of conducting quite a few investigations with regard to crimes caught on camera. Below is one such incident from earlier in January that involved a victim being robbed of his phone and clothing by a vicious mob. 

Find them: Group brutally beats man, robs him of phone and clothes in Mayor de Blasio’s New York City

January 24, 2021

NEW YORK CITY, NY – NYPD officials say that a 26-year-old man was the victim of a brutal group beating during the morning of January 22nd, where the victim was reportedly deprived of his phone, pants, shoes and even his underwear after the beating.

According to police, the victim was attacked by approximately 12 people at around 11:30 a.m. near Canal and Allen Streets in New York City’s Chinatown on January 22nd.

Video of the incident was captured by nearby surveillance cameras, which seemingly show the victim just walking down the street before a group of people immediately rushed him and launched an attack.

During the video, you can see the victim get punched, tossed around, kicked and stomped on by members from this violent group.

Police say that the victim was also allegedly cut by some unknown sharp object during the attack.

After the attackers reportedly stole the victim’s phone and clothing, the suspects were said to have fled the scene in numerous different vehicles.

When police responded to the scene, the victim was reportedly transported to a local hospital and they are said to be in stable condition – having suffered injuries to the head, torso, and hands.

Reportedly no arrests have been made in this case as of yet.

Officials are asking that anyone with information regarding the incident or suspects involved to call contact NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-8477 or for Spanish, 1-888-577-4782. Tips can also be sent to  @NYPDTips on Twitter or submitted online at

There’s been a host of attacks, some caught on camera, in New York City since the onset of 2021. 

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out. LET Unity

Here, another violent attack that occurred within the “Big Apple”. 

Police: Muggers beat victim, fracture his jaw in broad daylight in Mayor de Blasio’s New York City

January 16, 2021

NEW YORK CITY, NY– With New York City seeming like the wild west lately, it is not surprising that violent crimes are not only taking place at night, but also taking place in broad daylight as well. 

Law Enforcement Today has reported on multiple crimes over the past several months that have taken place during the day, without any fear of repercussion. 

Now, another brazen attack has taken place in the city’s East Village in broad daylight. This time, several muggers allegedly punched a victim so hard that they fractured his jaw in the attack.

On Wednesday, January 13th, the New York Police Department released a video showing the incident, where the muggers allegedly stole the victim’s cell phone in the attack as well.  

As police have reported, and can be seen in the video below, the suspects surrounded their victim before punching him around, 12:40 p.m., between 1st Avenue and East 3rd Street.

The video shows the victim on the floor being beaten for most of the attack, and just when the victim is about to get up, the victim is seen being hit in the face and knocked to the ground once again. 

According to Breitbart, the suspects took off with the victim’s cell phone and fled in the direction of East 3rd Street, police said.

The New York Post reported that the victim was transported to Bellevue Hospital with a fractured jaw in stable condition. As of this reporting, the attackers are still at large. 

Law Enforcement Today will bring you updates in this case as they become available. 

Days before this attack, police say that a 54-year-old man attacked a 7-year-old boy, seemingly without any sort of provocation, via rushing to him from behind and choking him

The incident occurred on January 11th in the Manhattan borough at approximately 2:45 p.m. along East 86th Street near Second Avenue on the Upper East Side. 

Authorities say that a 7-year-old boy was walking alongside his 24-year-old brother when 54-year-old John Shepherd ran up to the young boy’s backside and yanked him by his neck and said, “I’m going to kill you.”

During the incident, the 24-year-old brother attempted to stop the alleged attacker, but the suspect was said to have then fallen on top of the young boy. 

A bystander nearby the attack was said to have aided the 24-year-old male in detaining Shepherd until police could arrive on the scene. Police were said to have taken Shepherd into custody, citing that he was believed to have been under the influence of either alcohol or drugs.

The young boy was said to have suffered a cut on his neck and lip, and was later transported to NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center for treatment of his sustained injuries. 

Shepherd has since been charged with reckless assault of a child, strangulation, harassment and acting in a manner injurious to a child.

This is a developing investigation. Please follow Law Enforcement Today as we gather further insight into this ongoing case. 


Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today?  With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.  

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing!  (See image below.)  Thanks for being a part of the LET family!
Facebook Follow First
Submit a Correction
Related Posts