Report: Rhode Island governor tells people to ‘stay home’, then gets caught hanging out at a wine bar

Share:

PROVIDENCE, RI- Governor Gina Raimondo can be added to the ever-growing “do as I say, not as I do” list for Governors who ignore their own COVID-19 lockdown orders.

Raimondo is facing backlash on social media after a picture was taken of her out at an indoor wine bar without a mask on just one day before she was forced into quarantine after the head of the Department of Health recently tested positive for COVID-19.

Erica Oliveras, who took the photo, said that she and Raimondo were both at Barnaby’s Public House in Providence on Friday night, December 11th, for a wine and paint night.

On December 7th, the governor told state residents to:

“stay home except for essential activities”

She also told residents to:

“wear a mask anytime you’re with people you don’t live with.”

Four days later, Raimondo was out at the wine bar without a mask and around several people she did not live with.

Oliveras defended the governor and claimed that she did not realize the backlash the picture would get, with many pointing out the fact that Raimondo was not wearing a mask.

Oliveras said that people are making their own narratives and that the picture does not tell the entire story.

She said:

“She only took her mask off whenever she was drinking her wine. That’s the only time she took it off. When she came into the building she had her mask. Whenever the waiters approached her, she had a mask on.”

However, many others did not see it this way and thought that the governor was setting a bad example. Susan Goodman, from Providence, said:

“Shame on you Gina. She shouldn’t even be at an event like that. You can drink wine at home. I’m an experienced wine drinker Gina, do it at home.”

A spokesperson for the governor’s office said that Raimondo did not do anything wrong. Josh Block, the spokesperson said:

“The governor had dinner at a local restaurant with her husband and had her mask on anytime she was not eating/drinking.”

One day after the wine bar outing, Rhode Island Department of Health Director Dr. Nicole Alexander-Scott tested positive for COVID-19, prompting Raimondo to self-quarantine because she shared a stage with Alexander-Scott the night before at a briefing.

Under Rhode Island’s pause, indoor recreation and entertainment facilities are forced to close.

A spokesperson for the Department of Commerce told ABC6 news that the guidelines are referring to places like arcades or entertainment venues.

Matt Shaeff said:

“An activity like the painting night would be allowed as long as there are protocols in place to prevent sharing of tools between households.”

In a Twitter post on December 7th, Raimondo said:

“It’s week two of our pause. I know it’s been hard, but I want to thank every Rhode Islander who’s following our guidance.

“Please, stay home except for essential activities & wear a mask anytime you’re with people you don’t live with. Together, we can turn our case numbers around.”

Oliveras said that she saw the governor being there as a “positive for the community.”

She said:

“The main thing that I took out of it is, ‘wow she’s here at a small business and she’s supporting.’ She came in, she supported, she bought wine, she engaged.”

Raimondo recently issued an executive order extending the state’s coronavirus restrictions through the end of the year.

Under the rules, indoor and outdoor gatherings are limited to only members of the same household, and restaurants and bars can only seat one household per table inside and two households per table outside.

Raimondo joins a list of other Democrat governors who ignore their own lockdown rules.

On November 6th, California Gov. Gavin Newsom and his wife attended a birthday party with a dozen friends at an expensive restaurant after he locked down the state.

In September, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), was caught not wearing a mask while inside an airport, even though she has called for a mandatory rule to require all airline passengers to wear masks.

On August 31st, Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), who has long advocated for lockdowns and a national mask mandate, was caught dropping into a hair salon, without a mask, that was ordered closed by the governor.

Ronna McDaniel, the chairman of the Republican National Committee summed these incidents up nicely in a recent tweet:

“Gavin Newsom at a posh restaurant. Dianne Feinstein not wearing a mask. Nancy Pelosi at the salon. The list goes on and on with Democrat leaders from California and beyond saying: Lockdowns and restrictions for thee, but not for me!”

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Oregon Governor reportedly violates own mask mandate; refuses to honor heroic actions of state trooper

August 9th, 2020

OREGON– A post on Facebook has gone viral, and at the center of it is Democratic Oregon Governor Kate Brown and her security detail for violating her own mask mandate. They were on a trail next to the park in Marion County and none of them were wearing masks.

In early July, Brown announced that all Oregonians will be required to wear face coverings in indoor public spaces. In mid-July she extended her executive order to the outdoors, which means while hiking on a trail she and her security detail should have been wearing masks.

Not only did she defy her own executive order in public for the world to see, but a member of her security detail, who is an Oregon state trooper, has yet to be publicly recognized for rescuing a teenage girl from drowning.

Now, a witness to the incident last Sunday is demanding that the trooper be awarded a medal from the Oregon State Police, but so far Brown herself has not yet publicly acknowledged the heroic act by the trooper.

In an interview with PJ Media, the witness named Rebekah, who did not want her last name known due to fear of retaliation from the governor, described the scene:

“We had just gotten there. We hadn’t even put our stuff down on the ground. As we walked down the trail, a guy was screaming, ‘Help, help, do you have a rope?’

“My friend went to grab a stick and this girl was drowning. All I thought was, ‘Oh my God, I’m not going to let these kids watch somebody die today, right?'”

She added:

“I gathered them up and I ran them up to the trail and I ran to go get help because the teenager that was drowning was three times my size, so I gathered up all the kids and we ran right up the trail.

“Well, the first group of people that we came across was a group of six people and I said, ‘Help, somebody’s drowning, somebody’s drowning. Run, run,’ and these two men jet past me and ran down to the water.”

She said:

“Then this lady who I’m standing next to on the trail says, ‘Don’t worry, they are two state troopers’ and I said, ‘Oh, praise God, thank the Lord!’ And so I ran back down knowing that he knew what he was doing.”

According to Rebekah, she had no idea that the lady she was standing next to, the lady who told her not to worry because those two men are state troopers, was actually Kate Brown and her security detail.

Once she gained her composure, it clicked. She said:

“As soon as the trooper got her to shore, he got out of the water soaking wet and I ran right up to him and said, ‘God bless you, thank you so much for your service.'”

She continued:

“Then I said, since all the scrutiny that’s been going on today with the police and how people hate the police and they’re screaming, ‘F- the police’ and ‘we don’t want you,’ I made sure to say that we back the blue and I threw my arms up and I cheered.”

She added:

“He put his head down after I said, ‘We back the blue,’ and I found that very odd and then all of a sudden I look up and Kate Brown and I are locking eyes.”

According to Rebekah, at that point she said she felt compelled to say something to the governor, but as they headed back up the trail she simply said:

“See ya later, Kate!”

In her conversation with PJ Media she said:

“They were doing their own thing and in my mind, I’m going, you go to every single Open Up Oregon rally, Let them Play rally, Back the Blue rally. We’ve been protesting to let our kids play sports and go to school. With all the chaos in the streets around Portland and Eugene, there’s no law and order.

“She gets police protection as we clearly saw, but yet we are on our own while she’s trying to defund the police. So, what was going through my mind was, when are you ever going to see Kate Brown and speak your mind?

“My two daughters were side by side with me at the Capitol and my one daughter made a sign that said, ‘Kate Brown you can take away my school, you can take away my sports, but you will never take away my freedom.'”

According to Rebekah, as soon as Brown and her party saw the Trump hat she was wearing, they quickly put their heads down and refused further eye contact. Since the incident, Rebekah has attempted to contact the governor’s office as well as the Oregon State Police to recommend a public award for the officer who saved the drowning girl, but has had no such luck.

Rebekah describes herself as a patriotic American who supports the military and the police and says she only wants this positive story about police to receive the recognition it deserves.

She said:

“I want them to be honored. Our governor, Kate Brown, witnessed a state trooper saving a teenager’s life right in front of her eyes. She should have been on the news on Sunday honoring what a good job the cops do. They saved a human life and we do need them. We do not need to defund them.”

PJ Media has reached out to the governor’s office for comment regarding the incident, but has received no response.

It seems that despite the heroic actions of the day, Kate Brown will continue to take her taxpayer-paid security detail with her when she’s in public, she will continue refusing to stop the riots in downtown Portland, she will continue refusing to deploy the National Guard, and she will continue to generally fail to uphold law and order to protect average citizens.

It will be a miracle if she actually honors the state trooper for his heroic actions.

Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today? With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing! (See image below.) Thanks for being a part of the LET family!

Facebook Follow First