Report: Ex-FBI agent and filmmakers drop bombshell report about who killed Biggie Smalls and covered it up


BROOKLYN, NY- The New York Post reported that Death Row Records founder Marion “Suge” Knight financed the hit on the famous Brooklyn rapper, Notorious B.I.G.

According to an FBI agent who worked the case and other sources who have seen the sealed court documents, the execution on 24-year-old Christopher Wallace (aka the Notorious B.I.G. or Biggie Smalls) was carried out by Nation of Islam convert and hired hitman Amir Muhammad with the help of corrupt Los Angeles cops.

FBI Agent Phil Carson, who worked the case for two years, said in a statement:

“All the evidence points to Amir Muhammad. He’s the one who pulled the trigger. There were plenty of others who helped orchestrate it and allowed him to pull the trigger.”

Carson added that the alleged coverup “was the biggest miscarriage of justice in my 20-year career at the FBI.” He said:

“I had evidence that LAPD officers were involved and I was shut down by the LAPD and city attorneys inside Los Angeles.”

Wallace was gunned down on a Los Angeles street in the early morning of March 9, 1997. The events that followed his murder have frustrated fans, observers, and the Wallace family for nearly a quarter century, swirling with accusations of an official and widespread cover up.

However, Carson and film producer Don Sikorski, whose movie “City of Lies” chronicles the murder, its probe and the aftermath, told the Post that the murder itself is no mystery. 

Sikorski claims that he and “City of Lies” director Brad Furman are among the few people who have read the sealed court files behind the unsolved murder. Sikorski said:

“All the answers are in black and white.”

A 2003 FBI reported obtained by the Post outlines the case for prosecutors and supports the claim that Carson and the filmmakers are making today. The formal FBI request, penned by Carson, said:

“Amir Muhammad, AKA Harry Billups, the godparent to LAPD Officer David Mack’s two children, has been identified by several sources as the trigger man.”

Carson wrote that the investigation should be given a Los Angeles case file number. He wrote:

“Mack is a registered owner of a 1995 Black SS Impala with chrome wheels, the exact description given as being driven by Wallace’s shooter.”

The original target was reportedly not Biggie, but instead Sean “Puffy” Combs, who was in the vehicle ahead of Biggie’s SUV on the night of the murder. Carson said that he shared this information with Combs and that the record label executive was “pretty freaked out” to learn that he was the intended hit.

Sikorski and his production team are now demanding that law enforcement officials in California renew the investigation and solve what the filmmaker calls “the JFK assassination of the rap world.” Carson is joining in on the effort. 

The civil case filed against the LAPD by the Wallace family in 2002 contains much of the evidence about the murder, but remains sealed under order of a federal judge. According to LAPD, the criminal investigation into the murder officially remains open. However, Sikorski and Carson said that there has been “little to no activity” on the case for years.

Nearly a quarter century after his murder, Biggie remains larger than life. Rolling Stone and Billboard both named him the greatest rapper of all time while New York City street vendors still hawk T-shirts bearing his likeness.

His rise to fame began in 1993 when he signed with Combs’ Bad Boy Records. Biggie’s first album, “Ready to Die,” was released a year later and spawned a series of hits, including “Juicy,” and iconic hip-hop track that now boasts more than 388 million YouTube views even though the song hit the airwaves well over a decade before the video platform existed.

The album itself has sold more than 6 million copies. His second and final album, “Life After Death,” has sold more than 11 million. One person who did not appreciate Biggie was West Coast music mogul Knight.

Biggie’s lightning-fast ascendancy helped fuel the East Coast-West Coast hip-hop rivalry of the 1990s, pitting Knight’s LA-based Death Row Records against Combs’ NYC-centered Bad Boy label. The animosity turned into bloodshed in September 1996 when Death Row superstar Tupac Shakur was shot dead after attending a Mike Tyson fight in Las Vegas.

Shakur’s murder, like Biggie’s, remains unsolved to this day. Six months after Shakur was shot dead, Biggie left a party following the Soul Train music awards in Los Angeles. He sat in the back of a black GMC Suburban, the second vehicle of a three-car entourage. The vehicle then stopped at a red light at the corner of Fairfax Avenue and Wilshire Boulevard.

Witnesses told police that a dark Chevy Impala pulled up next to Biggie’s car and that the shooter, wearing a blue suit and bow tie, blasted several rounds into the vehicle. Biggie was hit four times, the final shot piercing several vital organs. Biggie was pronounced dead at Cedar-Sinai Medical Center.

Carson said that the driver of Biggie’s car, Greg “G Money” Young, had little security experience. He should have kept driving through the red light, especially at that hour of the morning, to protect the passengers from a potential drive-by attack.

Reportedly, Biggie and the rest of the East Coast entourage went to Los Angeles that week, harboring concerns about a potential Tupac revenge hit. Carson said:

“Biggie became a stationary target.”

Carson claimed that Muhammad, a friend of corrupt LAPD cop David Mack, fired the shots. Carson cited eyewitness testimony and financial evidence connecting him to the murder. However, Muhammad was only a suspect for a brief moment and he was never charged.

Now, at 61-years-old, he is believed to be a real-estate broker in Georgia and goes by his given name, Harry Billups. According to Sikorski:

“All evidence points to Amir Muhammad as the killer. When you read those sealed documents there is overwhelming evidence that paints for you exactly who did the murder and why the LAPD covered it up.”

Carson said:

“Suge Knight financed the murder. Suge was ticked off that his cash cow Tupac was murdered. Suge had an accountant that was part of Death Row Records who helped do the financial side of things to pay for the murders.”

The cost of the hit is unknown. Knight is currently serving a 28-year prison sentence after pleading no contest to voluntary manslaughter following a 2015 hit-and-run death during the filming of the movie “Straight Outta Compton.”

Carson claimed that he brought his case, with the blessing of his superior officers, before the local U.S. attorney’s office, but that they failed to prosecute for fear of its impact on the city of Los Angeles and its police department or for other reasons unbeknownst to him.

At the time, the LAPD was still trying to repair its reputation battered by the videotaped 1991 beating of Rodney King and the widespread riots that followed the 1992 verdict acquitting four officers. Carson said he is speaking up now to finally get the justice that alluded him while with the FBI. He said:

“I knew one day I was going to tell the truth. What I went through at the time from the LAPD was sheer hell.”

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

LAPD investigating Trump-bashing rapper ‘T.I.’ for allegedly drugging, sexually assaulting women

May 18th, 2021

LOS ANGELES, CA – Atlanta-based rapper Clifford “T.I.” Harris is reportedly being investigated by the LAPD following a string of alleged sexual assaults involving multiple victims, according to a recent report from The Hollywood Reporter.

The investigation by the LAPD was confirmed after reports surfaced in March that noted 11 alleged victims that are currently being represented by an attorney who is seeking criminal charges in both California and Georgia.

Attorney Tyrone A. Blackburn, who is representing these 11 victims, claims that Harris, and his wife Tiny, victimized these 11 women in various incidents spanning between 2005 and 2018.

Among the allegations claimed by the attorney are instances of sexual abuse, forced ingestion of illegal narcotics, kidnapping, false imprisonment, intimidation, assault and harassment.

Blackburn referred to the alleged criminal acts committed by Harris and his wife as being a sort of “methodical, sadistic abuse,” and addressed why some of the purported victims waited so long before bringing the accusations to light:

“They all have various reasons why they took so long to come out. One of the reasons is that they did not think anyone would believe them.”

The attorney representing these 11 victims attributed some credit for his clients coming out to Sabrina Peterson, which Peterson had alleged back in January in an Instagram post that Harris had previously put a gun to her head.

Blackburn noted that this isn’t an attempt at a cash-grab for the clients that he’s representing, noting that the focus is for potential criminal charges against Harris:

“This is about justice, not about dollars.”

In a statement provided by the Harris’ attorney, Steve Sadow, the couple have vehemently denied the allegations lodged against them:

“These allegations are nothing more than the continuation of a sordid shakedown campaign that began on social media. The Harrises implore everyone not to be taken in by these obvious attempts to manipulate the press and misuse the justice system.”

While the LAPD has confirmed that there’s an active investigation into Harris, the agency did not go into great detail beyond confirmation.

While the investigation is ongoing, Harris’ attorney stated that the couple have not “been contacted by the Los Angeles Police Department,” or any other law enforcement agency as of this time regarding the matter.

Even though no charges have come from the investigation yet, Harris has suffered some blowback in his career endeavors. The rapper/actor was reportedly dropped by Marvel Studios for the third installment into the Ant-Man film series, which Harris starred in the first two films.

Furthermore, production for the VH1 show “T.I. & Tiny: Friends & Family Hustle”, featuring the Harris family, has also halted production in light of the allegations the couple are facing.

A spokesperson from MTV Entertainment, which oversees VH1 productions, released the following statement regarding the matter:

“We are aware of the allegations, and while they are not connected to our show, we have reached out to T.I. and Tameka Harris, as well as local and state officials. Given the serious nature of the allegations, we have decided to suspend production in order to gather more information.”

 Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

In other investigations being handled by the LAPD, a firebombing incident of a LAPD division building earlier in March resulted in an arrest of a 24-year-old suspect. 

Here’s that previous report. 


CANOGA PARK, CA – A suspect is reportedly in custody following the firebombing of the Los Angeles Police Department’s Topanga Division building that occurred during the early morning hours of May 9th.

Video from the incident has been released, where the suspect can be seen throwing what police say was a Molotov cocktail against the station doors, resulting in an explosive spread of flames.

At approximately 12:55 a.m. on May 9th, a male suspect approached the station doors of the LAPD’s Topanga division and through a Molotov cocktail at the station’s front window.

Reportedly multiple officers witnessed this incident and pursued the suspect. Video from the incident shows the officers as they exit the station doors after the incendiary device is thrown at the building’s facade.

A foot pursuit eventually resulted in the suspect being apprehended by authorities, according to a report from the Associated Press:

“Police personnel witnessed the attack through the station’s closed-circuit TV system and officers gave chase on foot while a supervisor extinguished the flames.”

Authorities say that when they had apprehended the suspect following the foot pursuit, arresting officers had “observed that he smelled like gasoline,” while taking Rosin into custody.

Despite the alarming explosion of the incendiary device caught on camera, local reports note that no officers were hurt during the incident.

The LAPD has identified the suspect as 24-year-old Jonathan Rosin, a local from Los Angeles.

Limited details have been revealed about the suspect from authorities. No possible motive has been brought forth by officials as of this writing.

A records search performed by us here at Law Enforcement Today found that the suspect’s last reported address was at an apartment complex located off of the 7400 block of Alabama Avenue, less than two miles from the Topanga Division’s building.

Rosin was reportedly booked under charges of igniting an explosive and an unspecified misdemeanor warrant. Bail for the suspect has been set at $501,000 for the charges.

It is unclear whether Rosin has secured an attorney as of this time. 

This is a developing story. 

Please follow Law Enforcement Today as we continue to gather further insight into this investigation.


Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today?  With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.  

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing!  (See image below.)  Thanks for being a part of the LET family!
Facebook Follow First
Related Posts