Pub declares itself an ‘autonomous zone’, refuses to abide by shutdown restrictions, doesn’t charge customers

Share:

STATEN ISLAND, NY– It seems that a bar owner of a Staten Island pub, located in a coronavirus “hot spot” has borrowed a tactic from the left-wing anarchists in an ongoing fight with the government over coronavirus lockdown restrictions.

According to the New York Post, the Pub declared itself an “autonomous zone,” free from the public-safety restrictions its owners said they refuse to abide by. Signs outside and around Mac’s Public House in Grant City said:

“!ATTENTION! We hereby declare this establishment an !!!AUTONOMOUS ZONE!!!”

Other signs said:

“We refuse to abide by any rules and regulations put forth by the Mayor of NYC and the Governor of NY State.”

Despite a shutdown order from the state Health Department and multiple $1,000 fines as well as the revocation of its liquor license by the State Liquor Authority, the bar owners are refusing to close their doors. Co-owner Danny Presti said:

“At this point, we’re OK with it because we’re not paying it. The Sheriff’s Department is issuing us $1,000 fines, so they keep coming back. We’re still here. We’re not letting them in.”

Co-owner Keith McAlarney backed up his partners declaration of COVID independence and said:

“We’re not backing down. You think you scared me by…saying I don’t have a license to now to serve liquor? Well guess what? that liquor license is on the wall. If that liquor license is gonna come off the wall, it’s gonna be done by Cuomo.”

He added:

“You wanna come down here and pull that license off the wall? De Bozo, you want to come down here and pull the license off the wall? Feel free to end up comin’ down and we’ll end up having a conversation before you even think about stepping foot on my property. I will not back down.”

Reportedly, the state had been warning for weeks that the South Shore was on the path to orange-zone status, based on the area’s consistent and surging COVID-19 positivity rate.
On Monday, November 23rd, Cuomo made the call and restrictions, including the prohibition of indoor dining in bars and restaurants, took place on Wednesday, November 25th. 

However, on Saturday night, November 28th, three days after the restrictions were allegedly put in place, the Pub was operating like it was 2019, with a small group of patrons enjoying cocktails on the house inside of the bar. McAlarney said:

“Sure, you can have a drink, we’re not charging.”

Close to five customers, wearing face masks, showed up in about a two-hour time span to support the bar, which seems to be exploiting a loophole for “businesses” in Cuomo’s executive order by not actually charging customers. Keith Atherholt, 45, who left a $100 tip for a glass of water said:

“I totally support what he is doing. I don’t support the tyrannical nonsense they have in place. I gave them a$100 for this water. They didn’t charge me. I gave it to support them.”

Reportedly, two other couples were hanging out inside for close to an hour and a half. As a man left he bar with a woman and a baby, he said:

“He’s alright, he’s doing the right thing.”

Others cheered the Pub on by visiting their Facebook page. Ashley Angelastri wrote:

“Yes!! I keep saying, there’s more of us than them! Every single small business needs to stand together & do this! So much respect to you guys!! Good luck with everything!!”

Other small businesses in other states are similarly doing the same. A drinkery in Kentucky that sells both coffee and alcohol had its liquor license recently suspended by the state Alcohol Beverage Control Agency (ABC) after failing to comply with COVID-19 restrictions.

Owner Andrew Cooperride, who according to his Facebook page, identifies himself as an official in the Libertarian Party of Kentucky, is refusing to stop serving customers at his business.

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Report: Every protestor arrested during CHOP raid – including those who assaulted cops – released from jail

July 3rd, 2020

SEATTLE, WA – So much for those arrests that took place when police made sweeps through Seattle’s CHOP zone on July 1st. Reports indicate that some of those who were arrested in defiance of the orders to disperse were back on the streets shortly thereafter.

According to reports, there were 44 people arrested during the sweep that took place during the early morning hours of July 1st in the zone once known as CHOP in Seattle.

One of the people arrested, Rashyla Levitt, was said to have only been held for mere hours after her arrest during the sweep for charges of failure to disperse.

By July 2nd, Levitt was already taking to the streets once again to engage in protests, saying the following about her release:

“We are back with the fire and we are ready to go.”

Levitt continued, noting that whatever was ongoing in CHOP was some sort of “movement” for “the people”:

“This is the people’s movement and we are gonna keep being part of the people and pushing this movement forward.”

While the charge was only a misdemeanor, many are concerned within the area that Levitt’s release is going to be that of a trend for those taken into custody during the CHOP clearing operation.

Considering that those arrested on site during the sweep were among those refusing to leave (among other charges) – a expedient release could morph into an expedient reassembling of the miscreants.

Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan, while having been the one responsible for clearing out CHOP weeks after it had formed and went unchecked until murders occurred, still managed to sneak in some pandering toward the lawless group that inhabited the area when commenting on the Seattle Police’s arrests that occurred on July 1st:

“I fully support SPD’s operations this morning and the arrests and bookings were appropriate. But as we move forward in healing, alternatives to charging and criminal sanctions are also important.”

So even after weeks of assaults, vandalism, robberies, and murders – Seattle’s mayor is still looking to extend friendly consideration toward a group of people that seized several city blocks and terrorized residents in the area.

https://twitter.com/MDee123456/status/1278451473345626115

City Attorney Pete Holmes said that of those who were arrested for misdemeanor crimes during the CHOP sweep, they’d be eligible to have their charges dropped if they participate in a “diversion program.”

LET has a private home for those who support emergency responders and veterans called LET Unity.  We reinvest the proceeds into sharing their untold stories. Click to check it out.

Murdered officer's grave desecrated before headstone even placed

To give context as to the type of people who will be having their criminal charges dropped, take a look at how these “protesters” decided to treat a female reported when CHAZ/CHOP was in full form. 

Inhabitants and supporters of the CHAZ/CHOP area in Seattle constantly claim that they’re not rioters or engaged in violence, but time and again they manage to convey something completely different when on camera.

On June 8th, a Fox affiliate news crew based out of Seattle ventured to the once-dubbed “autonomous zone” to engage in reporting. Instead, the crew was met with harassment and assault from the inhabitants – which was all caught on camera.

Fox 13 reporter Brandi Kruse posted the unedited video to Facebook on June 17th, where cameras captured her in the mere attempt to report on the sectioned-off six block area of Seattle while being surrounded by a group of “peaceful” protesters.

Kruse captioned the video posted with the following:

“I hope you will watch every minute so you can feel the fear we felt. So you can hear my tears at the end. This video was taken Monday, June 8, the night Seattle left the East Police Precinct to protesters.”

Kruse’s caption continued on the video, capping it off with the following:

“Our crew was targeted, stalked, harassed, and assaulted. The level of vitriol from one member of the mob, who claimed she was a ‘social worker,’ was like nothing I’ve ever experienced.

“When elected leaders lump this type of behavior into what they’re calling ‘peaceful,’ not only is it a lie, but it’s deeply offensive to those who have been subjected to it. I hope this video is spread widely. Seattle needs to do better.”

The display was nothing short of a complete picture of what the CHAZ/CHOP movement represents: bigotry. The crowd surrounded a woman simply trying to do her job, using a means of intimidation and instances where Kruse noted that she was being shoved.

Overall, despite whatever positive spin media is trying to afford the “autonomous zone,” it’s clearly not a positive place. It is evidently rife with mob rule, copious amounts of vandalism, and an obvious show of those deemed “unwanted” will be forcibly removed.

For a group complaining about the likes of police brutality, they’re hardly a box full of kittens themselves.

_

Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today? With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing! (See image below.) Thanks for being a part of the LET family!

Facebook Follow First

Share:
Related Posts