Portland Mayor Wheeler now being physically attacked, punched by the very rioters he’s coddled for years


When you “sleep with the enemy,” you can expect to get burnt. And Portland, Oregon Mayor Ted Wheeler just learned that lesson the hard way, when he was attacked in a Portland restaurant.

Wheeler, who spent at least 4-5 months coddling sometimes violent protesters in that city, was first heckled as he sat in an outdoor dining area at Café Nell while he was dining with a companion on Wednesday, according to the Oregonian who cited a statement from Wheeler’s spokesman Jim Middaugh.

Middaugh noted that Wheeler tried to ignore the mob, however they eventually “pushed their way past restaurant employees” and confronted him.


The New York Post said Wheeler asked the mob to leave, at which time one member of the group started being aggressive toward Wheeler, what was described as “swatting” at him, and finally “made physical contact with him,” Middaugh said.

On a video of the incident, Wheeler can be heard saying that he had been assaulted.

In yet another video of the incident, the person taking the video was asked by Wheeler how old they were and told them to grow up.

“You are going to be made to feel like the scum you are,” the individual yelled at Wheeler before the group was finally convinced to leave, according to the Oregonian.

Wheeler managed to take a picture of his alleged attacker, a social justice warrior named Tracy Molina, who has been a steady participant in the city’s violent riots against purported police violence and systemic racism.

According to Wheeler’s spokesman, he does not plan on seeking criminal charges in the incident, which comes as no surprise given Wheeler’s feckless handling of the over seven months of violent protests in the city.

“Given the tenor of political discourse nationally and locally, it’s not unusual for people to confront the mayor and other elected officials in public. It’s part of the job,” Middaugh said.

“The mayor will continue to support local restaurants and businesses as often as he can. He urges others to do the same,” he continued.

One day later, police in the suburban Portland town of Tigard declared a riot after a mob of unhinged lunatics smashed windows and sprayed graffiti in the downtown business area of the community, which has a population of 48,000.


What spurred the violence? What else…a fatal police shooting. In this case, a 26-year-old man, Jacob Ryan McDuff was shot by police. He had been involved in a domestic violence incident.

According to KGW-8, the shooting took place late Wednesday afternoon. McDuff was armed with a knife following the domestic incident. According to police spokesperson Kelsey Anderson, officers attempted to arrest McDuff as he was leaving his vehicle; he refused demands that he surrender.

Officers found McDuff in possession of a knife, and during a subsequent struggle with police, an officer shot and killed him.

The shooting is currently under investigation by the Washington County Major Crimes Team and additional details will be released when available.

Fox News reported that law enforcement sources reported around 100 protesters were involved in the riots.

Relative to the rioting in Tigard, one person, 20-year-old Zane Saleem Bsoul was arrested and charged with one count of rioting.

Last week, Wheeler had vowed (finally) to crack down on Antifa, who have been engaged in nightly violence in the city since the end of May. They have caused hundreds of millions of dollars in damage since they started their nightly siege of the city.

“My good faith efforts at de-escalation have been met with ongoing violence and even scorn from radical Antifa and anarchists,” he said on Jan. 1.

“In response, it will be necessary to use additional tools and to push the limits of the tools we already have to bring the criminal destruction and violence to an end,” Wheeler added.

Just in the nick of time, huh?

Wheeler narrowly won reelection last month, barely beating out an admitted Antifa anarchist, Sarah Iannarone.

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

For more on the third-world hell hole Portland is, we invite you to:


PORTLAND, OR – New Year’s Eve celebrations in Portland reportedly “devolved” into riotous acts, with fireworks and other incendiary devices being lodged against the federal courthouse and law enforcement within the city. 

According to reports from Portland Police, firebombs were said to have been hurled at police officers and fireworks were aimed at the courthouse, which has been the target of rioters for most of 2020:

“A gathering in downtown Portland has devolved into a riot. Participants have thrown multiple firebombs at officers and launched commercial grade fireworks at the Federal Courthouse and Justice Center.”

The firebombs described by the PPB were later clarified to have resembled Molotov cocktails, in which two of them were reportedly thrown by members within the amassed crowd. 

In an announcement made on Twitter, the PPB declared the gathering to be a riot and instructed all those in the area to clear out: 

“The violence from the crowd has prompted a declaration of a riot. All persons in the area of Southwest 3rd Avenue around Southwest Main Street are ordered to leave to the south and west immediately.”

“If you do not leave you are subject to arrest, citation, and/or the use of force, including but not limited to impact weapons and tear gas.”

Some reports from the riot allege that people were also attempting to utilize burglary tools to gain unauthorized entrance into the Justice Center, but those attempts were reportedly unsuccessful. 

Items such as large rocks, bricks and frozen water bottles were also reportedly hurled at PPB officers tending to the area.

Law enforcement officers who were not affiliated with the PPB were said to have also been hit with paint-filled balloons that seemed to have been laced with a caustic substance due to burn injuries sustained. 

Fires were also set throughout various areas, mainly in areas among the street-level and not to any reported structures. 

Officers did wind up using some impact munitions and and inert smoke to clear the area. Some businesses were also damaged in the riot as well, but there’s currently no detailed report on to what extent that was at this time. 

Police say that the crowd had eventually dispersed by roughly 2:00 a.m. on January 1st. Multiple arrests were reportedly made as well, but officials have yet to detail the exact number and the identities of those arrested as of this time. 

We at Law Enforcement Today will provide further updates on this matter once details become available. 

Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today?  With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.  
Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing!  (See image below.)  Thanks for being a part of the LET family!
Facebook Follow First
Related Posts