Editor’s note: the following story is graphic. Viewer discretion is advised.


CHICAGO, Ill. – A Chicago woman reportedly used social media to lure a pregnant teenager back to her apartment under false pretenses and then killed her and cut her unborn baby from her womb.

Police say that 46-year-old Clarisa Figueroa was selling clothes to an expecting mother, 19-year-old Marlen Ochoa-Lopez. She offered clothing to Ochoa-Lopez in a Facebook group for expectant mothers, using the offer to get her back to her home.

Investigators say that’s when Figueroa strangled Ochoa-Lopez and cut the baby from inside her.

(Fox 32 Broadcast)


Ochoa-Lopez’s body was discovered in a garbage can in the backyard of Figueroa’s home on the city’s Southwest Side, about 4 miles from her own home.

“Words cannot express how disgusting and thoroughly disturbing these allegations are,” Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson said in a press briefing.

Investigators said that Clarisa Figueroa ‘apparently wanted to raise another child two years after her adult son died of natural causes.’

When police arrived at Figueroa’s home, they discovered the strangled body of Ochoa-Lopez stuffed into a garbage can in the backyard.

19-year-old Marlen Ochoa-Lopez was found murdered and stuffed into a trash can. (Facebook)


Figueroa’s daughter Desiree was also allegedly involved with the ruthless killing. The two women face murder charges.

40-year-old Piotr Bobak, the mother’s boyfriend, was also charged with concealment of a homicide. 

Ochoa-Lopez went missing approximately three weeks ago in the end of April. She reportedly drove from her high school to Figueroa’s home after interacting with her on Facebook. 


When she got to the home, Figueroa allegedly used a cord to strangle her, then cut the baby from inside her womb. Just hours later, Figueroa frantically called 911, claiming that her newborn wasn’t breathing. Emergency responders rushed to the scene, where they discovered the baby blue and unresponsive. 

They attempted to resuscitate the child, transporting him to a local medical center, but reports indicated that he was not expected to survive.

The three suspects are to appear in bond court on Friday. (Fox 32 Broadcast)


But it wasn’t until police noticed Ochoa-Lopez’s interactions with Figueroa on social media that they made the connection between the two women.

Before Figueroa was arrested, she reportedly started a GoFundMe campaign online to raise funds for a funeral for her ‘dying baby.’

DNA tests showed that Figueroa was not the mother of the child, but that Ochoa-Lopez and her husband, Yiovanni Lopez, were actually his parents.

Deputy Chief of Detectives Brendan Deenihan said that when investigators showed up to question Clarisa, her daughter told them ‘an extremely odd story.’


The statement included that Desiree’s mother was in the hospital with a leg injury, but she also noted that Figueroa had just recently delivered a baby. When police began searching the area around the Figueroa’s home, they found Ochoa-Lopez’s car.

They later discovered her body in the garbage behind the house and seized surveillance footage that showed Ochoa-Lopez’s vehicle driving through the neighborhood on they day investigators believe she had been killed.

The father is still hoping for the child to pull through, but the situation is grave.

“We plead to God that he gives us our child because that is a blessing that my wife left for us,” Yiovanni Lopez said. 

The three suspects face murder and concealment charges and are scheduled to be in court on Friday.