Police: While out on bond on domestic violence charge, man violently abused his 1-year-old daughter


MOBILE, AL – Niktoria Lett left the house on Sunday without her 1-year-old daughter Royalty, who stayed home with her dad. When she returned a short while later, sher found her daughter’s face “all messed up.”

“I get in the apartment and my whole, my, my baby face is just messed up,” Lett said according to Fox 17. “Her whole head, her left shoulder is just like ooh!”

Now, the baby’s father, 23-year-old Eugene Lamont Sneed, is in custody, charged with aggravated child abuse. He is being held in the Metro jail.

He is scheduled to appear in court on October 17th.

Here is what we know.

The baby ingested boiling hot water. But it was not a case of the child accidentally drinking something.

According to police, Sneed poured the scalding water down her throat.

Lett said that her daughter is fighting for her life.

“I couldn’t even stand to look at her. I couldn’t even keep calm. I couldn’t even maintain my body for real. So, we rushed her to the hospital, and from there, her injuries just started worsening,” Lett said.

“Her lungs critical, everything critical. That’s how they know it was done purposely. They said it was an intentional thing that he did. Justice for Royalty! That’s all we want.”

Sadly, this is not Sneed’s first run-in with police. His criminal history has many people wondering why he was on the street to have committed this crime to begin with.

Turns out that Sneed is not being held without bond on this case. His bond was actually revoked on a previous domestic violence charge.

In 2018, then 19-year-old Sneed was charged with third-degree domestic violence. In 2020, he was charged with first-degree domestic violence. In 2021, he was arrested again on a domestic violence charge.

The case that he bonded out on is frightening.

Prosecutors allege that Sneed fired shots at his ex-girlfriend and mother of his children. His kids were with her at the time of the attack.

He is slated for trial on that charge October 24, 2022.

The details in those two other cases are not known.

What is obvious and out in the open is that Sneed has a propensity for being a repeat offender.

Now, Mobile’s Public Safety Director, Lawrence Battiste, is speaking out against the bail reform crisis that has swept the nation over the past few years.

“People are entitled to bond but there are those instances where a person has shown propensities to continue to their violent or negative behavior and in those situations, we need to have at our disposal the ability to hold them accountable by keeping them in jail until their trial date,” said Battiste.

The Director indicated that Aniah’s Law will be on the ballot in Alabama next month. That law would address this very aspect. It gives judges the ability to deny bond to violent offenders, keeping them in jail rather than on the streets to continue committing more crimes.

That law is named after an Alabama teen, Aniah Blanchard. She was allegedly kidnapped and murdered by a man that was out on bond for a previous kidnapping.

"I'm being treated unfairly": Accused cop-killer complains that defense lawyers keep dropping his case

Young woman killed in double shooting believed to have been killed by boyfriend while he was out on bond

HARRIS COUNTY, TX – Family, and friends are grieving the loss of an 18-year-old college student who was gunned down in a double shooting on August 29th.

The man whom police believe killed the woman was her boyfriend who was out on bond at the time of the killing.

The incident was first reported to Harris County Deputies as a shooting in progress around 7:30 p.m. reported to be in the area of the 4700 block of Backenberry.

When deputies arrived on the scene, they discovered two persons had been shot, Redha Sayed and her sister Mahenoor, “Noor,” Sayed.

Sadly, Redha was pronounced dead at the scene while Noor was rushed to a nearby hospital. According to family members, Noor was shot in the neck and is expected to recover, however, they have been told to expect a lengthy recovery process.

Harris County Detectives began working on the case and learned that the two young women had met with Redha’s boyfriend, Walker Porretto, before the shooting. The investigation lead detectives to believe that the three had some type of argument over alleged inappropriate comments that Porretto had said to Noor.

A nearby resident spoke to KPRC 2’s Cathy Hernandez about what they saw before the shooting. That unnamed person said:

“I see a young lady get out of a vehicle. She walks up to the car, and she opens the door and she’s having conversation with whoever is in the driver’s side of that car. It appeared to me that they knew each other, and they were having a small argument.”

Detectives believe when the two women were arguing with Porretto over the comments, for reasons still unknown, Porretto retrieved a firearm arm and began firing. Porretto fled the scene after killing Redha and injuring Noor.

Detectives began their search for Porretto and were able to locate him on August 30th around 7 a.m. in the parking lot of a Willis grocery store in Montgomery County.

As deputies moved in to arrest him, he allegedly shot himself. Deputies rushed in to provide first aid and he was sent to a hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.

Redha had just started going to college and was working as a pharmacy technician at the time of the shooting. Noor had her real estate license and was beginning to embark on the market as a career.

Instead of being able to celebrate the two women’s success, family and friends are forced to mourn for Redha and pray that everything turns out okay for Noor as she fights to recover from an injury caused by a man that should have stayed behind bars.

Porretto was out on bond at the time of the shooting for several felony charges, including gun possession.

According to Harris County court records, Porretto was arrested and criminally charged in June of this year for felony drug possession and unlawful carrying of a firearm.

When he was arrested, Harris County deputies allege that he had 56 grams of methamphetamine, a scale, and money that was assumed to be from the sale of the narcotics.

Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez is one of many law enforcement officials to have spoken out in the past about persons who are out on bond and go out and re-offend. In June, the Sheriff said:

“People who [are out] on multiple bonds, that’s inexcusable in my opinion…Crime is out of control and there’s a revolving door with bail. I get it. We have a broken system.”

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Man accused of drunkenly killing a Florida Sheriff’s deputy bonds out of jail 9 months after the fact

ORANGE COUNTY, FL – Neil Demetree is the 57-year-old man who is facing felony charges after he allegedly drove under the influence and struck a sheriff’s office civilian field officer, killing him in the process.

He was transported from the crash scene and died at the hospital.

The death of David Grassi occurred on December 11, 2021. Now, nine months later, Demetree was arrested before eventually bonding out. He has been charged with vehicular homicide.

A local station, Channel 9, was there when he left the county facility where he had posted bail. They confronted him about the charges he is facing. he simply turned and ran away, according to the ABC affiliate.


Here is what we know.

Early in the morning of December 11, Grassi was sitting in a marked county patrol vehicle. The 66-year-old man was monitoring a lane closure in a construction zone on Interstate 4 in Orlando.

Around 2:30, Demetree, who has admitted having three beers at a gentlemen’s club, was heading home.

It was in that construction zone where Demetree is alleged to have veered into the closed lane where Grassi was sitting, striking the patrol car, killing Grassi.

He told officers that he had a few beers, but the arrest affidavit showed a BAC of .08 as well as traces of marijuana in his system.

Investigators asked if he fell asleep, but he denied that allegation. He simply said the accident “shouldn’t have happened, but it did.”

When questioned about his recollection and driving into the lane, he said he:

“faded into the lane. I put on my breaks, and I tried to go around him.”

He also claimed to have been traveling between 60 to 65 miles per hour at the time of the accident. Forensics shows that he was traveling in excess of 85 miles per hour at the time. The speed limit in that zone was 40 mph.

Grassi had served with the agency for nearly 19 years.

“We appreciate the outpouring of support for the loss of Field Service Officer David Grassi who died in the line of duty on Dec. 11. He joined OCSO in 2003 as a 911 and became an FSO in 2008. He was 66 years old. Please keep his wife Nancy, their kids & grandkids in your prayers,” the OCSO tweeted back in December after Grassi tragic death.

Sheriff John Mina said that simply by being there, Grassi was a hero.

“He saved the lives of many road construction workers out there that night,” he said.

Mina was alluding to what could have happened if Demetree’s car had not contacted Grassi’s, instead swerving where the workers were stationed, potentially striking them.

Law Enforcement Today did a quick open records search but could not determine how much Demetree’s bond was or when he is due back in court.

We will continue to follow this story and provide updates as they become available.

Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today?  With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.  

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing!  (See image below.)  Thanks for being a part of the LET family!
Facebook Follow First
Submit a Correction
Related Posts