Find him! Police release new images of ‘person of interest’ in murder of 8 year old girl


ATLANTA, GA – Eight year old Secoriea Turner was murdered on the night of July 4th while riding in a car with her mother and an adult friend.  The little girl was shot when the driver of the car attempted to turn around in a parking lot where a group of “protesters” had illegally placed barriers. 

Some of the “protesters” allegedly shot at the vehicle, murdering the eight year old child.

The Atlanta Police Department has released new images of an additional person of interest in connection with the brutal murder of an eight-year old little girl.  Crime Stoppers is offering a $20,000 reward for anyone with information about the shooting.

Person of Interest in connection with the fatal shooting of 8 year old girl

“I am asking you to please honor this baby’s life. Please, if you know who did this, please turn them in,” Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms said at a press conference. “Enough is enough.”

Some of the Activists with Black Lives Matter had wanted the burned remains of the Wendy’s, were Rayshard Brooks was shot after a violent confrontation with police, to become the Rayshard Brooks Peace Center, where children and young adults could gather together for job training and counseling.

Instead, it has become the site of another casualty of the ever-increasing violence in cities across the United States.

Secoriea Turner was one of at least six children murdered over the July 4th as a result of the uncontrolled civil unrest being perpetrated under the guise of police reform.

In Hoover, Alabama, 22 year old Montez Coleman is now facing a murder charge for the death of an eight year old boy, Royta Giles Jr.



The victims, from left to right: Davon McNeal, Natalia Wallace, Royta Giles Jr. and Secoriea Turner. (Handouts)

The Mayor of Atlanta issued the following statement:

“The reality is this: These aren’t police officers shooting people on the streets of Atlanta, these are members of the community shooting each other.”

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters? Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you. Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories. Click to check it out.


Find him!  Police release new images of 'person of interest' in murder of 8 year old girl

The family of the eight year old murder victim took to the airways decrying the Black Lives Matter Movement saying, “You killed your own this time.  You killed a child.”

Of course, in the face of facts that don’t fit a certain narrative, some people will contort things to conform with their belief system.

Calling the murder of an innocent child an accident is what some have come to in this country.  One must wonder how someone accidentally opens fire on a car.

Information on the first person of interest sought in the brutal murder of this eight year old little girl was released in the surveillance footage on July 9th.

Once again, anyone with information on this horrendous crime should contact the Atlanta Police crime stoppers tip line: 404-577-TIPS (8477).  The identity of persons willing to assist in the capture and conviction of these heinous perpetrators can be kept confidential.

As attacks on the characters of the good men and women in uniform, these officers, on the front line, continue to protect, serve and work to bring criminals like these to justice.  Some of the very people crying out to defund the police are using this period of unrest to commit crimes in their own neighborhoods.

And now, they are murdering children.  Children, like eight year old Secoriea Turner, who never had a chance.

Horror: North Carolina convicted criminal faces murder charges in beating death of infant son – and that’s not all.

GASTONIA, NC– A 28-year-old Gastonia man is facing first-degree murder charges in the death of his infant child, Deville Ahmadd Middleton, who is younger than one years old. According to the Gaston Gazette, on Friday, Robert Ahmaad Middleton, Jr., of 2631 Pembroke Road, was arrested and booked into Gaston County Jail without bond on charges of murder and child abuse causing severe bodily injury. 

According to authorities, Middleton allegedly fractured the skull of his infant son, causing hemorrhaging on the brain, which led to his death. According to arrest warrants obtained by the Gastonia police, the abuse allegedly took place between June 8th and June 21. Per the arrest warrants, the exact age of Deville was unavailable at the time. 

According to WCNC Charlotte, City of Gastonia Director of Communications and Marketing, Mary Elliot, confirmed that Middleton is accused of inflicting serious injury to his two juvenile sons, both less than one year of age. Both of the sons were diagnosed with having “non-accidental” abusive head trauma and as confirmed earlier, Deville has died from his injuries.

There is a woman who is believed to be the child’s mother, but at this time she does not face any murder charges in the child’s death. 

Middleton has a history of committing crimes with a rap sheet that dates back to 2014.  In 2014, he was convicted of two counts of attempted first-degree arson and then in 2015, he was convicted of violating a protective order. Both crimes were committed in Mechlenburg County and in both incidents, he received probation as his sentence.

Middleton is not the only man facing first-degree murder charges for allegedly killing his infant child. Across the country there are more cases of infant children tragically dying at the hands of their own parents:

According to WBTV, in January 2020, a Charlotte man, 24-year-old Quandeel Taylor was charged with first degree murder in connection with his infant son’s death. The infant, identified as Peyton Taylor, was admitted to Levine Children’s hospital on January 14th with signs of abusive head trauma. Three days later, doctors told the police that the child would not survive his injuries. 

According to WSOCTV, in April 2020, a Winston Salem man, 19-year-old Christion Vaughn Jones was charged with murder and child abuse in the death of his 7-month-old son. An arrest warrant said that the child was later pronounced dead at the hospital and autopsy results showed that the infant boy suffered from a torn liver, broken ribs, and a damaged intestine among other injuries. 

According to the Cherokee Scout, in March 2020, a Cherokee Scout man, 28-year-old Morgan Kimble was accused of killing his 2-month-old son, who was airlifted to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. Officials said that the child was later pronounced dead as a result of blunt force trauma to the head. Kimble was arrested and booked on the murder charge. 

According to USnews, in February 2020, a Georgia man, 22-year-old Jikevious Scott faced a second-degree murder charge in the death of his 7-month-old son. The baby was shaken so violently that he suffered bleeding in his brain.

According to Fox59, in July 2020, a Virginia man, 60-year-old Dennis Chambers admitted to authorities that he used a hammer to strike his wife, 24-year-old Corena Chambers in the head between two and three times before using a cotton burping cloth to smother her 5-month-old daughter, E.C.. Dennis Chambers was arrested and charged with second-degree murder and malicious wounding. 

It’s not the first such horror story in the past few days.

A 23-month-old boy was killed on Tuesday when he was beaten to death during a domestic dispute in a Bronzeville, a south side Chicago neighborhood, authorities said

Police said the suspect punched the 23-month-old boy multiple times in the face around 12:11 p.m. on the 4200 block of South Calumet Avenue.

The young child, Antwun Gayden, was taken to Comer Children’s Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at at 12:41 p.m., according to the Cook County medical examiner’s office, the Chicago Sun-Times reported

According to police, the adult male suspect, with whom they have a long history with, has an unspecified mental illness and was taken into custody at the scene. 

Area One detectives are investigating and charges are pending, a Chicago Police Department spokesman told Fox News

In addition to police, The Illinois Department of Children and Family Services is investigating the situation, said chief of staff Jassen Strokosch. Strokosch said DCFS had no prior contact with the family.

Chicago has seen a spike in violence in recent weeks. Since mid-June, four children under the age of 10, all unintended targets according to police, have lost their lives to gun violence, CBS Chicago has reported. 

  • On June 20th, 3-year-old Mekhi James was shot in the back while riding in his stepfather’s SUV on the 600 block of North Central Avenue. He was taken to the hospital in serious condition, but later was pronounced dead. Police have said the shooter was targeting the 27-year-old stepfather.
  • On June 27th, 1-year-old Sincere Gaston was shot and killed while riding home from the laundromat with his mother in Englewood. His mother was also grazed by a bullet. Police have said the shooter may have been targeting Sincere’s father, who was not in the car.
  • On June 28th, 10-year-old Lena Nunez was fatally wounded when a stray bullet pierced the window of an apartment in Logan Square, as a group of men apparently was shooting at someone else on the street outside.
  • On the Fourth of July, 7-year-old Natalia Wallace was shot in the head while playing in her grandmother’s front yard in the South Austin neighborhood. Investigators claim a group of gunmen opened fire on the 100 block of North Latrobe Avenue, in apparent retaliation for an earlier shooting that killed a brother of one of the shooters. Police have made on arrest, that being the alleged getaway driver, who is being held without bail on charges of first-degree murder and aggravated battery. The three others involved are still on the loose. 

Mayor Lori Lightfoot responded to the death of Natalia Wallace on Monday.

She said:

“Thoughts and prayers are simply not enough at this point. Sorrow itself is not enough. What it says is we need to do better as a city.”

In response to recent violence, Pastor Donovan Price called for residents to take back their city, recalling meeting the family of a Sincere Gaston, the 1-year-old who was shot leaving a laundromat with his mother in June.

The Pastor remembered:

“Utter chaos, of course. And sadness, grief beyond grief.

“Some of the worst things you could ever imagine: a mother losing her child. Blood all over the mother. [I] got blood on me. She herself had a graze wound to her head. Since then, a 3-year-old I’d worked with who was shot as well.”

Chicago Police released statistics showing there were at least 17 people killed by gunfire over the Fourth of July holiday weekend alone, including multiple children. An additional 70 people were wounded. 

This comes as Chicago Police  Superintendent David Brown plead with residents to come together with police, the government and the courts to make the city’s streets safer, in an op-ed published in the Chicago Tribune on Monday.

Brown appeared to take a well-deserved jab at the courts when he wrote:

“We cannot expect community members to turn criminals over to the police if they know that our criminal justice system will return most of those criminals right back to the street.”

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Here’s Law Enforcement Today’s most recent report on Chicago’s gun violence.

 In the city of Chicago, over the 4th of July weekend, a series of violent shootings occurred, taking 14 lives and injuring approximately 70 individuals. On Sunday, July 5, by 5:29pm The Chicago Tribune reported the shooting resulted in 80 people shot and injured, and 17 total deaths.

Among the fatalities was a seven-year-old, Natalie Wallace from South Austin, Chicago’s West Side. Natalie was shot while at a family gathering.

Chicago Police Chief of Detectives Fred Waller told CBS 2 News that the girl was visiting her grandmother for 4th of July weekend. The police said Natalie was playing with other children in the sidewalk at 7:02pm when a light-colored vehicle approached, and an unknown number of people got out of the vehicle and started shooting toward the girl.

She was shot in the forehead and died at Stroger Hospital of Cook County. A 32-year-old male transported himself to Mount Sinai was also wounded in the shooting. He was hit in the ankle and  grazed in the leg.

Chief of Police Waller said:

“When families should be celebrating, having a good time, spending time together, a 7-year-old was taken from us. A 7-year-old girl who was here visiting her grandmother, visiting her family, and now she’s gone.”

Mayor Lori Lightfoot made a statement about the Natalie Wallace and the other shootings:

“Tonight, a 7-year-old girl in Austin joined a list of teenagers and children whose hopes and dreams were ended by the barrel of a gun. As families gather to commemorate the founding of our nation, we must ask ourselves: is this who we are as a city or as a country? We cannot grow numb to this. We are making progress in slowing shootings, but we have to do better, every single one of us.

“We must stop the violence before it starts by investing in our children, our neighborhoods and our schools. We must continue to invest in our street outreach work, in police-community relationships, and in healing those who have been harmed by violence so that we can stop the cycle of retaliation.

“As a city, we must wrap our arms around our youth so they understand there’s a future for them that isn’t wrapped up in gun violence. This has happened for far too long in our communities. I call on anyone with information on these incidents to come forward or submit a tip anonymously at Those committing these senseless acts of violence will be held accountable.”

The Chicago Police Department had recently started an aggressive crime-reduction strategy. Officers attended anti-violence rallies and the department added 1,200 officers.

Police said they have “very good” surveillance video of the vehicle involved in the shooting and are looking at identifying the vehicle and suspects.

A 14-year-old boy from Englewood was also shot dead later on Saturday evening. These fatalities come one week after a one-year old and a 10-year-old were shot dead in Mayor Lightfoot’s city of Chicago.  

Breitbart reported a 75% increase in shootings the month of June in Chicago on July 1, 2020. NBC 5 also reported that murders massively increased from June of 2019 to June of 2020, at a rate of 78%.

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

NBC 5 reported from police a timeline of events from the shootings over the 4th of July weekend. Chicago police reported that at least 16 people are dead from the shootings and at least 69 others were wounded in the shootings which occurred across the city of Chicago.


Early Sunday morning, multiple fatal shootings were reported, including at the 1000 block of East 132nd Street. Chicago Police reported that a large group of people started to argue in a parking lot with a lone male prior to leaving a parking lot and walking into a dwelling.

The lone male opened fire through the door, hitting two of the people in the lot. A 24-year old man was shot in the left torso. Later, the man was declared dead at Christ Medical Center. Another man, 20-years-old, was shot in his left leg, and is recovering at Christ Hospital.

One hour later, another shooting was reported to the police in the 1500 block of South Millard Avenue. There, police discovered that six people were shot as they were setting off fireworks. A woman in her early 20s was shot in the head and abdomen.

The shots reportedly came from a white vehicle. The woman was taken to the Mount Sinai Hospital where she died.

Three males from the group were also shot and wounded. One of them was a 30-year-old male, who suffered wounds to the left shoulder and knee. Another was a 27-year-old male shot in the right abdomen and a 28-year-old male was shot in the left shoulder and leg. All three are recovering at Mount Sinai.

In the 8600 block of South Vincennes, at around 2:15am, a 21-year-old male was shot in the head while standing on the sidewalk. He was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center where he died.

No one has been arrested in any of these shootings.

The shootings started on Thursday night at 9:30pm in the 4100 block of West 27th Street. A 27-year-old male was shot multiple times while walking down the street. It was reported that two males got out of a vehicle and started firing weapons. The man died after being transported to Mount Sinai Hospital.

Less than two hours later, a second fatal shooting occurred in the 4700 block of West Huron, police said. At around 11:15pm two males were shot while standing in the sidewalk. It was reported that a man walked up to them and shot them. In that incident, a 39-year-old male was shot in the chest, neck, and face, and a 36-year-old male was shot in both arms.

Both males were rushed to Mount Sinai for treatment. The 36-year-old is recovering, but the 39-year-old has died.

On Friday, a 28-year-old male was shot in the 5700 block of South Elizabeth. He was sitting on his porch when an unidentified male walked up to him and shot him in the head. The 28-year-old was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center where he died, police said.

As the Fourth of July began, one more fatal shooting occurred in the 6600 block of South Halsted Avenue. Two men were at a local business when a male shot at them. One of the victims was a 20-year-old man who died later at the University of Chicago from multiple gunshot wounds.

The other victim was a 49-year-old male, who was sitting in a vehicle during the shooting and was shot in the left thigh. He too was taken to the University of Chicago and is in critical condition. The Area One detectives are investigating the shooting.

On early Saturday morning, another shooting occurred on South Lake Shore Drive. This time a group of six men approached a 34-year-old woman who was with two males.

The woman was distracted by several of the six men, as the other men started shooting at the trio. The female was shot in the head and died at the scene.

One of the people with her, a 26-year-old male, was shot in his right leg, thigh, and torso. The other with her was a 32-year-old male, who was grazed in the left leg. The 26-year-old male was taken to the University of Chicago while the 32-year-old was taken to Northwestern.  

The list of shootings across the city continues.

Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today? With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing! (See image below.) Thanks for being a part of the LET family!

Related Posts