FAIRPORT, NY- Folks, it keeps happening. So we’re going to keep telling you about it.

A man in New York was arrested two days ago. He was released with an appearance ticket for court. Hours later, he was arrested again. For crimes against the same victim as in the first incident.

If only someone had been able to foresee the dangers and idiocy of these bail reform policies!

In Fairport, a 26-year-old man, Nicholas Jordan, allegedly pointed a loaded shotgun at a person and threatened to kill them. Police arrested him for second degree menacing around 12:30pm Tuesday.

Given the state’s new bail reform, Jordan was able to avoid jail and was released with the issuance of a court appearance ticket.

“Phew. That’ll keep the victims safe,” said no police officer in America.

After learning his lesson and being properly punished for his crimes (sarcasm), Jordan allegedly began threatening the same victim again. This time the threats were via text message, according to officers, and police were called to the victim’s home in nearby Macedon.

Due to the first incident involving a loaded firearm, as well as the victim’s home being in close proximity to Gananda schools, the schools were placed on lock down as a safety precaution.

Macedon police requested assistance from Fairport police who, as we know, were quite familiar with Jordan. Jordan was again arrested in Fairport around 4pm.

I wonder if 3.5 hours is a new record for a criminal’s second arrest.

There is shockingly little information about this incident available at this time, specifically whether Jordan was held after the second arrest.

While it’s not confirmed, Fairport Police did speculate that Jordan would likely be released again following.

Nicholas Jordan appears so far to be a male version of Tiffany Harris.

As a reminder, Tiffany Harris is the New Yorker who was arrested twice in three days for assault in late December, and released as many times with no bail, thanks to NY’s new bail reform laws.

In the first instance, Harris approached a group of Orthodox Jewish women. The women, 22, 26, and 31 years old) were slapped by Harris, who yelled, “Fuck you, Jews!” as she assaulted them.

When questioned by police, Harris said, “Yes, I slapped them. I cursed them out. I said ‘F-U, Jews.’”

This attack was the 8th anti-Jewish hate crime in New York of that week, which was during Hanukkah.

Harris, while “ordered” to stay away from the 3 victims by the judge, was released without bail pending the upcoming bail reform legislation.

Following Harris’ release, she committed another assault, the very next day, against another woman according to police.

This time, they say she punched a 35-year-old woman in the face. This woman was also Jewish, although it is unclear if Harris knew or at least thought she was. The incident occurred in front of the victim’s 2 young children.

These 2 assaults took place within a mile of each other.

After this second assault, which increased in severity, Harris again left the jail without having to pay bail.

Judge Archana Rao had no choice due to the aforementioned bail reform:

“We’re here 2 days after the defendant was here on another charge,” said Prosecutor Evan Hannay to the judge.
Hannay continued, “We believe the highest level of supervised release is appropriate.”

Judge Rao granted that request. Harris was then required to check in periodically with a social worker while she waits for her court date. That’s some high supervision right there.

Police had assured the victim that Harris would be held that time due to the incident being a hate-crime, a cousin of the victim said. But to no avail.

These bail reform laws don’t allow for a person charged with a misdemeanor to be held without bail, or to require bail be paid prior to release while they await their court date, even if the person “poses a risk to the community.”

Apparently, they also don’t allow a hold for a person who commits a credible threat of murder with a firearm either.

We are all waiting with bated breath to discover the outcome of Jordan’s second arrest, although I have a sneaking suspicion we can guess for ourselves.

Police also say that earlier this week, Police: a baby murderer was released with no bond thanks to “bail reform”.

If there’s one thing we know about criminals, it’s that they will always show up to their court dates when appointed (again, sarcasm).

And if there’s one thing we know about murderers, it’s that they definitely deserve to walk free while awaiting their trial.

You know, for committing murder.

New York strikes again, this time it has set free…you guessed it…a murderer.

The victim?  A 6-week-old baby.

Earlier on Tuesday morning, Anthony Ojeda, 38-years-old, was released after making an appearance in court.  On the condition of “supervision,” Ojeda is a free man until his next court date.  Which he will definitely show up to.  (Hope you’re reading this as sarcastically as I’m typing it…)

He was ordered to surrender his passport and wear an electronic tracking device.

Police: Man accused of threatening person with shotgun arrested twice in one day. "Bail reform."

Anthony Ojeda was just given supervised release and no bail in the murder of a 6-week-old child. (Handout)


The newborn baby died December 3 of 2019 after ingesting methamphetamine that Ojeda left out.  Ojeda was charged with 2nd degree manslaughter and assault.

Detective Michael Greene interviewed Ojeda hours after the child died. The detective appeared in court and testified.  He said Ojeda admitted to 2 incidents of assault against the newborn where he “may have” injured the baby.

LET has a private home for those who support emergency responders and veterans called LET Unity.  We reinvest the proceeds into sharing untold stories of those patriotic Americans. Click to check it out.

Police: Man accused of threatening person with shotgun arrested twice in one day. "Bail reform."


The first occurred November 2nd or 3rd, Ojeda told the detective, when Ojeda grabbed the child by the ribs the middle of the night.  He was angry and picked the baby up with one hand by the chest.

 The second was about a week later on November 7th, when Ojeda, during a domestic dispute with his husband, roughly grabbed the baby in the parking lot of Albany Medical Center.

During the dispute, Detective Green testified, “He went to take [the] child out of the car seat. He did so hastily, grabbing the child while he wasn’t fully out of the harness. The child twisted and he believes when he grabbed him is when the injury began.”

In addition to these, the district attorney also stated another incident occurred October 29th that was “not accidental.” Then, the infant went to the hospital for a CT scan for a possible head injury.   No evidence of a fracture was found at that time.

Prosecutors say medical records show the infant suffered several broken ribs.

In December, based on injuries as well as a video showing the interview with Ojeda, the judge ordered him to stay in jail until a grand jury heard his case and decided whether to indict.

The defense, however, argued that Ojeda should be released from jail.  The reasoning?  Ojeda’s native language is Spanish, and he “may not have understood police questioning.”


A language barrier?  Really?

Did that also prevent him from understanding that breaking a baby’s bones and treating him so roughly that a CT scan is required is probably not a good thing?

NY Spectrum reporter Spencer Conlin tweeted, “Anthony Ojeda will be released from Albany County Jail under the supervision of probation. Judge Carter still concerned he could flee given his husband is from Mexico. He must also partake in substance abuse treatment.”

A paternity test has been ordered for the murdered infant to see if Ojeda is the biological father.  It’s been reported that he and the child’s biological mother claimed that he was, and that Ojeda took custody of the baby when the mother couldn’t care for him. 

The baby was born prematurely to a drug-addicted mother.  And father, it would seem.

Ojeda was raising the baby with his male partner.  After the baby ingested the meth, Ojeda waited “several hours before calling for help.”  The baby initially responded to treatment once taken to the local hospital, but later died. 

Detective Greene said, “He believes that the child got into a substance that was left in the house and he ultimately didn’t seek treatment for that because he was concerned for his well-being legally and that led to, ultimately, the baby’s death.”

Am I the only one who is wondering how a 6-week-old baby “got into” a substance?  Babies can barely hold their own heads up at that time, much less pick something up and put it in their mouths all on their own.

But I’m sure the judge considered that while waving goodbye to Ojeda as he walked out the court room, free as a bird.

Police say the baby was being supervised by Rennselaer County Child Protective Services.

Apparently, toxicology reports have not yet been returned so it is not known at this time whether the meth ingestion is the actual cause of death.

That makes it all better.

Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today?  With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.  
Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing!  (See image below.)  Thanks for being a part of the LET family!
Facebook Follow First