Find him: Police hunting for Antifa member who went into hiding after murdering pro-police Trump supporter


PORTLAND, OR– Police are actively searching for a self-identified member of Antifa who gunned down a pro-police, Trump supporter during violent riots in downtown Portland on Saturday, August 29th.

Police have identified the victim as 39-year-old Aaron J. Danielson of Portland. He was shot in the chest as Trump supporters and protesters against police brutality and racism clashed.

It was the 90th consecutive night that Portland has seen protests.

As police continue to investigate, The Oregonian reported that a 48-year-old man who was accused of carrying a loaded gun an an earlier downtown Portland protest is now under investigation in the fatal shooting of Danielson. 

The 48-year-old, identified as Michael Forest Reinoehl calls himself an anti-fascist and has posted videos and photos of demonstrations he has attended since late June, accompanied by the hashtags “#blacklivesmatter,” “#anewnation,” and “breonnataylor.”

On social media and in a video interview with Bloomberg QuickTake News, Reinoehl described himself as a professional snowboarder and contractor who has former military experience, but “hated” his time in the Army.

According to reports, back on July 5th, at one of the demonstrations, Reinoehl was cited at 2:10 a.m. in the 700 block of Southwest Main Street on allegations of possessing a loaded gun in a public place, resisting arrest, and interfering with police.

According to court records, Reinoehl was given a date to appear in court for later that month, but the allegations were dropped on July 30th with a “no complaint”.

Unfortunately, the court documents did not indicate why prosecutors decided not to pursue accusations; he spend no time in jail for those incidents.

On Sunday morning, August 29th, Reinoehl’s 36-year-old sister was awakened by a threatening phone call from someone who told her that her whole family was in danger unless they turned him over.

The sister said that is how she found out that her brother was allegedly involved in the fatal shooting of Danielson.

She reported the threat and once she looked online and saw screenshots of her brother’s photo, she called Portland detectives. She said:

“We reached out to police and confirmed that we recognized Micheal in the screenshots.”

According to his sister, Reinoehl has been estranged from the family including her, their parents, and his younger brother for at least three years. She said:

“On the one hand, this whole thing surprised the daylights out of us because we always thought he was a lot of bark, not a lot of bite. But, he’s also been very impulsive and irrational.”

According to his family, he has stolen his mother’s seizure medication and owes a lot of debt. He has two kids and is separated from their mother. Police said that Reinoehl is also wanted on a failure to appear warrant from a June 8th speed racing case in Baker County in eastern Oregon. 

He and his 17-year-old son were racing in two different cars at speeds of up to 111 mph heading east in Interstate 84 after midnight near North Powder.

He faces allegations including driving under the influence of a controlled substance, recklessly endangering another, unlawful possession of a gun, and riving while suspended and uninsured. 

Back in June, he tweeted:

“I am 100% ANTIFA all the way! I am willing to fight for my brothers and sisters! We do not want violence, but will not run from it either! Today’s protesters and Antifa are my brothers in arms.”

According to reports, A “Trump 2020 Cruise Rally” was set to take place early on Saturday, August 29th. A large group of supporters gathered in Clackamas, Oregon’s Town Center around 4 p.m. Many of the supporters had American flags, Thin-Blue Line flags, and Trump 2020 flags displayed on their vehicles.

A long line of cars, motorcycles, and trucks left Clackamas and made their way around the rally route, which included the downtown Portland area.

The Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office announced via Twitter that people should expect traffic delays and avoid the rally route if possible.

This pro-Trump rally comes a few nights after the last night of the Republican National Convention (RNC) where on the last night, Trump gave his nomination acceptance speech.

Many demonstrators at the pro-Trump rally in Oregon said that they wanted to come out and provide a counterpoint to the other protests that have been happening in Portland for the last three months. One supporter, Mark Claiborne said:

“I’ve been fortunate to live through and vote in several elections. I can’t remember a time where the different between the two ideologies and platforms were so diametrically different.”

Portland Police Bureau (PPB) Chief Chuck Lovell said that police were aware that the pro-Trump supporter rally was headed to the city.

He said that he had his officers attempt to block the caravan from reaching the downtown area where violent rioters have repeatedly attacked officers for the last three months.

However, despite their efforts, a portion of the pro-Trump caravan managed to make their way into downtown Portland. Prior to the fatal shooting of Danielson, video footage captured several clashes between the pro-Trump supporters and those protesting against police violence and racism.

According to some witnesses, two men were yelling and have an altercation around 8:45 p.m. Shots were fired and a wounded man was seen on the ground.

Allegedly, the suspect fled the scene on foot. Once police were able to confirm that the victim had died, they immediately began a homicide investigation.

Pictures of Danielson from the rally show he was wearing a Patriot Prayer hat and he had a Thin Blue Line flag patch on the satchel he was carrying. Friend and long-time business partner, Luke Carrillo said that Danielson was a good and decent man.

Carrillo said that the two of them were like brothers; they shared a business and a house. He referred to Danielson as “Jay”. Carrillo also said that Danielson constantly wore a smile and always had a kind word; he was not a bad guy and his loved his country and his city.

The group organizers of Patriot Prayer wrote a statement on Facebook as the group mourned Danielson’s death:

“He had a huge heart. God bless the life he lived.”

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Related Posts