Police: Florida man paid homeless man $100 to slash his girlfriend in the face, then visited her in the hospital


ORLANDO, FL – Police in Orlando arrested a 35-year-old man they say paid a homeless man $100 to slash his girlfriend in the face in an effort to “send a message.”

The recently released police report also shows that the boyfriend who allegedly commissioned this attack on his girlfriend was at the hospital with her after the was slashed.

At approximately 9:52 p.m. on April 17th, the victim had reportedly parked her vehicle at a parking garage within the 100 block of South Orange Avenue and had opened her driver’s side door, but briefly turned over to grab her purse.

As the victim was doing this, an unknown Hispanic male had launched an attack on the woman, slashing her in the face with some sort of bladed object.

The police report noted the victim suffered “two lacerations to her face, one to the left side of her nose and another laceration from the left side of her cheek to the left ear.”

The officer who arrived on the scene after the attack, identified as Officer Juarbe in the report, noted the following while examining the crime scene:

“Upon walking the crime scene, I observed the victim’s vehicle parked [redacted]. There was a significant amount of blood around the driver’s portion of the vehicle. I also observed a trail of blood leading to the elevator, which was consistent with the victim running to her place of work.”

The victim told authorities that she didn’t recognize who attacked her, nor did the attacker say anything while cutting her face.

When Officer Juarbe was speaking with the victim inside of the hospital while she was being treated, she was accompanied by her boyfriend, identified as Alexis Colon Colon, who proclaimed to have been at home when the incident happened.

During the course of the investigation, security footage obtained from the parking garage where the incident transpired showed a light colored Toyota Prius that had entered the parking garage shortly before the attack and then left the garage shortly after the incident.

Further investigation uncovered footage obtained from street cameras that showed this Toyota Prius following the victim’s vehicle prior to the attack.

Investigators conducted a follow up interview with the victim three days after the attack, and outside of learning that there was a history of domestic violence between her and Colon Colon, the victim mentioned that she remembered Colon Colon having access to a Toyota Prius by way of a tow yard that was located on Ferguson drive.

When investigators tracked down this tow yard, they happened to find this Toyota Prius, which eventually led them to a witness who proclaimed to have had a conversation with Colon Colon inside a vehicle where he’d asked him if he knew anyone who could “hurt” a woman who had upset him.

Alexis Colon Colon - Orlando Police Department
Alexis Colon Colon – Orlando Police Department

This witness reportedly told Colon Colon that he didn’t know of anyone that would do something like that, but informed investigators that Colon Colon picked up a “homeless Spanish male” where he observed Colon Colon make the same proposition to.

The witness proclaimed that Colon Colon paid the vagrant $100 on April 15th after coming to an agreement that this homeless man would attack a woman who works in the Downton Orlando area, driving the vagrant to the specific parking lot where the attack would occur two days later.

Colon Colon was later arrested in early May, having been charged with criminal attempted felony and burglary with a deadly weapon. He’s currently being held without bond at the Orange County Jail.

Authorities have yet to track down the vagrant who allegedly carried out the attack.

 Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

In other news coming from Florida, the mother of the teenage suspect accused of stabbing a young girl to death has been charged with evidence tampering. 

Here’s that previous report. 


ST JOHN’S COUNTY, FL– The mother of a teenager in Florida who is accused of murdering a 13-year-old cheerleader, has now been arrested for evidence tampering, according to authorizes. 

According to reports, the boy stabbed the teen around 114 times, and his mother has now surrendered herself to police on Saturday, June 5th on charges of evidence tampering.  

NBC News reported that the 14-year-old boy, identified as Aiden Fucci, entered a plea of not guilty on Thursday, June 3rd, for the charge of first-degree murder of Tristyn Bailey.

Law Enforcement Today recently reported that 13-year-old Tristyn Bailey was found dead on May 9th in a wooded area of St. Johns, a suburb of Jacksonville.

Authorities said Bailey suffered 114 stab wounds, 49 of which appeared to have been defensive wounds to Bailey’s hands, arms and head as she tried to fight off her attacker.

According to the St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office, on Saturday morning, June 5th, Crystal Smith, Fucci’s mother, was arrested in St. John’s County, and released on $25,000 bail.

NBC News reported that a surveillance camera inside the home of 35-year-old Smith showed her washing a pair of her son’s jeans that later tested positive for blood, according to an arrest warrant. Traces of blood were also found in a sink drain, the warrant said. Evidence tampering is a third-degree felony in Florida.

On May 27th, 7th Judicial Circuit State Attorney R.J. Larizza confirmed that Fucci will be tried as an adult for the murder of Bailey:

“It brings me no pleasure to be charging a 14-year-old as an adult with first-degree murder. But I can tell you also the executive team and I reviewed all the facts, all the circumstances, the applicable law and it was not a difficult decision to make, that he should be charged as an adult. It’s a sad decision and a sad state of affairs.”

The suspect posted to photo to Snapchat the day before his arrest flashing a peace sign in the back of a police car with the caption, “Hey guys has inybody seen Tristyn lately.” He took the selfie when he was only considered a witness and Bailey was still missing.

Fucci had allegedly told his friends that he sought to kill someone, in a very similar fashion as Bailey was killed, without noting who he intended to murder.

Authorities say that fatal stabbing of the young girl was so brutal that the tip of the knife had broken off in the young girl’s head.


Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today?  With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.  

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing!  (See image below.)  Thanks for being a part of the LET family!
Facebook Follow First
Related Posts