Police: Electrician arrested for murdering three coworkers using a baseball bat and a knife


Editor note: In 2020, we saw a nationwide push to “defund the police”.  While we all stood here shaking our heads wondering if these people were serious… they cut billions of dollars in funding for police officers.  And as a result, crime has skyrocketed – all while the same politicians who said “you don’t need guns, the government will protect you” continued their attacks on both our police officers and our Second Amendment rights.

And that’s exactly why we’re launching this national crowdfunding campaign as part of our efforts to help “re-fund the police”.

For those looking for a quick link to get in the fight and support the cause, click here.

POLK COUNTY, FL – According to officials, a 39-year-old electrician murdered three of his coworkers at a rental home they shared earlier in October, reportedly using a baseball bat and a knife to do so.

Investigators aren’t sure what allegedly compelled the suspect to murder the three colleagues, only pointing to a single prior physical altercation between him and one of the victims.

Polk County Sheriff’s officials stated that on October 1st, 39-year-old Shaun Runyon had gotten into an argument with his supervisor on a jobsite, eventually punching the supervisor before fleeing the site.

Runyon left the job site and drove 70 miles west to Tampa International Airport, where he parked his work vehicle, rented a car, and went to a Target store to purchase a baseball bat, according to investigators.

On the morning of October 2nd, Runyon reportedly drove back to the rental home that he shared with his coworkers – to include the supervisor he’d gotten into an altercation with the day prior – and entered the bedroom where his supervisor was.

Officials say that Runyon admitted to deputies that he bashed his supervisor with the baseball bat “until he saw brain matter” and made his way to another bedroom in the home – where Runyon allegedly beat another coworker to death with the baseball bat.

Runyon reportedly made his way into a third bedroom inside of the home and fatally stabbed another one of his coworkers. A fourth victim was chased out of the house by Runyon, according to officials, who had suffered injuries from being struck in the back and shoulder with the baseball bat.

Authorities say that a couple and their 7-year-old daughter were able to escape the house unharmed during the incident.

Following the series of murders, a manhunt was launched where deputies later arrested the suspect after he was found at an area hospital. Sheriff Grady Judd noted during a press briefing that investigators are perplexed by the suspect’s alleged series of murders:

“We have no idea what outraged him so bad that more than 24 hours later, that he would come back and make an attempt to kill every one of them.”

Records show that Runyon had other pending charges out of in Northampton County in Pennsylvania for felony strangulation, misdemeanor counts of child endangerment, terroristic threats, reckless endangerment, and other various charges from back in May.

Runyon has since been charged with first-degree murder and one count of aggravated battery regarding the October 2nd incident.

This is an ongoing investigation.

Please follow Law Enforcement Today as we continue to gather further insight into this developing case.

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Suspect arrested in connection with mass shooting in Florida in that killed 3 and injured 20

(Originally published September 28th, 2021)

MIAMI, FL – Authorities in Miami-Dade made an arrest in a May mass shooting that occurred at a northwest Miami-Dade banquet hall that killed three people and injured 20 others.

The 22-year-old suspect was arrested earlier in September and was booked under three counts of first-degree murder and 20 counts of attempted first-degree murder. However, authorities say the suspect arrested is not one of the trigger men involved.

On September 23rd, police arrested 22-year-old Davonta Barnes in connection with the May 30th mass shooting that claimed three lives and injured 20 others at a release party for a local rap artist at the El Mula banquet hall located off of 7630 Northwest 186th Street.

Officials say that Barnes did not shoot anyone during the incident, instead allegedly serving as a lookout for the numerous other shooters involved that unloaded on a crowd gathered outside of the banquet hall.

Barnes reportedly told investigators that he drove to the scene in his mother’s vehicle in an effort to inform the other suspects involved that a particular individual they were targeting was present at the gathering outside the banquet hall.

Two of the three people killed in the mass shooting died on the scene, with the third dying at an area hospital. The victims were identified as 26-year-old Clayton Dillard, 26-year-old Desmond Owners, and 32-year-old Shaniqua Peterson.

News cameras captured the father of Dillard, Clayton Dillard, Sr., as he broke down outside of the scene where his son was killed. Dillard’s father pointed out where his sone laid dead following the shooting, saying the following:

“My son died right here, he laid right here like this, and no one helped him!”

Speaking in front of news cameras in a message to those responsible, Dillard’s father added:

“You killed my son, you took my heart, you broke my home, you stole from me, imagine this happen to any one of you all, man.”

Rodney Thomas, whose daughter Kadedra Thomas was injured in the shooting but is steadily recovering after being shot three times, commented on the arrest and charging of Barnes:

“I was very happy…there’s a sense of relief. I was happy that progress is being made in catching these guys.”

Angelica Green, who is the mother of one of the victims injured in the shooting, recalled the phone call she got from her son that night after he’d been shot:

“He called us frantic, telling us he had been shot, that it hurts, it hurts and that he loves us and wants us to know. My husband is like ‘no stay with us, stay with us.’ We hop in the car and we’re talking to him to keep him alert.”

Authorities say that there were three shooters involved in the mass shooting, which surveillance video showed the trio emerging from a Nissan Pathfinder heavily armed before unleashing on the crowd outside the banquet hall.

After the shooting, the three suspects jumped back into the Nissan and fled the scene. Authorities later discovered the vehicle submerged in a canal in the area of 154th Street and Northwest 2nd Avenue. Apparently, the vehicle was reported stolen 15 days before the mass shooting.

The investigation into the shooting is still ongoing.

Please follow Law Enforcement Today as we continue to gather further insight into this developing case.

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Teen accused of stabbing Florida girl 114 times, says to police ‘how is that my problem?’

(Originally published July 16th, 2021)

TAMPA, FL – A St. Johns County teen accused of stabbing a 13-year-old classmate 114 times killing her reportedly asked police investigators, “How is that my problem?”

Reports detailed the chilling words coming from Aiden Fucci as he was being interrogated for the brutal slaying of 13-year-old St. Johns County cheerleader Tristyn Bailey.

According to reports, St, John’s investigators brought Fucci in to be interrogated and was told of Bailey’s death. Investigators told Fucci that he was the last person to be seen with her. Fucci then replied, “How is that my problem.”

The police also found bloody clothing inside Fucci’s bedroom, along with an illustration that “depicted a Satanic element to them, to include a pentagram.”

During the interrogation, Fucci reportedly told investigators that he had tried to kiss Bailey and when she reacted by grabbing him, he pushed her down and she hit her head. He said that he then walked away.

The young girl was reported missing on Mother’s Day and was the subject of a statewide missing child alert.

According to deputies, a resident who went out to help search for the girl found her body later that evening in the woods.

 Police said surveillance video helped lead to Fucci being a suspect.

7th Judicial Circuit State Attorney R.J. Larizza announced in late May that Fucci would be charged with premeditated murder in the killing and would be charged as an adult:

“This is my job to make these decisions along with the executive team and while we’re sad and we certainly don’t take no pleasure in it, this is our duty and we looked at the facts. We looked at the law, and I got to tell you, and the circumstances of his offense, there was no other alternative.

“The juvenile system is geared for kids maybe with drug issues or that commit non-violent crime… the adult system is where this case belongs.”

The St. John County Sheriff’s Office announced that a medical examiner had determined that the cause of death for Bailey was “sharp force trauma by stabbing.” The manner of death was ruled a homicide.

Larizza characterized the events leading up to the murder:

“It started out as just a few kids getting together and hanging out, but it didn’t end that way.”

Following Larizza’s press conference announcing the charges, Bailey’s family released a joint statement:

“With the press conference sharing details of this heinous crime, the caring and love shown from the people and businesses to raise up the memory of Tristyn and the resolve of our community serve as a beacon of light in the darkness…

“As we move forward, we will seek to keep Tristyn’s memory alive and the spirit of the


In June, police announced the arrest of Fucci’s mother, 35-year-old Crystal Lane Smith, for trying to tamper with evidence in the investigation.

Police allege Smith tried to wash blood off Fucci’s jeans. Surveillance video inside the home showed Smith go into the suspect’s bedroom, retrieve the jeans, scrub them, and return them to the room.

Smith was arrested on a charge of tampering with evidence and booked into the St. Johns County jail. She was being held on a $25,000 bond.

In new documents released Wednesday, police provided details of the timeline leading up to Bailey’s murder.

On Friday, May 8, Bailey was seen with classmates at a Durbin Crossing Food Truck Friday event.

On Saturday, May 8 at 10:51 p.m., Bailey sent a text message to a 407-area code number, the last time she used her cell phone.

On Sunday, May 9, at approximately 12 a.m., Bailey’s sister saw her speaking to an unknown white male wearing a backward baseball cap on a video chat in the garage.

At 12:25 a.m., Bailey received an incoming call from Aiden Fucci’s phone according to AT&T records.

At 13:30 a.m., Doffis “Tre” Absher III says Tristyn arrived at his house.

At 1 a.m., Tre says Tristyn and Fucci left his house after hanging out late Saturday night.

At 1:24 a.m., surveillance video from the Durbin Crossing North Amenities Center shows two subjects walking past the main entrance along the sidewalk.

At 1:45 a.m., surveillance video obtained by detectives from a neighborhood resident, Dr. Larry Schoenberg, shows two subjects walking east on the sidewalk of Saddlestone Drive toward a pond. Police believe the subjects were Bailey and Fucci.

At 3:27 a.m., surveillance video from Schoenberg shows one subject walking west, away from the area of the pond.

At 9:40 a.m., Bailey’s family discovered she was not in bed.

At 10 a.m., Bailey was reported missing by her frantic mother.


Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today?  With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.  

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing!  (See image below.)  Thanks for being a part of the LET family!
Facebook Follow First
Related Posts