SUFFOLK COUNTY, NY- New York bail reform strikes again.  This time an accused killer who happens to be a six-time felon is back out on the streets.

A Bellport man involved in a fatal crash on William Floyd Parkway was arrested on charges of driving while intoxicated, according to Suffolk County police. 

Jordan Randolph, 40, was driving a 2014 Cadillac northbound when his vehicle rear-ended a 2015 Ford just south of Rose Executive Boulevard at about 4 a.m., police said.

He was released without bail…again.

The driver of the Ford, Jonathan Armand Flores-Maldonado, 27, of Westhampton Beach, was transported to Stony Brook University Hospital where he was pronounced dead. 

Police said an officer spotted Randolph driving south in a northbound lane before the crash. Randolph allegedly made an illegal U-turn to evade the officer. The officer was not in pursuit when Randolph crashed into Flores-Maldonado’s vehicle, police said.

Randolph was transported to Long Island Community Hospital in East Patchogue for treatment of minor injuries. Both vehicles were impounded for safety checks. Officials did not know late Sunday when Randolph would appear in court for arraignment. 

Randolph’s attorney Bryan Cameron of Sayville did not return a request for comment. 

According to court records, Randolph had been arrested on January 1st and charged with interfering with an ignition interlock device, which requires motorists to pass breath-alcohol testing before their car can start.

He is scheduled to appear in court in Central Islip on Friday.

Nassau County police arrested Randolph in March for interfering with an ignition interlock device, unlicensed operation of a vehicle, resisting arrest and other charges, according to court records.

He is scheduled to appear in court on those charges on January 22nd.

According to Long Island News 12, the prosecutor told the judge during the arraignment that he would’ve asked for a substantial amount of bail if the incident happened before January 1. The prosecutor then requested that an electronic monitoring ankle bracelet be put on Randolph.

The judge denied the request, saying the new law does not allow him to issue the monitoring device either.

Randolph’s prior convictions:

  • Third-degree attempted robbery in 1997, a felony
  • Endangering the welfare of a child in 1998, a misdemeanor
  • Second-degree assault in 1998, a felony
  • Second-degree assault in 1998, a felony
  • Third-degree criminal sale of a controlled substance in 2002, a felony
  • DWI in 2011, a misdemeanor
  • Seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance in 2013, a misdemeanor
  • DWI in 2016, an E felony
  • Third-degree possession of a forged instrument in 2016, a misdemeanor
  • Criminal contempt in 2017, a misdemeanor
  • Seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance in 2017, a misdemeanor
  • DWI in 2018, a D felony

So, what do you call it when something happens over and over, and the results always look the same? There is a word for it. What is that again?

Oh yeah, a pattern.

There is a pattern developing in New York.

LET has a private home for those who support emergency responders and veterans called LET Unity.  We reinvest the proceeds into sharing untold stories of those patriotic Americans. Click to check it out.

NY Bail Reform: Police say drunk driver who killed a man just released without bail.  He's a 6x felon.


Unfortunately, the repetitive recidivism associated with these literal ‘get out of jail free’ cards will not deter the Democrat leaders that are enacting these imbecilic reforms.

Just a few hours after being released without bail under New York’s new bail reform law, a 26-year old homeless man with a history of unprovoked attacks was arrested by police again.

Eugene Webb was arrested in front of a bank branch on West 4th Street in Greenwich Village for aggressive panhandling.

Officials said when police approached him around 7:00 p.m. on Friday, Webb tried to run. After a brief pursuit he surrendered at W 3rd Street and 6th Avenue.

Police searched him and found a glass pipe containing the synthetic drug K2.

Webb is charged with reckless endangerment, disorderly conduct, criminal possession of a controlled substance, and obstructing governmental administration.

He was awaiting arraignment in Manhattan Criminal Court.

Webb is accused in several random attacks in Manhattan, including one earlier in the week in which he repeatedly punched a 23-year-old woman after she exited the train station at West Houston and Varick Street in Greenwich Village.

He was freed with supervised release under New York’s new bail reform guidelines. And he wasn’t the first.

Folks, it keeps happening. So, we’re going to keep telling you about it.

A man in New York was arrested two days ago. He was released with an appearance ticket for court. Hours later, he was arrested again. For crimes against the same victim as in the first incident.

If only someone had been able to foresee the dangers and idiocy of these bail reform policies!

In Fairport, a 26-year-old man, Nicholas Jordan, allegedly pointed a loaded shotgun at a person and threatened to kill them. Police arrested him for second degree menacing around 12:30pm Tuesday.

Given the state’s new bail reform, Jordan was able to avoid jail and was released with the issuance of a court appearance ticket.

“Phew. That’ll keep the victims safe,” said no police officer in America.

After learning his lesson and being properly punished for his crimes (sarcasm), Jordan allegedly began threatening the same victim again. This time the threats were via text message, according to officers, and police were called to the victim’s home in nearby Macedon.

Due to the first incident involving a loaded firearm, as well as the victim’s home being near Gananda schools, the schools were placed on lock down as a safety precaution.

Macedon police requested assistance from Fairport police who, as we know, were quite familiar with Jordan. Jordan was again arrested in Fairport around 4pm.

I wonder if 3.5 hours is a new record for a criminal’s second arrest.

There is shockingly little information about this incident available at this time, specifically whether Jordan was held after the second arrest.

While it’s not confirmed, Fairport Police did speculate that Jordan would likely be released again following this arrest.

If there’s one thing we know about criminals, it’s that they will always show up to their court dates when appointed.

And if there’s one thing we know about murderers, it’s that they deserve to walk free while awaiting their trial.

You know, for committing murder.

New York strikes again, this time it has set free…you guessed it…a murderer.

The victim?  A 6-week-old baby.

Earlier on Tuesday morning, Anthony Ojeda, 38 years old, was released after making an appearance in court.  On the condition of “supervision,” Ojeda is a free man until his next court date.  Which he will show up to.  (Hopefully, you’re reading this as sarcastically as it’s being typed…)

He was ordered to surrender his passport and wear an electronic tracking device.

The newborn baby died December 3 of 2019 after ingesting methamphetamine that Ojeda left out.  Ojeda was charged with 2nd degree manslaughter and assault.

Detective Michael Greene interviewed Ojeda hours after the child died. The detective appeared in court and testified.  He said Ojeda admitted to 2 incidents of assault against the newborn where he “may have” injured the baby.

The first occurred November 2nd or 3rd, Ojeda told the detective, when Ojeda grabbed the child by the ribs the middle of the night.  He was angry and picked the baby up with one hand by the chest.  The second was about a week later on November 7th, when Ojeda, during a domestic dispute with his husband, roughly grabbed the baby in the parking lot of Albany Medical Center.

During the dispute, Detective Green testified:

“He went to take [the] child out of the car seat. He did so hastily, grabbing the child while he wasn’t fully out of the harness. The child twisted and he believes when he grabbed him is when the injury began.”

In addition to these, the district attorney also stated another incident occurred October 29th that was “not accidental.”

In December, based on injuries as well as a video showing the interview with Ojeda, the judge ordered him to stay in jail until a grand jury heard his case and decided whether to indict.

The defense, however, argued that Ojeda should be released from jail.  The reasoning?  Ojeda’s native language is Spanish, and he “may not have understood police questioning.”

A language barrier?  Really?

Did that also prevent him from understanding that breaking a baby’s bones and treating him so roughly that a CT scan is required is probably not a good thing?

NY Spectrum reporter Spencer Conlin tweeted:

“Anthony Ojeda will be released from Albany County Jail under the supervision of probation. Judge Carter still concerned he could flee given his husband is from Mexico. He must also partake in substance abuse treatment.”

A paternity test has been ordered for the murdered infant to see if Ojeda is the biological father.  It’s been reported that he and the child’s biological mother claimed that he was, and that Ojeda took custody of the baby when the mother couldn’t care for him. 

The baby was born prematurely to a drug-addicted mother.  And father, it would seem.

Ojeda was raising the baby with his male partner.  After the baby ingested the meth, Ojeda waited “several hours before calling for help.”  The baby initially responded to treatment once taken to the local hospital, but later died. 

Detective Greene said:

“He believes that the child got into a substance that was left in the house and he ultimately didn’t seek treatment for that because he was concerned for his well-being legally and that led to, ultimately, the baby’s death.”

Am I the only one who is wondering how a 6-week-old baby “got into” a substance?  Babies can barely hold their own heads up at that time, much less pick something up and put it in their mouths all on their own.

But I’m sure the judge considered that while waving goodbye to Ojeda as he walked out the court room, free as a bird.

Apparently, toxicology reports have not yet been returned so it is not known at this time whether the meth ingestion is the actual cause of death. That makes it all better.

Bail reform is already making its mark on New York and it’s only been in effect for a short time.

Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today?  With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.  
Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing!  (See image below.)  Thanks for being a part of the LET family!
Facebook Follow First