MS-13 gang member and convicted rapist who was previously deported arrested at the border

Share:

EDINBURG, TX – McAllen Border Station (MCS) agents have arrested a previously deported illegal immigrant who was convicted of rape and a separate MS-13 gang member. 

In a new release, Customs and Border Protection (CBP) reported that on Wednesday, June 16th, a group of 53 illegal immigrants, mainly composed of families, entered the United States illegally near Hidalgo, Texas. 

During processing, MCS agents discovered a male Salvadoran national traveling among the group of illegal immigrants was an MS-13 gang member. MS-13 is shorthand for Mara Salvatrucha, one of the world’s deadliest gangs.

The Salvadoran was discovered among a group of 17 illegal immigrants. He had previous convictions for third-degree rape, for which he served six years probation and was previously removed from the U.S.

Fox News reported that in addition to this recent arrest, Border Patrol agents have recently apprehended a number of convicted sex offenders and MS-13 gang members as these criminals continue to try and enter the U.S.

Agents in Kingsville, Texas recently arrested an MS-13 gang member attempting to hide in a vehicle. A routine check discovered that the had been arrested in South Carolina in 2007 for conspiracy to commit murder and aid racketeering, for which he was found guilty and sentenced to 10 years in prison.

On Friday, June 18th, agents in McAllen stopped a Tango Blast gang member who CBP officials said has an “extensive criminal history” in the U.S. A day later, agents processed a Mexican national who had been arrested in Houstin in 2008 for sexual assault of a child between the ages of 14 and 17. He was also convicted.

Border Patrol agents have been regularly encountering gang members and sex offenders, including child sex offenders, among those illegally crossing the border. In some cases, those criminals are discovered in groups where unaccompanied children are also traveling.

Reportedly, more than 180,000 illegal immigrant encounters took place in May alone and it is unclear how many have managed to “get away” and go undetected by overwhelmed Border Patrol agents.

Agents have previously told Fox News that smugglers will dump unaccompanied children in one area so that adults can sneak past busy agents in another, including through incomplete parts of the border wall. 

As of recent, agents in the Rio Grande Valley arrested two sex offenders with convictions of crimes against children. One, apprehended in Roma, Texas, on Monday, June 14th, was a Peruvian national arrested for multiple accounts of sexual abuse of a child.

He was convicted in 2015 of felony rape of a child under 16-years-old and was sentenced to six to 14 years in prison. He was deported in 2020. On Tuesday, June 15th, agents in Brownsville, Texas arrested a 44-year-old Mexican who had been arrested in 2014 for aggravated assault of a child.

He pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of indecency with a child and was sentence to five years before being deported in 2018. On June 15th, that same day, Border agents in Yuma, Arizona arrested a Mexican sex offender as he entered the U.S.

Routine checks revealed that he had a conviction for indecency with a child in El Paso, for which he was sentenced to two years in prison. In May, Border Patrol agents in the Del Rio Sector in Texas arrested 10 convicted sex offenders in a single week as they tried to illegally cross the border.

That sector had later announced that it has seen a 3,166% increase in arrests of convicted sex offenders compared to the same time frame fiscal year 2020. The agency said that since October 1, 2020, which is the beginning of Fiscal Year 2021, agents in that sector have arrested 95 convicted sex offenders.

Del Rio Sector Chief Patrol Agent Austin Skero said in a statement:

“The majority of these criminals were apprehended in our sector’s most remote areas, attempting to avoid detection by crossing far from populated areas. Our agents’ sign cutting and tracking skills were instrumental in capturing these criminals, preventing them from infiltrating our communities.”

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Sanctuary NYC: Illegal immigrant MS-13 gang members charged with hacking young mother to death

April 25th, 2021

QUEENS, NY– Earlier this month, Law Enforcement Today reported on four MS-13 gang members that had been arrested after officers observed them placing a woman’s wrapped corpse in the trunk of their vehicle. 

Now, the woman has been identified, and three of the illegal alien MS-13 members have been charged with murder. 

According to reports, MS-13 Gang members 20-year-old Rigel Yohairo, 22-year-old Allan Lopez, and 21-year-old Jose Sarmiento were arrested and charged with murder, criminal possession of a weapon, concealment of a human corpse, and tampering with evidence this month in the death of 31-year-old Nazareth Tamer-Claure. Tamer-Claure is the mother of an eight-year-old boy.

The fourth suspect arrested in the case, Rodolfo Lopez, who is also an illegal alien MS-13 gang member, has been arrested and charged with concealment of a human corpse and tampering with evidence.

According to Queens County prosecutors, Yohairo, Lopez, and Sarmiento allegedly beat Tamer-Claure with baseball bats before hacking her to death with machetes in the neighborhood of Far Rockaway.

The four men were under surveillance when officers observed them placing a long oddly shaped object into their trunk and driving away.

According to reports, officers followed the vehicle the men got into, only to later discover that the long suspicious object that they were carrying was a woman’s body that was wrapped in a blanket. 

Breitbart reported that days before the alleged murder, Tamer-Claure obtained a protection order against her boyfriend, 28-year-old Anander Henriquez, also an illegal alien MS-13 Gang member. Tamer-Claure had reported Henriquez for choking her on April 9th.

This was not the first incident of abuse that Tamer-Claure reported against Henriquez however.

According to reports, several months prior, in January, Tamer-Claure was allegedly punched in the face multiple times by Henriquez before he hit her with a metal pipe. Henriquez pleaded guilty for the attack.

All five MS-13 gang members are currently in police custody. The Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency confirmed to Breitbart News that all five suspects have detainers placed on them, a request that New York officials turn them over to ICE agents should they be released at any time.

Although these men should face the harshest penalties and then be deported back to their countries of origin, New York is a sanctuary state, meaning that local law enforcement agencies are prohibited from cooperating with Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agents.

Due to this, often times illegal aliens who have changes pending against them are often released back into the community rather than being deported. 

Last month, an illegal alien MS-13 gang member in Long Island was arrested for his involvement in the murder of a 19-year-old, Breitbart News reported. The illegal alien had previously been convicted of second-degree murder.

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Here is the original story on the arrest of the four MS-13 gang members that Law Enforcement Today brought you last week.

QUEENS, NY– On Wednesday, April 14th, four men who were under investigation for being suspected members of the infamous MS-13 gang were taken into custody after New York Police Department (NYPD) officers observed them carrying a suspicious object. 

According to reports, officers followed the vehicle the men got into, only to later discover that the long suspicious object that they were carrying was a woman’s body that was wrapped in a blanket. 

FOX NEWS reported that NYPD officers were working with Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) agents early Wednesday, April 14th when the officers saw four men exit a building in Far Rockaway, Queens, around 1:50 a.m., police and law enforcement sources said. The men appeared to be carrying a “large, unknown object” and placed it in the trunk of a Nissan Altima, the sources added.

Officers found the suspected gang members activity to be suspicious, and followed their vehicle for just under a mile before conducting a traffic stop on the Nassau Expressway near Bayview Avenue on Long Island.

As officers approached the vehicle, they allegedly smelled a foul odor. Upon further investigation, officers discovered a “human body with severe trauma” wrapped in a blanket in the trunk, sources said.

Medics were called to the scene where they pronounced the victim dead. As of this writing, police have not yet released the identity of the female victim.

https://twitter.com/USSANews/status/1382798911325097985

A law enforcement source familiar with the investigation told Fox News all four men were suspected MS-13 gang members and were being looked at as part of the ongoing HSI investigation. The source did not know whether the men were in the country legally.

According to a spokesperson, the Homeland Security Investigations New York office was working with the NYPD and other law enforcement partners at the time and reportedly:

“made several arrests this morning pursuant to a long-term investigation into certain acts of violence in the Queens, New York area.” 

As of Wednesday afternoon, no charges were filed against the men, police said.

Prosecutor claims LA County DA Gascón ‘limiting charges’ against MS-13 gang member in brutal attack

April 2, 2021

LOS ANGELES, CA – A member of MS-13 was charged this week with assaulting a transgender woman Thursday in MacArthur Park, but the prosecutor says he was blocked from charging a gang enhancement under orders from the District Attorney.

Gabriel Orellana, 19, was charged with one count of battery likely to produce great bodily injury following his arrest for the assault.

The suspect, along with another man who has not yet been arrested or charged, allegedly approached the woman, and shouted derogatory remarks before knocking her to the ground and striking her repeatedly in the head and torso, according to Deputy District Attorney Richard Ceballos.

The woman was taken to a local hospital where she received stitches for open wounds.

Ceballos said that the crime should have been charged as a gang-related crime, but Los Angeles County District Attorney George Gascón has ordered his prosecutors not to seek sentence enhancements.

Ceballos said:

“It was clearly a gang case. The gang allegation should have been filed. But I wasn’t allowed to do so.”

After being elected in December, Gascón prohibited the use of sentencing enhancements in most cases, which has drawn criticism from his own prosecutors and from victims’ rights advocates.

He has since reinstated enhancements “in cases involving the most vulnerable victims and in specified extraordinary circumstances.”

Orellana pleaded not guilty in court Monday. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for April 6, according to District Attorney’s Office spokesman Ricardo Santiago.

LAPD officials have expressed concern about violence against transgender women at the park. The attack was the latest of at least four attacks against transgender women at MacArthur Park since August. MS-13 considers the park part of their territory.

Two days before the attack, the police held a “midnight stroll” with community leaders through the park, offering food and resources to transgender residents. LAPD Chief Michael Moore told the city’s civilian Police Commission last week:

“Midnight stroll has been a strategy that the department has worked with the transgender community for some years, typically much later in the evening and typically in the Hollywood area of our city.

“But given the outlandish attacks on two transgender women that occurred in the MacArthur Park area just months ago, and the underlying incidence of gang violence and intimidation in that community, we thought that it was appropriate to have that outreach and that engagement in that park.”

LAPD Assistant Chief Beatrice Girmala, the department’s liaison with the LGBTA community, said she has been in several meetings with advocacy groups and service providers to gain ideas on how the department can address the violence.

Girmala said:

“They’re asking for the ability to be out in public, to not feel that every time they’re out there, no matter what time of day it is, that they are being judged or feeling vulnerable.

“(MS-13), they’re in and out of that park and probably saw what they would think is a target of some kind,” she said of the attacks. “That’s something we’re feeling and hearing from the community.”

https://twitter.com/csutton1959/status/1376899450078117903

Ceballos has been a vocal opponent of Gascón’s reforms. The 30-year prosecutor, who had a brief run for District Attorney before pulling out and endorsing Gascón, said he thought Gascón would take a more conservative approach. C

eballos said that did not happen:

“[Gascón acted] almost like, ‘I’m the savior, the messiah of LA’s criminal justice system and I’m going to do this without really consulting anyone.  That was probably one of the dumbest things he could have done.”

District Attorney Gascón has been under fire for a series of police reforms he unilaterally instituted after taking office.

In February, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge James Chalfant issued a preliminary injunction requested by the union that represents prosecutors to stop the DA from blocking sentencing enhancements in cases involving the Three Strike Law.

The judge said:

“The Special Directives violate the Three Strikes law by prohibiting prosecutors from pleading and proving prior convictions in new cases. Prosecutors have a ministerial duty to allege all prior convictions under the Three Strikes law.

“The Special Directives violate Respondents’ duty to prosecute violations of general laws under Government Code section 26500, which is mandatory, not discretionary.”

In a rare instance of support for a prosecutor, the American Civil Liberties Union defended Gascón’s reforms during court arguments, saying the enhancements are often used to force defendants into pleas bargains:

“Although most prosecutors review their cases and exercise their discretion to charge only the appropriate charges and enhancements, some overcharge their cases, piling on counts and enhancements.

“For example, prosecutors routinely file gang enhancements for the most mundane crimes committed by gang members even though the crime was not committed for the gang’s benefit. This practice of overcharging and routinely filing felonies is particularly prevalent in juvenile cases. Prosecutors routinely choose to charge the most egregious of charges that impact the most vulnerable of clients.”

The widow of LA County Sheriff’s Sgt. Steve Owen, who was murdered in 2016, now chairs a campaign to recall Gascón. Tania Owen, a retired officer, said:

“My husband for 29 years fought for victims’ rights to the point where he actually laid down his life for victims. I can tell you that no victim I ever encountered has ever said: ‘We don’t want these individuals held accountable and responsible to the full extent of the law.’”

California Penal Code 186.22 titled the “California Gang Sentencing Enhancement” makes it a crime to “participate in a street gang and to assist in any felony criminal conduct by the gang’s members.”

The enhancement states:

“Anyone who commits a felony for the benefit of a gang will receive a mandatory prison sentence . . . in addition and consecutive to the penalty s/he receives for the underlying felony.

“Depending on the circumstances of the offense, Penal Code 186.22(b) PC could mean an additional two (2) to fifteen (15) years, or even twenty-five (25)-years-to-life, in prison…even if you’re not a gang member, and even if you aren’t the individual who was most directly responsible for committing the underlying felony.”

—————

Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today?  With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.  

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing!  (See image below.)  Thanks for being a part of the LET family!
 
Facebook Follow First

 

 

Share:
Related Posts