It took nearly a decade of delays before justice was handed down to an Oregon man described as a “monster” and called the “worst of the worst”.

Now 44-year-old Andrew Kowalczyk has been sentenced to 270 years in prison for the rape, sexual abuse, and torture of three young sisters he often offered to babysit.

He was also sentenced to a life term of supervised release.  The sentence was finally handed down after years of litigation and attempts to obstruct justice.  That included him soliciting the murder of an assistant U.S. attorney.


Kowalczyk, the 480 pound criminal, was sitting in a wheelchair by the defense table during sentencing.  He wasn’t happy.

He stuck his middle finger up at the judge and yelled, “You’re a corrupt piece of sh*t”. Then he was led out of the courtroom by four deputy U.S. marshals.

“It turns out that Andrew was actually a monster,” one of the victims, now 23-years-old, said at the sentencing hearing. “I know now that he was doing something to my sisters and I so that he could rape and molest us.”

There was emotional testimony by the mother of the victims.  She said Kowalczyk bought her girls, then 8 and 2-year-old twins, toys, clothing, diapers, shoes and even a birthday cake with their names on it.

According to court documents, he also paid for their Portland, Oregon hotel rooms and would regularly babysit the children while the mother searched for a job.

“In terms of the sexual exploitation and abuse of children, this defendant is the worst this courthouse has ever seen,” said Assistant U.S. Attorney Scott Kerin. “(Kowalczyk) showed no remorse. He will always be a predatory sex offender as long as he lives.”

On December 27, 2007, he was busted on unrelated charges in Puyallup, Washington when he was pulled over and refused to step out of his vehicle.

Turns out he didn’t own the car he was driving, didn’t have a driver’s license and gave the police a fake name. It led to a high-speed car chase, which police stopped for public safety reasons.

But a day later, he was arrested at the Northwest Motor Inn in Puyallup trying to leave in a cab.

When authorities seized the bags he was carrying, they made a disturbing discovery.

They found his cameras and a hard drive – on them were 650 child pornography images and videos, including some that showed him sexually abusing two very young children.

There was metadata embedded in some of the digital images which showed they were taken using the camera found in Kowalczyk’s luggage.

In an attempt to find victims, Puyallup police published some of the non-pornographic images.

He was charged with a single count of sexual exploitation of a child by a federal grand jury in February 2008.

A month later, police carried out a search warrant of a storage locker Kowalczky rented and found a sofa, mirror and several shirts that were seen in the pictures found on his devices.

On March 21, 2012, a superseding indictment with eight additional counts of sexual exploitation of children was handed down.

He hasn’t stopped trying to delay his trial since he was first indicted.

He’s replaced his counsel more than a dozen times.

On top of that, he’s filed motions to suppress evidence and even attempted to obstruct justice while he was behind bars.  Police say he did so by asking his father to retrieve other incriminating evidence found on hard drives before they could be seized by authorities.

On top of that, they say he also solicited the murder of an assistant U.S. attorney.

“Andrew Kowalczyk’s abuse and torture of his victims was unthinkable and will forever impact their lives,” said Billy Williams, U.S. Attorney for the District of Oregon. “Kowalczyk tried every conceivable tactic to delay prosecution and rob his young victims of the justice they deserve. Today, his attempts to delay punishment for his horrific crimes have ended.”

Did you know that Law Enforcement Today has a private new home for those who support emergency responders and veterans?  It’s called LET Unity, and it’s where we share the untold stories of those patriotic Americans.  Every penny gets reinvested into giving these heroes a voice.  Check it out today.


In another disturbing story… officials say that a 19-year-old Missouri man used tactics on social media to lure six underage girls to his house, where he raped them, according to a report from The Post.

Now, the St. Louis County Police are after him. 

KMOV reported that Dominic Salvatore Yocco is wanted on multiple counts of rape and assault after six girls told police that he used social media to encourage them to come to his home, where he sexually assaulted them.

Dominic Yocco is on the run. And police want to catch him before he can strike again. (St. Louis County Police Department)


The victims said that the acts occurred between November 2016 and July 2018. Yocco reportedly used Snapchat and other social media platforms to entice the girls to come to his residence. 

Police want him in custody before it happens again.

“He’s posting stuff on his story that enables him to reach these young girls,” St. Louis County Police Officer Tracy Panus said about the 19-year-old suspect. “He goes and picks them up, brings them to his house where he rapes them, sexually molests them and then he brings them home.”


The Post reported that three of the girls, 13, 14 and 15-year olds, said that Yocco had raped them while they were unconscious. 

Another one of the victims, a 16-year-old, told investigators that Yocco had raped her on two instances, once while holding her down and striking her in the face while a gun lay nearby. 

The six victims were reportedly between the ages of 13 and 16, sources said.

Police have been on the lookout for any sign of Yocco after he was charged with the horrific crimes back in July. 

The St. Louis Regional CrimeStoppers have added Yocco to their ‘most wanted’ list of fugitives. 

“Our efforts to apprehend him will continue until they are successful,” Sgt. Benjamin Granda said in an email. 


One of Yocco’s neighbors said that he was a noisy neighbor who repeatedly held loud late night parties.

“They party a lot over there and have a lot of people over,” one of Yocco’s neighbors said in an interview with KMOV. “Their cars wind around the corner, they’re loud at night.”

Officer Panus said that they want to make sure any other girl who may have been a victim of assault comes forward to ensure that Yocco faces true justice.

“They’re afraid to come forward. They don’t want to get in trouble,” Panus said. “It’s embarrassing, and it’s terrifying. So we want to encourage people to come forward now if they have been a victim of his so they can tell their story and we can put additional charges on him.”

Panus said they won’t rest until they find him.

“Every day that we don’t catch him, there could be another victim so we definitely need to get him into custody immediately.”


Anyone with any information is encouraged to contact the St. Louis Police Department at 314-615-5400


Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today?  With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.  

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing!  (See image below.)  Thanks for being a part of the LET family!

Facebook Follow First