WASHINGTON, DC – New questions arose about the mental health of President Joe Biden on Tuesday after he mistakenly referred to Vice President Kamala Harris as the First Lady and suggested that he had tested positive for COVID-19, when it was in fact, the Second Gentleman that tested positive.
It's past the stage where they're referred to as "Gaffe's". The man is truly mentally Constipated.
— Vaughn Ehrman (@chiefehrman) March 17, 2022
The latest in a long history of gaffes by the President came during a speech at a Women’s History Month celebration at the White House. At the beginning of his speech, President Biden told the crowd:
“[T]here’s been a little change in the arrangement of who’s on the stage because of the first lady’s husband contracting COVID.”
The comment suggested that the President, who is the husband of the First Lady, has contracted the virus, something that could have had devastating consequences in the U.S. and world political stage.
Fortunately, the 79-year-old President actually was confused when making the comment. He meant to refer to Vice President Harris’ husband, Doug Emhoff. The Second Gentleman, Emhoff announced earlier in the day that he had tested positive for the virus.
This buffoon would be marginally hilarious IF he was still doing his 50 years in the Senate in DE. He isn't. He is totally destroying the Free World as fast as possible though. #FJB ☠️
Biden's Remarks at 'Equal Pay' Event Were a Gaffe-Filled Dumpster Fire https://t.co/BrVaSUyv1d
— Joe- @JoeBlueSky Gab (@joe172726kag) March 17, 2022
The Vice President was schedule to be on the stage to introduce the President, but he was joined by First Lady Jill Biden instead after the Vice President decided not to attend after learning of her husband’s diagnosis.
After the President’s gaffe, Jill Biden interrupted the President with an inaudible whisper. President Biden stopped what he was saying and asked, “Pardon.”
The First Lady responded:
“You said the First — anyways.”
Why is no one doing anything about this!? #Biden is not fit to be president! He needs a psychiatric evaluation! And it is sad that no one is taking his mental health seriously! pic.twitter.com/b8j5SUaOml
— InquisitiveMuse (@InqstvMuse) March 17, 2022
The First Lady’s correction of the President draw laughter from the crowd seated before them. The President, clearly flustered, responded as the crowd continued to laugh:
“That’s right. She’s fine. It’s me that’s not together.
“The Second La- — the First Gentleman. How about that.”
The almost nonsensical correction just brought more laughter from the crowd.
The White House confirmed that Second Gentleman Emhoff tested positive just before 6 p.m. and Vice President Harris had tested negative.
The positive test was one of several prominent House Democrats who have tested positive following a party in Philadelphia over the weekend. Former president Barack Obama announced on Sunday that he had tested positive for the virus while his wife Michelle Obama was negative.
Joe Biden calls Kamala Harris 'First Lady' in latest gaffe He can’t even get the first lady right! And we expect him to run our country… He’s a laugh https://t.co/eroEjBXlIE
— Jennifer Davanzo (@jenny8agnes) March 17, 2022
Questions regarding the mental health of the President have been circulating since he announced his run for the 2020 Presidential election. In January, the oldest U.S. President to ever hold office had to field a direct question about his mental health.
Newsmax White House Reporter James Rosen asked the President about a poll conducted by Politico which found 48 percent of respondents disagreed with the statement, “Joe Biden is mentally fit.”
Responding to the question, the President stated that he would let the press corps “make the judgement of whether they’re correct.”
When the reporter pressed for more explanation as to why such a large segment of the population questioned hi mental fitness, the President responded:
“I have no idea.”
Following the President’s flub at the ceremony meant to show support equal pay for women, Texas Republican Senator Ted Cruz tweeted:
“The First Lady’s husband has no idea what he’s saying….”
The First Lady’s husband has no idea what he’s saying…. https://t.co/4az9KHihCn
— Ted Cruz (@tedcruz) March 15, 2022
There is a long list of gaffes by the President over his decades in public life.
In 2006, as he explored a second presidential run, Biden seemingly unintentionally insulted Indian Americans:
“In Delaware, the largest growth in population is Indian Americans, moving from India.
“You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. And I’m not joking.”
Another major flub came during his 2008 presidential primary run against then Sen. Barack Obama:
“I mean, you’ve got the first sort of mainstream African American who is articulate and bright and clean. That’s a storybook, man.”
— Dave Koffer (@KofferDave) March 17, 2022
Some people find the President’s almost grandfatherly gaffes almost enduring, but other find it dangerous.
During a speech to mark his first anniversary in office, President Biden made a comment that destroyed weeks of strategic diplomatic moves and countermoves attempting to head of the now devastating war between Ukraine and Russia.
The president’s suggestion that a “minor incursion” by Russia might split NATO over how to respond sent diplomats across the world scratching the heads, and world leaders unsure what a “minor incursion” into a sovereign country might look like.
Ukraine officials also noticed the misstep, with the country’s foreign minister, Dmytro Kuleba, saying, “There is no minor, middle, or major invasion. An invasion is an invasion.”
Spiked writer Frank Furedi said Biden bears some responsibility for Russian President Vladamir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine:
“Biden gave the game away when he stated that the West might tolerate Russia making a ‘minor incursion’ into Ukraine.
“Though this statement was swiftly ‘corrected’ by White House press secretary Jen Psaki, Biden’s so-called gaffe was no doubt noted by Moscow.”
Droney: Your next president? Here’s a hysterical list of some of the funniest Biden gaffes
October 6, 2020
Editor note: In this article, we are not seeking to establish the context of which he made the statements – we are simply gathering some of his more cringeworthy moments for your enjoyment. Because God knows in 2020… we could all use a laugh. You’ll particularly enjoy the videos.
WILMINGTON, DE – For your edification, we present to you, “Joe Biden’s Greatest Hits.” No, this is not a collection of his favorite hit songs; rather, it is a collection of his greatest gaffes. And there is a lengthy laundry list; however, this is not even close to a complete collection:
- “I wanna be clear…I’m not going nuts.”
- “The president has a big stick” (in reference to President Obama, unknown when Joe saw his stick or under what circumstances)
- “We choose truth over facts!”
- “One man stands to deliver the change we desperately need…a man I’m proud to call my friend. A man who will be the next president of the United States. Barack America!”
- “Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States…Barack Obama (after passing of Obamacare) …this is a big fucking deal!”
- “Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. Let’s get that straight. And quite frankly, it might have been a better pick than me. But she’s first rate.”
— Occupy Democrats (@OccupyDemocrats) September 27, 2020
“….you’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier…”
- “I know I’m called middle class Joe…it’s not meant as a compliment because I’m not really sophisticated enough.”
- “You’re a damn liar man…that’s not true. I’m getting things done…that’s why I’m running…and you want to check my shape…let’s do pushups together…let’s run. Let’s do whatever you want to do.”
- “That saves billions of gallons of gasoline…I mean billions, I think it’s 2.3 billion dollars’ worth of, 500 billion dollars of savings and 2 something billion metric tons of CO2 going into the air.”
- “Well folks, eliminate one tax loophole out of a trillion six hundred billion worth…uh, uh, uh a trillion four hundred billion worth…out of a billion four-hundred million…excuse me a trillion four hundred billion dollars…it’s hard to even say it it’s so much. And by the way it costs a lot of money, it costs about 740 million billion dollars over ten years.”
- “Now is the time to heed the timeless advice of Teddy Roosevelt…speak softly and carry a big stick…end of quote…I promise you the president has a big stick…I promise you.”
- “My memory is not as good as Justice Roberts…Chief Justice Roberts”
- “I was a Democratic caucus…you ever been to a caucus? No, you haven’t…you’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier…you said you were but you, you…you’ve got to be honest now I’m gonna be honest with you.”
“…and I’m the best qualified people…”
— Vee Jay Wilson (@VeeBird33) October 5, 2020
- “We have this notion that somehow if you’re poor you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids…wealthy kids, white kids…”
- “In Delaware, the largest growth in population is Indian-Americans, moving from India. You cannot go to a 7/11 or a Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent…I’m not joking.”
- “Chuck Graham…state senator’s here…stand up Chuck, let ‘em see you!” [Chuck’s confined to a wheelchair] “Oh, God love you. And what am I talkin’ about? I tell you what, you’re making everybody else stand up though pal. Thank you very very much.”
- “And his mom lived in Long Island for ten years or so…God rest her soul, and uh…um, although wait, your mom’s still alive, it’s your dad passed…God Bless her soul!”
- I agree that everyone once they in fa…. shu…oh my time’s up.”
- “We hold these truths to be self-evident…that all men and women are created…by the…go…you know, you know the thing…”
- I’m among many qualified people…and I’m the best qualified people, person for the job.”
- “I can see why your wife left you.”
- “COVID has taken this year, just since the outbreak, more than 100 year…look, here’s the lives…it’s just, just…when you think about it…”
This isn't necessarily bad news. Pumping @JoeBiden full of drugs just makes him quicker to temper tantrums and faster to gaffes. "Play the record player", etc. It does make him more awake but you can't fix stupid and he's been a stupid politician his whole life. Can't wait…
— Stephen Austin (@BamaMessi0) September 28, 2020
“I get hot…I got hairy legs… that turn…that, that, that, that, that…”
— MAX-Q (@TedCornwell) September 27, 2020
- “You know the rapidly rising, um, uh, in with uh, with uh, I don’t know…”
- “I just spoke at Dartmouth on healthcare at the medical school, er or not it wasn’t actually on the campus, but the people at the medical school were at the…uh I want to be clear. I’m not going nuts, I’m not sure if it was the medical school or where the hell I spoke but it was on the campus.”
- “I propose I’m gonna digress slightly I here we…we’re in a situation, the president asked me to head up a cancer moonshot.”
- [Forgets who his president was] “Another country and annexed a significant portion of it called Crimea. He’s saying it was president…my boss…it’s his fault.”
- “I took on Putin in terms of Iraq, I mean excuse me in terms of what was going on in Ukraine….”
- “I get hot…I got hairy legs…that turn….that, that, that, that, that, that turn…uh, uh, um blonde in the sun…and the kids used to come up and reach in the pool and rub my leg down…so it was strange…and then watch the hair come back up again…”
- “If you want to protect yourself, get a double-barreled shotgun, have the shells a .12-gauge shotgun…”
- “So, I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap. And I love kids jumping on my lap.”
- “To say that LGBTQT people have no civil rights…”
- “No man has the right to raise a hand to a woman in anger…we have to just change the culture…period. And keep punching at it, and punching at it, and punching at it…it will be…no, I really mean it.”
- Speaking of President Trump: “He doesn’t want to shed light, he wants to generate heat. And he’s stroking violence in our cities.”
Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today? With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.