‘Mass stabbing’ in California leaves at least two dead, others injured. Media would have got nuts if it was a mass shooting.


SAN JOSE, CA – Police say that at least two people were killed and numerous others were injured during a stabbing incident at a San Jose church during the evening of November 22nd. 

While details on the investigation are limited, here’s what officials have revealed so far. 

San Jose Police confirmed by roughly 8:47 p.m. on November 22nd that officers had responded to the San Jose’s Grace Baptist Church located at 484 E San Fernando St, at first calling it a possible stabbing scene. 

A follow up announcement shortly thereafter confirmed that there were multiple victims involved. 

Less than one hour after SJPD noted that there were multiple victims involved in the incident, the department had revealed that at least two people were killed in the incident. 

Reports from the SJPD indicate that there were no church services being held at the time of the stabbing, but the San Jose’s Grace Baptist Church often plays host to the local homeless population who attempt to seek warm shelter during the cold nights: 

“No church services were being conducted at the time of the stabbing. Unhoused individuals were brought into the church to get them out of the cold.”

With that in mind, while not having been confirmed by officials, there’s speculation as to whether the victims were homeless. 

In a press release issued the morning after the incident, SJPD confirmed that three other victims were injured during the incident, but are currently in stable condition after being transported to a local hospital. 

As for the two deceased victims from the case, police described them as being an adult male and an adult female. The identities of the deceased will later be released by the Santa Clara County Coroner’s Office “after confirming their identity and notifying next of kin.”

The SJPD stated that one suspect is currently in custody, but have not released any details outside of that: 

“There is currently one adult male suspect in custody. The motive and circumstances surrounding the incident are under investigation.”

Authorities are still investigating the incident and are asking that anyone with information about the incident to please contact Detective Sergeant Lewis or Detective Meeker of the SJPD’s Homicide unit at 408-277-5283.

This is a developing story. 

Please follow Law Enforcement Today to receive updates as this investigation progresses. 

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Back in October in Chicago, police were also dealing with a stabbing incident.

But apparently what led to a victim being stabbed multiple times at a clothing store had to do with two patrons being asked to wear a face covering. 

Here’s that previous report from October. 


CHICAGO, IL – Two women stand accused of brutally stabbing a security guard at a Snipes Clothing Store in Chicago after he asked them to wear masks and use hand sanitizer inside the store.

The incident occurred on October 25th when the security guard confronted the 18-year-old, Jayla Hill, and her older sister, 21-year-old Jessica Hill, for refusing to wear masks and use hand sanitizer in the store.  When the pair refused to follow the store policy, the guard told them to leave.

Enraged that the guard was telling them what to do, Jayla allegedly took out her cell phone and told the 6 foot-5, 300-pound guard that she was calling someone to “kick his ass.”  The guard then reached out to take the cellphone to prevent her from making the situation worse.

That’s when both Jessica and Jayla allegedly began attacking the guard.  Surveillance video reportedly captured Jessica removing what authorities described as a “comb knife.” She began repeatedly stabbing the guard about his neck, back, and arms. 

Jayla allegedly grabbed the guard’s hair to hold him while Jessica continued the savage attack.

The guard and an assistant manager of the store kept calling for the sisters to stop the attack.  When the guard broke free, the women began kicking him in the head and body, according to reports.  After the attack, the sisters allegedly began taunting the guard and calling him a “bitch.”

Despite his injuries, the guard kept the sisters inside the store until the police arrived on scene.  The officers arrested the sisters on attempted murder charges.  The guard was transported to the hospital for medical treatment.  He suffered 27 stab wounds but did not require any surgery. Authorities have not released his name.

An attorney for the sisters claims the knife attack was an act of self-defense by the sisters.  

Cook County Judge Mary Marubio, who oversaw the initial court proceedings, was quite concerned about the attack. Marubio mentioned the number of stab wounds inflicted on the guard saying it was concerning.  She likened the number of wounds to something normally seen in a domestic violence case.  She said: 

“It’s the complete randomness of this.  It’s terrifying. This is just too random and quickly escalating.  I can’t fashion conditions that would protect the community.”

Marubio said she could not create bond conditions that could safeguard the community from the sisters. The judge ordered both held without bond. 

A manager at a store nearby, Rosalyn Frazier, spoke to the Chicago Sun-Times about the incident after hearing about it from co-workers.  She said:

“I’m kind of wary because we often have to tell customers to wear their masks, and they get irate and don’t want to do it.  We had a customer the other day that didn’t want to wear a mask and we needed to call the police.  It’s crazy.”

Frazer spoke of frustration over this event and the need to tell people to wear their masks inside the store.  She said:

“We just got to work together.  And if we don’t, we are going to be locked down again and be out of work for another four months.”

Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today? With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing! (See image below.) Thanks for being a part of the LET family!

Facebook Follow First

Related Posts