NIAGARA COUNTY, NY – In what many sexual abuse victims would consider a slap in the face, a judge in New York has decided that a man who pled guilty of sexually abusing four teenage girls will not serve one day in prison.
Convicted rapist Christopher Belter sexually assaulted 4 teenage girls in 2018 and a judge just sentenced him to probation. He won't receive any jail time for his actions. Judge Matthew Murphy is a disgrace to the state of New York. pic.twitter.com/9yITgv62kZ
— Fifty Shades of Whey (@davenewworld_2) November 18, 2021
In 2019, the defendant in the case, Christopher Belter, told the world what four teenage girls already knew, that he was guilty of sexually abusing them at his house in 2018. He plead guilty in court to two counts of second-degree sex abuse, third-degree attempted abuse, and third-degree rape.
Niagara County Court Judge Matthew J. Murphy, III, sentenced a man who freely admits that he sexually abused four teenage girls to eight years of probation on November 16th. Apparently, for some reason, Murphy believes that it would be wrong to sentence Belter to prison, where he belongs.
Murphy sentenced Belter to eight years of probation and requires that he register as a sex offender…for admittedly sexually abusing four teenage girls. Murphy said that he agonized over how he was going to sentence the criminal before he decided on a sentence so lenient that it shocks the conscience. Murphy said:
“I agonized – I’m not ashamed to say that I actually prayed over what is the appropriate sentence in this case. Because there was great pain. There was great harm – There were multiple crimes committed in this case.
It seems to me that a sentence that involves incarceration or partial incarceration isn’t appropriate, so I am going to sentence you to probation…It’s going to be like a sword hanging over your head for the next eight years.”
This is among the most disgusting rulings I’ve ever seen. Wealthy white bit rapes four teenagers, IS CONVICTED, gets no jail time from the judge.https://t.co/UOi4AGCMpY
— Elie Mystal (@ElieNYC) November 17, 2021
The victims, in this case, were appalled at the sentence handed down by Murphy. One of the victim’s attorneys, Steve Cohen, noted that justice was not served for the victims. He said:
“I am deeply, deeply disappointed. I expected a different outcome today. Justice was not done today…He [Belter] is privileged. He comes from money. He is white. He was sentenced as an adult, appropriately – for an adult to get away with these crimes is unjust.”
Cohen’s client was so distraught at the sentence that she appeared to be going into the bathroom to “throw up.” As the victim got up to go towards the bathroom, Cohen said:
“I believe she’s in the bathroom throwing up, right now, excuse me.”
Belter, who sought mental therapy in the two years since he plead guilty to the case made a statement to those in the courtroom. He said:
“Through treatment and reflection, I’ve come to feel deep shame and regret for my actions none of you deserved to be in this situation. I hope each of you could close that wound I gashed…I know though, that a scar will remain that will serve as a reminder of the evil of that night.”
THIS IS 18 YEAR OLD CHRISTOPHER BELTER. HE PLEAD GUILTY TO RAPE AND SEX CRIMES BUT BECAUSE HIS MOTHER IS A LAWYER HE GOT OFF ON A YEAR OF PROBATION. LAST YEAR HE WAS ALLOWED TO ATTEND SCHOOL WITH HIS VICTIM.
REMEMBER HIS NAME AND HIS FACE.
MAKE THIS FOLLOW HIM. pic.twitter.com/ENRmZJFzeK
— ryan 🔪 (@loveanxietyxoxo) August 29, 2019
Belter initially was arrested for the rapes he admitted to committing in 2018 at his mother’s house in Lewiston, New York. At the time of his arrest, police also took his mother, Tricia Vacanti, into custody as well for providing alcohol and marijuana to underage kids.
Belter would plead guilty to the rape charges in 2019 and was sentenced then to two years of probation, again, for raping four teenage girls. The judge offered Belter the opportunity to complete the term of probation with no violations and if was able to do so, she would be treated as a youthful offender. That would have enabled Belter to avoid registering as a sex offender.
Even though he was given the chance of a lifetime, Belter would violate the terms of his probation for viewing pornography, something he was prohibited from doing. Belter would explain to his probation officer that he had been viewing porn since he was seven years old and that it was a “coping mechanism” for him.
Murphy was assigned his case and correctly determined that Belter did not deserve the leniency of being sentenced as a juvenile and opted to sentence him as an adult. Sadly, Murphy’s ability to provide stiff consequences to Belter stopped there.
Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters? Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you. Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories. Click to check it out.
LOUDOUN COUNTY, VA — The mother of the convicted teen rapist in Loudoun County has denied her son is transgender and insisted he did not sexually assault anyone.
In an exclusive interview with Daily Mail, the unnamed mother defended her unnamed 15-year-old son, saying he did not rape his victim.
Instead, she blamed his male hormones and said the sex between her son and the victim was consensual.
The boy, who is not named due to his juvenile status, was found guilty on Oct. 25 of sexual assaulting a 15-year-old girl inside a bathroom stall for females at Stone Bridge High School. The attack occurred on May 28, and he was dressed in a skirt at the time of the attack.
Loudoun County juvenile court Chief Judge Pamela Brooks found sufficient evidence during an Oct. 25 trial to sustain charges of forcible sodomy and forcible fellatio on a 15-year-old classmate, according to New York Post’s report.
Following the May attack, the boy had been transferred to Broad Run High School, which is also located in Loudoun County. The boy is accused of sexually assaulting another 15-year-old girl at the new school on Oct. 6.
In the latest incident, the boy allegedly pulled a girl into a classroom and inappropriately touched her.
The boy is due back in court on charges for the alleged sex attack in October and will be sentenced for the May attack after that, according to New York Post.
In Daily Mail’s interview, the mother, who asked not to be identified for the sake of her underage son, spoke with the news outlet from her townhouse in Loudoun County.
She defended her son and told Daily Mail that her son is not transgender:
“First of all, he is not transgender. And I think this is all doing an extreme disservice to those students who actually identify as transgender.”
The mother also suggested he was being used as a political pawn during election season:
“He’s a 15-year-old boy that wanted to have sex in the bathroom, with somebody that was willing.
“And they’re twisting this just enough to make it a political hot button issue.”
The rape scandal did affect the race for governor in Virginia after the story exploded back in June.
Scott Smith, the father of the rape victim, was dragged out of a school board meeting with a bloodied mouth on June 22 after listening to school officials deny that a girl had been raped in the bathroom.
The case ignited a raging debate in Loudoun County over transgender students’ rights and parents’ freedom of speech.
The school board was also accused of pushing an ultra-liberal agenda on students and parents and silencing those who disagreed with them.
During the campaign trail, then-Republican gubernatorial candidate Glenn Youngkin referenced the Loudon school board’s coverup, asking “What tragedy next awaits our children?”
Youngkin, who won the Virginia election on Nov. 2, had also previously demanded that Loudoun County Superintendent Scott Ziegler and the school board resign following a bombshell email.
The email proved the board was made aware on May 28 that a female student reported she had been sexually assaulted by a male student in a girl’s bathroom.
The email was sent to school board members about a month before Ziegler said at a board meeting that he had no record of assaults in the school district’s bathrooms.
Youngkin told Fox News:
“This is gross negligence in its most extreme form.
“There must be resignations.
“In fact, people who have not resigned, I don’t understand how they can possibly go into their next school board meeting.
“How can they go into their next school board meeting and be expected to sit there and represent our kids’ future when they covered this up?”
The mother of the rapist told Daily Mail that her son doesn’t identify as a female, and it wasn’t just some disguise to slip into the girl’s bathroom.
She further said that his actions were that of a heterosexual, hormonal teen who had consensual sex with the victim twice before.
Despite her own son claiming he was “pansexual,” the mother told Daily News:
“He would wear a skirt one day and then the next day, he would wear jeans and a T-shirt, a Polo or hoodie.
“He was trying to find himself and that involved all kinds of styles. I believe he was doing it because it gave him attention he desperately needed and sought.”
The mother did acknowledge her son is deeply troubled and has an extensive history of misbehavior and has been repeatedly suspended as a result.
She did not deny reports of him having fist fights with classmates or sending nude photos of himself to a girl in fifth grade, but was annoyed that so much information about his past was being revealed.
“What are they trying to do? Did they hire an investigator to dig up everything and ruin him for the rest of his life?”
The mother explained that she and her son’s father split up when he was just a baby. She left New Jersey and moved to Virginia with her son and said:
“He’s been a challenging child his whole life, which I’ve dealt with myself.
“My son’s gone through multiple forms of counseling and therapy, resources here, at school, friends, family.
“It’s been 15 years of hell trying to get him to do better and be better.”
Even while acknowledging her son’s past troubles, the mother tried to portray the rape in May as a type of accident.
The victim admitted that she had sex with the boy in the bathroom on a previous date, but on May 28 she told him that she was not feeling well and was not in the mood for sex, Daily Mail reported.
According to her testimony, he followed her into the bathroom twice on May 28. During the second time, he followed her into a stall and threw her on the floor and forced her to perform sex acts.
The victim reported he flipped her over on the floor and sexually assaulted her and that he stopped only when someone else had walked into the bathroom. A short time later, she went to the principal’s office to report the rape.
However, the mother did not believe the victim’s account. Instead, she believed her son’s version of events.
The son depicted the rape as an accident, saying he didn’t mean to insert himself into the victim’s anus and was surprised when it caused her pain.
The mother told Daily Mail:
“He said he was intending for vaginal and it ended up for 10 seconds as anal.”
In addition, the mother said her son actually showed concern about the girl’s pain:
“He knew she was in pain. He said, ‘Are you okay?’ She said, ‘That hurt.’ And he’s like, ‘What kind of pain?’
“He was showing genuine concern.”
Even though a judge found her son guilty, the mother blamed the rape victim:
“If I was in a position where I was about to be raped, I would be screaming, kicking, everything.
“You’re 15. You can reasonably defend yourself. You’re not just going to sit there and take it.
“And so, because there wasn’t a presence of a fight, he felt it was okay to keep going.”
The mother also complained about the victim’s father and his decision to publicly lash out about his daughter’s rape. She told Daily Mail:
“News of the second incident and, having been told through informal channels that it was (the same boy), made him snap.
“And so he was not going to be quieted and he was going to let the world know that his daughter was raped by this transgender boy that took advantage of transgender policies, and that LCDS needs to reverse their policies.”
She also accused associates of the Smith family of leaking sealed information, telling Daily Mail:
“So between Scott being all riled up from his position [and leaked information] it was inevitable for this to spread like wildfire.”
She also complained about parents in general, noting that transgender policies have been a hot topic for several years and that a scapegoat case was being sought:
“Parents were looking for that one case and that one piece of evidence that shows that boys are going to take advantage of this to rape their daughters.
“That’s been in the mix since transgender ID was even presented as a possibility of a policy. And so, it happened.”
Towards the end of her interview, the mother reflected and summed up her thoughts:
“What is the end game on this? My son’s going to be going on the sexual registry and be committed to Megan’s Law for the rest of his life because he had 15-year-old hormones.”
Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today? With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.