Man executed in front of his pregnant wife after carjacking and kidnapping spree


TENNESSEE – It’s one of the most heartbreaking stories we’ve shared in a long time.

A man was fatally shot execution-style in front of his pregnant wife during a deadly shooting spree in Tennessee. 

According to authorities, a Missouri man went on a rampage in Tennessee on Sunday, September 13th, that left three dead and three wounded during a series of carjackings and shootings.

The gunman, identified as Dangelo Dorsey, 29, of St. Louis fatally shot himself after leading police on a high-speed chase and flipping the stolen car he was driving. 

Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Director David Raush said that Aileen Stevens, the pregnant woman taken hostage by Dorsey, had survived the crash. Her husband, Phillip Jordan Stevens, 23, was executed in front of her just before the police pursuit began on Interstate 24 in Middle Tennessee.

Stevens’ body was recovered along the interstate near exit 111B outside of Manchester, which is about 65 miles southeast of Nashville. He was known by his middle name, Jordan, to family and friends.

According to his Facebook page, he was from McMinnville, was married to Aileen Stevens, attended Warren County High School, and studied at Middle Tennessee State University.

According to police, the horrific incident began early Sunday morning, Sept. 13, on I-24 near Beechgrove in Coffee County, when Dorsey allegedly opened fire inside a vehicle traveling westbound. He fatally shot a man identified as Darcey Johnson, 28, and shot and injured another person inside the vehicle.

Traffic on that section of the interstate came to a complete and immediate halt, Rausch said, as Dorsey exited his vehicle and attempted to steal another from a female driver. He fired into her vehicle, striking her in the hand. Rausch added:

“A truck driver in that same immediate area also sustained a gunshot wound to the face.”

After that, Dorsey jumped into another vehicle and rear-ended a Ford Mustang that was being driven by Stevens and his wife, who were on their way to church. The couple stopped, thinking it was a routine fender bender.

Dorsey then proceeded to take the unsuspecting couple hostage at gunpoint and ordered them to drive him to their home in Morrison.

Rausch said:

“When they arrived, it appears Dorsey took two additional firearms from the residence, swapped vehicles to a blue Toyota Rav4, and forced the man and woman to accompany him”

Rausch added:

“The situation escalated in the coming hours. At some point, and we’re still working to determine specifics, Dorsey shot and killed the male hostage and forced his body from the vehicle.”

Aileen Stevens was then forced back into the Rav4 and Dorsey returned to the interstate, where the vehicle was located by multiple local and state law enforcement agencies. A brief pursuit, with speeds reaching approximately 100 miles per hour, ended when Dorsey’s vehicle crashed and overturned. Dorsey then took his own life.

 Aileen Stevens, who had been in the back seat, was safely recovered from the wreckage. Jordan Steven’s mother, Michelle Stevens, said that her son begged the suspect not to hurt his wife and baby, but to take him instead.

She said:

“I want everyone to know Jordan died a hero.”

Pastor Jarvis Johnson, of the Campaign Church of God in Rock Island, said that Michelle Stevens teaches kindergarten at West Elementary and Aileen teaches at Hickory Creek Elementary School. Johnson, who also works at the Warren County Sheriff’s Office as a school resource officer, wrote on the congregation’s Facebook page:

“She is safe, but the family is broken and needing prayers. We as a community need to stand together in support for this precious family. Let us never take for granted the time God gives us and always remember to love one another.”

According to the TBI, Dorsey had no adult arrest record in Tennessee. However, he did have an extensive criminal record back in Missouri, though he was not wanted by law enforcement for any outstanding warrants at the time of the incident.

Rausch said in a statement:

“On behalf of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, I want to extend condolences to the families of those who lost their lives and those injured as a result of today’s set of tragic events.”

The TBI has not yet released the identity of the four other victims involved in the shooting spree, including the names of the two other people who were shot.

Rausch said:

“If anyone in the public has information, pictures, video, or details that might help our case, we’d appreciate a phone call. You can reach us at 1-800-TBI-FIND.”

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Here is another article from Law Enforcement Today about another senseless act of  violence:

DETROIT, MI – Two teenagers have been charged in the hit-and-run crash that killed a 33-year-old mother of seven. 

The suspects, since identified as Zaire Barry Vaughn, 18, and Dion Dushan Davis, 17, have been charged in connection with the Aug. 1 car crash that killed Jiwyna Harlan. According to reports, the evening crash happened in the area of Chalmers Street and East Seven Mile Road as the pair raced in a stolen Dodge Challenger.

According to police, Vaughn was behind the wheel when he allegedly sped through a red light striking Harlan’s SUV, killing her and injuring three of her children. Harlan was pronounced dead at the scene. The three children were taken to a nearby hospital.

A relative of Harlan’s said:

“We’ve been watching people fly up and down these streets since we were children. There has been many accidents, police chases, hit and runs, all down this particular street.”

According to reports, Vaughn should have been serving a brief prison stint when the crash happened. On March 26, he pled guilty to a pair of felony gun charges and resisting arrest. After the police successfully arrested him, the court set his bail at $1,500. Vaughn had to pay only 10 percent of that amount, which was $150, and he was able to be released from jail.

Court records show that Vaughn got into more trouble in the months since he bonded out of jail. He had carjacking charges as well as several felony weapon charges for a case in July. And now his criminal behavior has killed an innocent woman.

Investigations by the Detroit police revealed a weapon inside the stolen vehicle. Both suspects have been charged. Davis has been charged with driving while license is suspected, revoked, or denied and drag racing.

Vaughn has been charged with second-degree murder, reckless driving causing death, operating a vehicle while license is suspended, revoked, or denied causing death, fleeing and eluding in the first-degree, carrying a concealed weapon, and four counts of felony firearm. 

Vaughn was remanded to jail. Davis was arraigned and received a $25,000 personal bond.


Just prior to the accident, police were responding to reports of a stolen vehicle and robberies in the area. According to police, the two were racing another car in the stolen Challenger, with Davis behind the wheel and Vaughn as passenger. 

Davis stopped at a gas station in the 1400 block of E. Seven Mile Road and was approached by police officers as he exited the vehicle. According to reports, Vaughn then moved from the front passenger seat to the driver’s seat and sped out of the parking lot southbound on Chalmers Street.

Vaughn continued to speed down Chalmers Street and ran a red light at Seymore Street, striking Harlan’s Chevrolet Trailblazer. Inside were Harlan, three of her children, including 5-year-old twins and a 12-year-old, and the family dog, which was safely rescued after the wreck.

A relative of Harlan’s said:

“A what point do we get to the point where enough is enough. Enough doing stupid stuff, acting the fool because all it does is get us back to what we were doing right now. Loving on each other, crying, and now we have to bury our loved one, for what? It wasn’t worth it.”

She continued:

“And now you are spending the rest of your life in jail and your loved ones get to look at you while we have to see my sister at a grave site laying in the ground.”

A GoFundMe page has been set up to donate to the family for a memorial in Harlan’s honor.

Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today? With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing! (See image below.) Thanks for being a part of the LET family!

Facebook Follow First



Related Posts