“Nobody else better break in; it’ll be a bigger gun this time.” Homeowner, 74, worried he’ll be charged for shooting teen intruder


AKRON, OH – On Tuesday morning, at approximately 7:30 a.m., a 16-year-old male broke into James Lowgher, “Lurch’s” home, police say.

The teenager broke through his front door shattering all the glass while “Lurch” was watching television and prompting him to fire his weapon.

The 74-year-old is unsure why he is facing charges for shooting the teenage home invader.


The homeowner said,

“He didn’t belong here and I knew damn well after he came through the door like that, I can shoot him.

He headed to the basement and I pumped two into him there.

He went down the steps that way and I got him a third time, I hope.”

He told reporters that he walked into his hallway and then saw someone opening the basement door. This was when he fired his Luger 380.

The teenager then “rolled on the steps and started moving that way and I shot him again. And he lived.”

Police were called, and the teenage home invader was taken to Akron Children’s Hospital.

He received multiple gunshot wounds.

However, the homeowner, Lurch, was not injured.


Detectives at the scene said that the homeowner told police he discharged his weapon during the confrontation with the teen.

They said that the teenage home invader forced entry into the man’s home and struck him several times.

Police said that the situation “will be further evaluated to determine if or when charges might be applied.”

Lt. Michael Miller with Akron police remarked:

“most would agree that within reason someone has a right to defend themselves, so in that someone broke into his house, in that he’s confronted with an unknown person with an unknown motive, all those things will be taken into consideration.”



When asked about the situation and firing his weapon, Lurch said,

“Those shots were good.

I don’t like people breaking into my home.”

Nobody else better break in; it’ll be a bigger gun this time.”



Criminal holds gun to man’s head during home invasion – gets shot and killed by his girlfriend

LAS VEGAS, NV – A Las Vegas woman called 9-1-1 to report a break in at her home. Dispatchers could hear the sound of glass breaking over the phone.

The woman was at home with her boyfriend and three children when she heard a commotion around 4:30 am.

Las Vegas Metro Police Department Lt. Ray Spencer said that the woman informed them on the call that the intruder was her ex-boyfriend.

She was armed with a handgun. Her ex saw that she was armed and left, only to return a few minutes later with a gun of his own. Once again, he entered the home uninvited and threatened the new current boyfriend, holding his gun to his head.

It was at that moment that the homeowner fired a single shot at her ex-boyfriend, striking and killing him.


According to the Las Vegas Sun, Lt. Spencer said that the shooting appeared to be in self-defense.

“Spencer said police will submit a report on the incident to the District Attorney’s Office for review.

He said circumstances of the incident indicating that the woman acted in self-defense include the fact that the ex-boyfriend ‘had ample opportunity to leave, however he chose to return back into the house armed with a handgun.’”

All of the legal occupants of the home escaped without injury.

It is unknown what sparked the ex-boyfriend to break into the home or why he threatened the man inside the residence. Police are continuing the investigation.

Nevada’s self-defense laws allow you to stand your ground without a duty to retreat, as long as you comply with four things.

  1. You did not start the fight.
  2. You have reasonable belief that your life in in immediate jeopardy.
  3. You have a right to be in the location where deadly force is used.
  4.  You are not otherwise breaking the law at the time deadly force is used.

According to preliminary reports from LVMPD, the homeowner appears to have met all of the requirements.


Woman, 23, tries to lead ‘squad’ in a home invasion – runs into a guy who is really good with guns

ST. LOUIS COUNTY, MO- On January 11th, at approximately 3:23 a.m., St. Louis County Police officers from the North County Precinct responded to a call for shots fired in the 300 block of Lancashire Road.

That’s where they located 23-year-old Shabria Furlow suffering from at least one gunshot wound.

The woman was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police said that Furlow was one of several people “attempting to commit a robbery/home invasion” at the residence. Security video recorded the hail of gunfire shots that left the one woman dead.

The video shows someone turn around in a yard and start shooting at someone who then returned fire. Furlow was killed as bullets ripped through the home.

Numerous bullet holes can be seen in the home and the glass on one door was completely shattered. The security footage has been turned over to detectives.

According to St. Louis Today, the woman was allegedly trying to rob an acquaintance of hers in the home invasion when she was killed. Prosecutors stated that the man who fatally shot Furlow will not face any charges and have deemed it a justified homicide.

Christopher King, a spokesman for the St. Louis County prosecuting attorney’s office, said in a statement:

“It’s just legitimate self-defense. There’s not evidence of a crime.”

Sgt. Tracy Panus of the St. Louis County Police Department said that Furlow, of Bridgeton, was among several people trying to commit a robbery or home invasion.

King said that Furlow knew the man who shot and killed her.

He said that they knew each other from Arkansas, where Furlow has many relatives. The man who shot her was visiting the home on Lancashire and reportedly did not live there.

King said that Furlow approached the home with four men, two of them carrying guns.

Police have not yet caught the men who were with Furlow, so they do not have their motive for the confrontation. King added:

“She shows up with a number of armed males.”


After the fatal shooting, detectives questioned the man.

Panus stated that the man was cooperative with detectives. The detectives then turned their findings over to the St. Louis County prosecutor, Wesley Bell, whose office decided not to file charges.

Woman, 23, tries to lead 'squad' in a home invasion - runs into a guy who is really good with guns

King said that both the detective and the assistant prosecutor agreed that it was a case of self-defense.

Currently, under Missouri’s self-defense law, known as the Castle Doctrine, people who encounter an intruder in their homes are given more leeway using deadly force.

The law reportedly allows the person to use that force without fear of being charged or sued. Authorities did not release the name of the man who killed Furlow because he was not arrested or charged.

Furlow, who went by the nickname Bria, lived in the 3900 block of Brittany Circle Drive in Bridgeton. Court records show no criminal history in Missouri for the 23-year-old – only a speeding ticket issued in Creve Coeur in March 2021.

Her uncle Mark Johnson of Blytheville, Arkansas said that she was the mother of two children. Johnson said relatives are trying to cope with her death and the allegation that she had been involved in a crime. He said:

“It’s tough on us right now.”

Police are actively looking for the two armed men. If anyone has any information they are asked to contact the St. Louis County Police Department at 636-529-8210 to speak to investigators.

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Submit a Correction
Related Posts