Louisville police move to fire two more officers in Breonna Taylor case – even though they’re not charged with a crime


LOUISVILLE, KY- Following an investigation into the fatal shooting of Breonna Taylor by Louisville Metropolitan Police Officers, only one officer, officer Brett Hankison was indicted and fired from the department. Now, the Louisville Metropolitan Police Department is attempting to fire two of the other officers involved in the incident. 

Officers Cosgrove, Mattingly and Jaynes remained employed by LMPD as the internal investigations continued by the department’s Professional Standards Unit. That unit only investigates potential policy violations, not criminal matters. None of those officers has been charged with any crime, The Wave reported.

It is now being reported that Detective Joshua Jaynes, and Detective Myles Cosgrove both received notices that the Louisville Metropolitan Police Department intends to terminate their employment.

Detective Joshua Jaynes, the officer who obtained the no-knock warrant, and Detective Myles Cosgrove, the officer who fired the fatal bullet in the raid of the home of Breonna Taylor both received notice on Tuesday, December 29th that the police department intends to fire them.

Despite the “no-knock” provision, Louisville Metro Police Department Lt. Ted Eidem claimed officers had:

“knocked on the door several times and announced their presence as police who were there with a search warrant.”

Louisville Metropolitan Police Department Interim Chief, Yvette Gentry issued the officers a two-page letter that began by saying:

“Please be advised of my present intention to terminate your employment,” 

A department spokesperson told NBC News that the officers still have the right to a pre-termination hearing before the are officially fired.

The grounds for firing Detective Jaynes are essentially that he had allegedly lied about the information he had obtained from a U.S. postal worker regarding packages being sent to Taylors home, which lead to the officers being granted the warrant.

According to the two-page letter that Gentry wrote:

“Detective Jaynes lied when he swore ‘verified through a US Postal Inspector,’” 

Gentry went on to say:

“Detective Jaynes did not have contact with a US Postal Inspector, he received the information from Sergeant Mattingly, who got it from a Shively Police Officer. Detective Jaynes also lied when he swore a US Postal Inspector advised ‘that Jamarcus Glover has been receiving packages at 3003 Springfield Drive #4.’”

Jaynes attorney, Thomas Clay, does not feel as though this is a sufficient enough reason to justify his clients termination. 

He said:

“LMPD and the mayor’s office have totally botched this whole investigation, and I think they’re looking for people to throw under the bus and I think Joshua Jaynes unfortunately is one of those individuals who is placed in the path of this bus,” 

As Law Enforcement Today reported, Glover, who, in addition to his 2015 drug trafficking conviction had several other pending drug and weapon cases against him, was named on the March 13th warrant that sent officers to Taylor’s apartment.

Taylor was killed by police during the raid on her apartment, in which police found no drugs or money.

Multiple sources told WAVE 3 News that Gentry has been intimately involved in the PSU investigation. Those sources also said a new, full-time chief is expected to be announced within the next couple of weeks.

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Coulter destroys the media narrative surrounding Breonna Taylor case: ‘This woman is no innocent hero’

December 19, 2020

In a recent article by Ann Coulter, she reminds readers of the true facts from the Breonna Taylor case and that the story line of police officers who killed an innocent black woman asleep peacefully in her bed during a “botched raid” is entirely incorrect.

Media outlets such as the New York Times published an article of this “botched raid” where the officers, without announcing themselves, smashed the front door of the wrong apartment with a warrant for a man Taylor had dated years ago, and whom they already had in custody. 

Then, assuming that the officers were home invaders, Taylor’s current boyfriend pulled out a gun, to which the officers discharged their service weapons, fatally shooting Taylor and wounding one of their own in “friendly fire.”

Of course, none of that is true and contrary to the repeated claim that the police “had the wrong address and the wrong person was in custody,” as Rev. Al Sharpton put it, the police were not in the wrong house at all.

According to authorities, Taylor was deeply involved in the criminal enterprise of her at-some-point-in-time boyfriend, Jamarcus Glover, who was running a large drug operation and selling crack cocaine and fentanyl to the people of Louisville. The morning after Taylor was killed, Jamarcus told his baby mama on a police-recorded phone call:

“This is what you got to understand, don’t take it wrong, but Bre been handling all my money, she been handling my money…She been handling (expletive) for me and Cuz, it ain’t just me.”

He then detailed the amounts when an unidentified male got on the line, saying:

“Tell Cuz, Bre got down like $15 (grand), she had $8 (grand) I gave her the other day and she picked up another $6 (grand).”

Yet, the media credulously claimed that Taylor barely knew Jamarcus, based on what the family lawyer said of the couple breaking up two years earlier and had only a “passive friendship.”


In addition to handling monetary things for Jamarcus, Taylor had bailed him out of jail, driven with him to a “trap house” (where drugs are sold), and allowed him to use her address, the site of the raid, for his mail, phone bills, bank account, and jail bookings. All of these things happened in 2020.

Police GPS tracking showed that Jamarcus had been to Taylor’s apartment six times in January alone and had called her from jail dozens of times since they had allegedly broken up.

A recording from a phone conversation on Jan. 3, 2020:

Jamarcus: “Just be on standby so you can come get me. Love you”

Taylor: “Love you, too.”

Police also had photos of Jamarcus picking up USPS packages at Taylor’s apartment as recently as Jan. 16, 2020 and then he would take them directly to a trap house.

Back in 2016, after Taylor had rented a car for Jamarcus, police showed up at her door because a dead body was found in the trunk of the car. The murdered man turned out to be the brother of one of Jamarcus’ co-conspirators. 

These are just a few of the reasons why on March 13, Louisville police planned to execute four simultaneous no-knock search warrants on homes associated with Jamarcus’ drug operation. Although all the warrants were written as “no-knock” to protect the officers and prevent the destruction of evidence, the police did knock and announce themselves at Taylor’s apartment.

The officers confirmed this themselves and one brave neighbor admitted that he heard the police announce themselves. The media kept focusing on the point that a dozen neighbors claim they did not hear the police announce themselves.

However, all this proves is that a dozen neighbors didn’t hear police announce themselves. Even Taylor’s boyfriend says that the officers knocked.

The media and those fighting for Taylor’s justice keep pointing to the fact that the police found no drugs or money at her apartment. This is true, but it is because they did not look. The first officer through the door was shot at by Taylor’s boyfriend, who eventually admitted that he shot first.

The officers then returned fire, hitting Taylor five times, one fatally (all proved by federal ballistics reports). In the commotion after the shootout, the officers never executed the search warrant.

This was confirmed by a police investigator to the grand jury and also by Jamarcus, who said in jailhouse recordings that his money was still at Taylor’s house:

Jamarcus: “It was there, it was there, it was there…They didn’t do nothing though that’s the problem…Breonna’s boyfriend said ain’t none of that go on.”

Unidentified man to Jamarcus: “So they didn’t take none of the money?”

Jamarcus: “Breonna’s boyfriend said that none of that go on. He said homicide came straight on the scene and they went to packing Bre and they left.”

So, how could the officers have hit Taylor when she was allegedly sound asleep in the next room? That is because she was not. She was standing in the hallway right next to her boyfriend, who again, was shooting at the police. He ducked, she did not.

In another jailhouse recording, Jamarcus summarized what happened to Taylor:

Jamarcus: “That (expletive) did this sh*t. At the end of the day, if I would have been at that house, Bre would be alive, bruh. I don’t shoot at no police.”

Taylor’s family was awarded $12 million from the city and the rest of the country got endless nights of violent, destructive riots. 

Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today?  With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.  

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing!  (See image below.)  Thanks for being a part of the LET family!

Facebook Follow First

Submit a Correction
Related Posts