Looks like an insurrection: Climate change activists storm into Department of the Interior, Democrats quiet among the chaos


Editor note: In 2020, we saw a nationwide push to “defund the police”.  While we all stood here shaking our heads wondering if these people were serious… they cut billions of dollars in funding for police officers.  And as a result, crime has skyrocketed – all while the same politicians who said “you don’t need guns, the government will protect you” continued their attacks on both our police officers and our Second Amendment rights.

And that’s exactly why we’re launching this national crowdfunding campaign as part of our efforts to help “re-fund the police”.

For those looking for a quick link to get in the fight and support the cause, click here.

WASHINGTON, D.C.- On Thursday, October 14th, several federal buildings in Washington, D.C. were either occupied or were attempted to be occupied by protesters.

Demonstrators with climate change-focused protest groups turned out around D.C. with large banners and fake oil as part of ongoing protests against a perceived lack of action on the issue of climate change. 

According to reports, demonstrators hoisted banners and sprayed fake oil onto the facade of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce building, which houses one of the largest lobbying groups in the country. The banners depicted sayings such as, “Welcome to the chamber of climate chaos” and “Your business costs the Earth.”

Scenes of the day were reminiscent of January 6th, but the response and results were much different. Video from the Bureau of Indian Affairs surfaced showing that the building was occupied by protesters. The group claims it was the first time Indigenous leaders occupied the building since the 1970s.

Allegedly, security or law enforcement did not take any action against the group, simply allowing the group to occupy the space. See below:

A second video surfaced, this time from the outside of the Department of Interior, showing climate change protesters attempting to force their way past security several times. Security officials did not pull their weapons, as was the case on January 6th. Instead, they approached the protesters with tasers and forced them back.

During these events, there was no outrage from the White House. There were no comments from Joe Biden or any other Democrats on Capitol Hill. There were no fences eradicated to protect the buildings.

President Joe Biden was too busy spreading vaccine propaganda and pitching forced vaccinations. Vice President Kamala Harris was still in hiding, as there were not enough paid actors in the crowd to for her to actually attend the event. 

Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Sen. Chuck Schumer were both silent. There were no comments from members of Congress. There was no coverage by mainstream media outlets; they simply ignored it as per usual. 

These events included left-wing protesters, not conservatives. If these were conservatives, the FBI, National Guard, Capitol Police, D.C. Police, and every available law enforcement within 50 miles would have been requested. 

Many might argue that this was not done at the Capitol or they will argue that these protesters were not “attempting to overthrow the government.” However, many of the images seen across social media resemble those from inside the Capitol on January 6th.

A Department of Interior spokeswoman said that a group of protesters rushed the lobby, injuring at least one security officer who was taken to a nearby hospital. Police and protesters allegedly clashed outside the building and a spokesperson for the protest group claimed officers used stun guns against several unarmed protesters.

According to reports, in the first three days of the protests, nearly 300 climate change activists were arrested. Washington Post reported Ellie Silverman shared video of climate change activists infiltrating the Department of the Interior building. Silverman tweeted:

“Climate protesters are pushing police, trying to force their way into the Department of the Interior where other activists have made it inside in an attempt to occupy the building.”

There were allegedly more than 50 occupiers in the building. Some were sitting in a circle on the floor with their hands zip-tied together to make them more difficult to be removed.

According to Jim Goodwin, a spokesman for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Federal Protective Service, security personnel suffered “multiple injuries” during the clash, including one officer who needed to be transported to a nearby hospital. 

Ryan Zinke, the secretary of the Interior during the Trump administration, was incensed by the “blatant lawlessness and endangerment of staff.” He said in a statement:

“The reports and photos from the Department of the Interior headquarters are shocking and frankly sickening. Never under my watch would such blatant lawlessness and endangerment of staff and law enforcement have been permitted. Where is the liberal outrage now against lawlessness and destruction of government property?”

He added:

“Deafening silent of course. I never cared about cancel culture activist backlash and I don’t care now. The left must not hid behind identity politics and instead recognize this for what it is: A planned and organized effort to destroy government property and incite violence against federal employees and law enforcement officials. I doubt they will, but their silence speaks louder than any toke statement they release.”

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Students for Life of America violently assaulted during counter-protests at Rally for Abortion Justice events

October 5th, 2021

WASHINGTON, D.C.- According to reports, counter protesters, including Students for Life of America (SFLA), showed up to the Women’s March “Rally for Abortion Justice” and were met with violence and assault. 

The rally was held in D.C. and several other cities across the country.

SFLA members and supporters attended the events in 24 different cities nationwide to “supply a much-needed pro-life voice.” On their website, SFLA shared several incidents where their counter-protests were met with violence:

“In many cities, our counter-protests went as planned. But, it wasn’t the case across the board as our team returned with some very intense stories of violence suffered at the hands of Women’s Marchers.”

One such example of violence was committed against Brei Brooke, SFLA’s west coast regional manager, who is also eight months pregnant. SFLA’s website added:

“Sadly, Denver took the prize for most violent abortion supporters as a posse of them shoved 5-6 Students for Life members to the ground. One of them, Brei Brooke, is eight months pregnant. The abortion supporters laughed as they did it.”

In Minneapolis, a student and others were allegedly physically assaulted in various ways. SFLA’s website stated:

“Aggressive pro-choice women hit a female student in the head, then rammed Jamie and knocked her to the ground. The event’s ‘security’ was actively disrespectful to the pro-life group, surrounding them and refusing to let them move.”

In New York, a Women’s Marcher reportedly snatched the cellphone out of the hand of SFLA’s Mariah McCarron and threw it to the ground. She was also allegedly “shoved, verbally harassed, and had her pro-life signs stolen.” The SFLA website added:

“In Cincinnati, mean-spirited Women’s Marcher’s hovered around the pro-life group, sneering personal insults about physical appearances and covering the pro-life banner with a large rainbow parachute that looked like it was maybe taken from a grade school’s gym class.”

In other cities, SFLA experienced verbal threats and harassment, shoving, stolen signs, and had their phones knocked out of their hands:

“In Phoenix, SFLA’s Joran Brittian was mobbed and hit with signs by abortion supporters. In Portland, ANTIFA showed up with batons. Thankfully, no one was hurt.

In Naples, SFLA’s Andy Secola had a female abortion support approach him and threaten to ‘impregnate him.’ It was mean-spirited as it was confusing. In Dallas, SFLA’s Erin Quinn had a package of Plan B thrown at her.”

The post on SFLA’s website also shared inspiring stories and conversions. The team reported they were able to “help at least two pregnant women.” Olivia Guerra, who attended the Allentown Women’s March, shared:

“I had a woman approach me and say, ‘If you have the time to protest, why don’t you have the time to actually help women?

I came to find out she was five months pregnant, her boyfriend ditched her, and she was completely alone. We gave her all our resources and she was extremely moved and grateful. It was so providential.”

In Indianapolis, SFLA regional coordinator Mary Carmen Zakrajsek was also able to help a mother in need. The SFLA website reported:

“When we were matching in Indianapolis, we saw a homeless woman who had a sign saying she was pregnant! We gave her Standing With You supportive resources we had on hand and I told her the number to call.”

Brooke is not the only pregnant woman who has faced mistreatment at the hands of pro-abortion extremists at the Women’s March. In 2020, SFLA staff member Lori Cascio, who was 38.5 weeks pregnant at the time, broadcast her unborn daughter’s heartbeat during the Women’s March leading up to the 2020 presidential election. 

While there, she was reportedly harassed by one pro-abortion male “feminist” in particular. In the process of the counter-protesting at the marches in 2020, team members were harassed and assaulted as angry protesters took to spray painting signs, equipment, and clothing. 

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

U.S. Capitol Police investigating after congresswoman being nearly run over while praying outside abortion clinic

May 25th, 2021

SOUTH BEND, IN- Rep. Jackie Walorski (R-IN) was praying outside of the Whole Women’s Health of South Bend when she and another individual were nearly run over by a car. Now, the Capitol Police have opened an investigation into the incident. 

In a released statement, Rep. Walorski stated:

“On Saturday, May 15th, I joined a group of pro-life Hoosiers in prayer while they gathered peacefully near a South Bend abortion clinic.

As I was leaving, a vehicle traveling quickly down Lincoln Way West swerved toward the group and came to an abrupt stop just a few feet away from me. Given the recent increase in threats against members of Congress, the U.S. Capitol Police are investigating this incident.”

Her statement added:

“I stand with my fellow pro-life Hoosiers who work to defend the most vulnerable among us, the unborn. They will not be silenced or intimidated by threats or acts of violence from radical activists. As Americans, we can debate and disagree on fundamental issues, but it is absolutely unacceptable to endanger the lives of others.”

A surveillance video has been shared on social media of the near-miss incident.

In the video, 15 to 20 pro-lifers can be seen standing in the grass when a Dodge Charger veers the car across a bike lane towards the pro-lifers before coming to a hard stop in the shoulder directly in front of Walorski.

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) tweeted his support for Walorski along with the viral media clip. He tweeted:

“While @RepWalorski and other pro-life Americans were praying together in defense of the unborn, an unhinged leftist nearly ran them over with his car. Conservatives will not be intimidated in expressing our right to free speech and in support of life!”

In recent years, violence against pro-lifers has been on the rise. A Virginia abortion activist pointed a loaded gun at pro-lifers in 2015. In 2012, an elderly pro-lifer was attacked and thrown to the ground. 

The elderly man suffered a broken hip and had to undergo surgery. In 2018, a pro-lifer was punched in the face as he prayed outside an abortion clinic and a man roundhouse kicked a young female pro-lifer on the sidewalk. His actions were applauded by abortion advocates.

Walorski has been a strong advocate for pre-born children and helped introduce the Dignity for Aborted Children Act after family members and police discovered the remains of more than 2,000 aborted children in 2019 inside the South Bend garage of deceased abortionist Ulrich Klopfer.

Real News Michiana (RNM) reportedly identified the man behind the wheel as Michael Case, an Antifa activist who regularly volunteers as an “escort” for women visiting the clinic to get an abortion.

RNM also uncovered a Facebook post about the visit in which Case wrote”

“Jackie needs to learn to stay out of the street.”

Case allegedly has a history of aggressive behavior toward pro-life activists. Below is a video of Case getting out of his black Dodge Charger to aggressively threaten a pro-life activist. 

Some of the abortion clinic “volunteers” are also open members of Antifa and an Atheist group called Northern Indiana Atheists. 

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Antifa burns U.S. flag, faces off with pro-police supporters outside law enforcement appreciation dinner

May 14th, 2021

BELLEVUE, WA– On Tuesday evening, May 11th, an Antifa mob torched U.S. flags and chanted “death to America” in protest of a law enforcement appreciation dinner that was being hosted by the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA).  

According to reports, the BGEA invited all law enforcement agencies throughout Washington to attend the event at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Bellevue after the Seattle Police Department (SPD) backed out of the initial plan the BGEA had to solely honor Seattle Police. 

Based off a tweet from the Seattle City Council, SPD turned the BGEA away because city council blasted the department for planning to attend an event hosted by a group that they allege hold “anti-LGBTQ” views.

On April 16th, Seattle City Council President Lorena Gonzalez tweeted:

“By promoting the anti-LGBTQ and far-right religious groups’ invitation, the Seattle Police Department is undermining Seattle’s LGBTQ community, alienating our own LGBTQ officers, and further eroding public trust and confidence in law enforcement to protect everyone regardless of their religion or identity.”

That same day, SPD Chief Adrian Diaz backed out of the police appreciation dinner, which resulted in BGEA extending the statewide invitation instead. Multiple groups, including Antifa, organized protests for the event which prompted the Bellevue Police Department (BPD) to take quick action to prevent criminal lawlessness from happening in their city.

Via Twitter, BPD sent out an alert to the community:

“ALERT: We’ve learned of a planned protest in Downtown Park on Tuesday, May 11th at 7:00 p.m. Currently, we’re unsure how large or if they plan to remain peaceful. There’s a strong possibility the group may leave the park. We will update this info as we learn more.”

Antifa met at the Downtown Bellevue Park around 7 p.m., just blocks away from the Hyatt Regency where the law enforcement appreciation dinner was being held. During the time that Antifa met in the park, pro-police groups rallied outside the Hyatt Regency to show support for law enforcement and their families as they attended the event.

Within an hour, around 8 p.m., Antifa left the park and began marching in oncoming traffic towards the Hyatt Regency Hotel. BPD bike officers and patrol vehicles trailed closely behind them, leaving the group zero room for crimes to be committed. 

The anti-police mob tried to confront the law enforcement supporters outside of the hotel, but police were able to keep both groups apart. Video clips showed that while the pro-police group changed “USA,” the Antifa group set U.S. flags on fire and called for “death to America.”

The anti-police mob also changed about burning police precincts to the ground. The Antifa group yelled:

“Kill a cop! Save a life! I can’t wait until black people lynch white people!”

The protest reportedly ended after law enforcement officers asked the pro-police group to leave in an attempt to get Antifa to go home for the night.

Despite threats of violence and multiple planned protests, law enforcement officers across the state attended the appreciation dinner with their families. One attendee said:

“It was such an encouraging evening and we got to connect with other law enforcement couples, which was such a gift. With COVID, there’s been little opportunities to connect with others, so it was really nice.”

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Seattle May Day protests turn violent as Antifa members assault cops and a small child

May 3rd, 2021

SEATTLE, WA – On Saturday, May 1st, the Seattle Police Department (SPD), declared an “Antifa May Day” protest to be a riot after marchers reportedly assaulted cops and a small child. As the day went on, the rioters continued to march in the streets and commit crimes.

According to reports, Antifa began a May Day demonstration in Cal Anderson Park in Seattle on the evening of May 1st. The protest became violent as Antifa began throwing flares, bottles, eggs, paint, and a bag filled with an unidentified liquid. 

Independent journalist Katie Daviscourt tweeted a video showing police following the marchers and saying that someone in the crowd had assaulted a small child just moments earlier.

Daviscourt tweeted that police were unable to identify the person who actually committed the assault and at the time, did not make an arrest for that crime. As the crowd became more violent and refused an order to disperse, Seattle police began making arrests.

According to SPD, 14 people were arrested as of 7 p.m. on the evening of May 1st. Additional arrests were made during the continuing unrest overnight.

On Friday, April 20th, the city said that “unrestricted events” like marches cannot adequately be controlled for the number of participants and social distancing, so it did not issue permits and did not officially close off any streets or provide planned Seattle police “First Amendment support” for May Day demonstrations.

However, a spokesperson from City Hall said that it is aware that “multiple events” have been planned to take place over the weekend. On the night of May 1st, an anti-capitalist and anti-cop group dressed in “black bloc” marched on Broadway.

Following reports of property damage, a large number of police responded to the area to move the crowd outside of the E Olive Way Starbucks. Video posted by SPD showed police continuing to follow the group after the E Olive Way arrests.

Police stated that the crowd threw “flares, bottles, eggs, paint and a bag of unidentified liquid” at officers and a passenger in a vehicle on Denny threw a bottle through the open window of an SPD vehicle, striking the driver.

SPD said that the person was arrested along with four more in the Cal Anderson chaos that followed after police moved marchers as they gathered in the park after marching through the city.

As of 7 p.m. on May 1st, SPD released the following information of those arrested for crimes “ranging from property destruction to assault and reckless driving”:

  • A 35-year-old for obstruction at Summit Ave and E Olive Way;
  • A 37-year-old for property destruction in the Summit Ave and E Olive Way;
  • A 25-year-old for obstruction in the Summit Ave and E Olive Way;
  • A 22-year-old for assault, obstruction, and resisting arrest in the Summit Ave and E Olive Way;
  • A 26-year-old for pedestrian interference at 7th Ave and Olive St;
  • A 36-year-old for assault at 4th Ave and Bell St;
  • An 18-year-old for malicious mischief at Broadway and E. Howell St;
  • A 28-year-old for reckless driving at Harvard Ave and Pine St;
  • A 23-year-old for property destruction at Denny Way and E. Howell St;
  • A not-yet-identified individual for assault and resisting arrest at 11th Ave and Olive St;
  • A 35-year-old for assault at Cal Anderson Park;
  • A 26-year-old for obstruction at Cal Anderson Park;
  • A 25-year-old for obstruction at Cal Anderson Park; and
  • A 25-year-old for obstruction at 11th Ave and Pine St.

In an update from SPD in the early morning hours on May 2nd, police made additional arrests overnight as protest activities continued around the East Precinct. At least six people were booked into King County jail for investigation for assault, malicious mischief, obstruction, and property damage.

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

After nearly a year of nightly riots, Portland Mayor finally calls (begs?) for ‘unmasking’ of violent protesters

April 26th, 2021

PORTLAND, OR– According to reports, Black Lives Matter and Antifa activists spoke out against Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler and his call to “unmask” violent protesters. Hours after the mayor’s comments, another riot broke out in the city.

On Friday, April 23rd, Mayor Wheeler said in a statement:

“We must stand together as a community against this ongoing criminal intimidation and violence. Our job is to unmask them, arrest them, and prosecute them. People know who these criminals are.”

Within hours of the mayor’s statements, violence broke out again in Portland following a social media post calling for demonstrators to “Bloc Up.” According to reports, “Bloc Up” is a reference to the Antifa “uniform” of all black clothing, masks, and helmets. 

The social media post called for an “Autonomous Demonstration” at Couch Park in Portland and to “Bloc Up,” making it difficult for police to identify lawbreakers.

Authorities said that as demonstrators began blocking roadways, smashing windows, painting graffiti and forcing their way into a least one occupied restaurant, police declared the incident to be a riot and ordered protesters to leave. 

During Wheeler’s remarks, he extended the city’s state of emergency and directed Police Police Bureau officials to “arrest people engaged in any crimes.” He reportedly supported the police tactics of “kettling,” which refers to boxing people in. 

Wheeler and the acting police chief both urged the public to safely stand up to the black bloc violent demonstrators who continue to plan “direct actions” around the city that routinely end with shattered windows, fires, and other vandalism. 

Both stated that they believe residents are fed up with watching the threats and destruction by a small group of “self-described anarchists.” Wheeler said:

“They want to burn. They want to bash, like they did to the nonprofit Boys and Girls club in Northeast. Really they want to intimidate. They want to assault.”

He added:

“If BLM leaders can show the courage to stand up to this mob, then we all should. Make a stand and take our city back.”

According to reports, following the riot on Friday, April 23rd, one of many this month alone, Black Lives Matter activists and other “protesters and community leaders” marched on city hall to protest the mayor’s call for action.

Amber Boydston, a speaker at the protest on Saturday, April 24th, was one of dozens of black Oregonians who drafted an open letter aimed at those participating in demonstrations. The letter said, in part:

“Actions that neither increase solidarity nor broadcast purpose while making the lives of local black communities more difficult are not acceptable.”

The letter also talked about concern with police violence, but the group alleges the mayor misused those words in his call to extend the state of emergency. Protest Mac Smiff added:

“I would appreciate it if people would listen to the words that we say and read the words that we say, absorb the words that we say, think on the words that we say, but stop adding your own lends to it. Sometimes you have to be quiet and listen.”

On Monday night, April 19th, a group of about 80 people gathered in Northeast Portland and some smashed windows at the Blazers Boys & Girls Club, causing nearly $20,000 in damage to the club.

On Friday, April 16th, a large demonstration downtown erupted into a riot that left the front windows of the First Christian Church broke, anti-police messages scrawled on the exterior of the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, and windows smashed at the Oregon Historical Society.

The extended state of emergency gives the mayor the power to set a curfew, blockade streets, or call in extra officers from the Oregon State Police, and Oregon National Guard, if deemed necessary. 

Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today?  With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.  

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing!  (See image below.)  Thanks for being a part of the LET family!
Facebook Follow First



Related Posts