Are you tired of hearing news reports that distort the reality of law enforcement? Would you like your voice to be heard?
Law Enforcement Today was asked if we could spread the message. PBS is offering police officers a chance to speak out. Please review the details below:
Summary: Police officers for brief interview on behind-the-scenes look at their job
Name: Stephanie Bucklin PBS’s Rewire.org
Email: [email protected]
Media Outlet: PBS’s Rewire.org
Deadline: 7:00 PM EST – 14 September
Query: The piece will feature 3-5 police officers from a variety of locations and give a brief “behind-the-scenes” look at the career (you can see a similar piece on ER doctors at https://www.rewire.org/work/er-doctor/).
Questions are below, and email responses/interviews are fine.
1. What is a typical shift for you like?
2. What is something most people wouldn’t necessarily guess
about your profession?
3. What are some common misconceptions about your career?
4. What do you wish you had known before choosing to become a
5. Is there anything else I didn’t ask about that you want to
share, or think I should know?
Police officer (any type). We’re especially interested in
talking to people from a wide variety of backgrounds and from a
variety of locations. Thank you!
– LET Staff