LAPD arrests parolee who they say raped, threatened to kill girl he followed on transit to South Los Angeles


LOS ANGELES, CA – A 45-year-old man accused of raping a 16-year-old girl that he allegedly followed from a Metro train to a bus she boarded in late September was arrested on October 6th, according to reports.

The LAPD noted that the rape suspect in custody was already on probation for a previous narcotics offense during the time of the incident.

Police arrested 45-year-old Terry Edward Scott Jr. at approximately 3:20 p.m. within the 500 block of South San Pedro Street on October 6th under suspicion of rape and kidnapping in connection with a September 26th incident where a teenage girl was victimized.

Authorities say that on September 26th at roughly 9:00 p.m., the teenage girl and Scott were riding on the same Metro train from a downtown Long Beach station but were not riding together as a pair of sorts.

Scott allegedly tried approaching the teen several times on the train, which she later moved to a different train car to avoid him.

The train was headed toward north to the Los Angeles area, when the teen girl reportedly exited the train and hopped on a bus, with police saying the suspect followed her onto the same bus. After the victim got off of the bus near Vernon Avenue and San Pedro Street, authorities say that Scott continued to tail the young girl.

In a statement released by the LAPD, it’s alleged that Scott committed the attack at an apartment complex parking lot:

“The suspect forced the victim to a parking lot of an apartment building where he threatened to kill her and then raped her.”

Police attributed credit to numerous tips that came in regarding the October 6th arrest of Scott, which said tips were likely due to authorities releasing surveillance images of the suspect while he was still at-large.

Scott was arraigned on October 8th, with officials noting that he’s being held without bond.

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Georgia man sentenced to 25 years without parole for rape of elderly woman at senior living complex

(Originally published September 21st, 2021)

MCDONOUGH, GA- According to reports, a Georgia man has been sentenced to 25 years in prison after pleading guilty to charges stemming from the rape of a 75-year-old woman in her senior living center apartment. 

On September 17th, the McDonough Police Department (MPD) announced that 29-year-old Travale Farris plead guilty to rape, aggravated sexual battery, kidnapping, false imprisonment, burglary, exploitation and intimidation of an elder person, and three counts of criminal attempt to commit a felony. 

Farris cannot be granted parole during his sentence. He will be on probation for the rest of his days after the term ends and he will be required to register as a sex offender. Additionally, he must avoid contact with his victim and steer clear of Heritage at McDonough Senior Living Center in Henry County, Georgia, where the brutal attack took place.

According to authorities, the horrific attack took place in February when Farris entered the elderly woman’s unlocked unit and raped a 75-year-old woman. Video surveillance footage showed the man was walking around the senior living center and checking doors of several units to see if any were unlocked. 

Eventually, Farris was able to enter one unit where he attacked the elderly woman and then “casually walked out of the apartment.” After the sentencing, Darius Pattillo, district attorney of Henry County, told reporters:

“This was a horrific crime and we are grateful to bring justice for this survivor. We wanted to ensure that Mr. Farris cannot harm any more of our county’s elderly population. Under this sentence, there is no possibility of parole and he must serve every day of that 25 years and continue to be supervised by officers for the rest of his life.”

According to authorities, Farris was arrested after a positive DNA match in March. The match was made possible after police had previously acquired Farris’s DNA during his incarceration at Muscogee County Prison, where he was serving a term for burglary and theft. Farris was released in December 2018.

In a separate incident, a Texas man has been sentenced to life in prison for raping a blind 81-year-old woman. The horrific incident took place in 2019 in Smith County. The suspect, 61-year-old Steven Charles Hill, has been found guilty of aggravated sexual assault of an elderly person.

On September 14th, Judge Kerry Russell sentenced Hill to life in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. Hill has been in the Smith County Jail since December 26, 2019 on a $750,000 bond. 

According to the Smith County District Attorney’s Office, the victim was living at her daughter’s house along with Hill, who was the daughter’s brother-in-law. One of the other family members at the residence, a 15-year-old girl, stated that she saw Hill lying in the bed with the 81-year-old woman in the evening.

The witness told her mother and the victim described in detail how Hill sexually assaulted her. At first, Hill denied doing anything to the victim.

However, after he was confronted about possible DNA, he changed his story and admitted he and the elderly woman had sex, but he claimed the woman wanted it and came on to him. At the time of the incident, Hill was on parole for burglary charges out of Ellis County. 

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Report: Gang member out on parole arrested for rape of 70-year-old woman in police-defunded NYC

(Originally published September 12th, 2021)

BRONX, NY- According to authorities, a gang member on parole was arrested for holding a 70-year-old woman at gunpoint and raping her inside of her Bronx apartment building. 

The New York Post reported that the shocking sexual assault happened around 2 a.m. on July 27th when the woman entered the stairwell of her building in Belmont and was approached by an unknown man from behind. 

Police said that the man, who was wearing a black mask and another red plastic face covering, pulled out a firearm and raped the woman and then fled the scene.

The elderly woman did not report the attack until August 2nd and was treated for injuries at BronxCare Health System Hospital. Police then released surveillance footage of the suspected attacker. On Tuesday, September 7th, the armed suspect was arrested.

He has since been identified as 28-year-old Reginald Bellot. Bellot has been charged with rape, strangulation, predatory sexual assault, criminal sex act, menacing and unlawful imprisonment in connection to the horrific and violent July 27th attack.

Police did not specify the gang with which Bellot is affiliated. State prison records show he was incarcerated in February 2018 in connection to an attempted robbery and prison contraband charge. Bellot was serving a sentence of one-and-a-half to six years.

However, in February 2020, he was released to parole. Records also show that he was sentenced to two years for an attempted burglary charge in 2015. He is now awaiting arraignment in the Bronx criminal court.

In a separate incident, a man from Manteca, California was arrested for allegedly raping a homeless female in Sonora, California. Authorities are concerned that she may not be the only victim. 

According to reports, the crime dates back to June 4th. Sonora Police spokesperson Thomas Brickley stated that the victim, a woman in her late thirties, was walking along West Stockton Street when a Hispanic man driving a dark-colored SUV pulled over and asked if she needed a ride. Brickley added:

“The victim accepted the offer and got inside of the vehicle. The make drove the victim to an undisclosed location instead of the intended destination. The male then ordered the victim out of the vehicle and raped her by force.”

Police were notified of the rape by Adventist Health Sonora after the victim was brought in by ambulance. DNA samples were collected during a forensic exam and on August 31st, police were notified of a match to 37-year-old Joseph Frank Pineda Pimentel. 

Further investigation, including a follow-up with Turlock Police, revealed that Pineda Pimentel had just been arrested on September 2nd for rape. On September 7th, he was arrested again, this time by Sonora Police. His bail was set at $150,000.

The Tuolumne County Sheriff’s Arrest/Custody Report states that Pineda Pimentel is a Surgery Technician and was arrested at Adventist Health Sonora. In a comment sent via email, Communication Manager Jaquelyn Lugg said:

“Pineda Pimentel is an employee, but he is not on the schedule and is not currently working. We would also like to add that there is no indication that these charges involve a patient or other employees, and the arrest was not due to events that occurred on hospital grounds.”

Sonora police investigators are alerting the public that there may be more victims in the Foothills and Central Valley areas. Brickley said:

“We urge any additional victims to come forward and report the crime to the jurisdiction where the crime occurred. Investigators ask homeless resource groups to encourage those they assist in the homeless population to report any crime that occurs to them.”


Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today?  With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.  

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing!  (See image below.)  Thanks for being a part of the LET family!
Facebook Follow First
Related Posts