Chicagoland: Known drug dealer out on felony bond allegedly beats man to death for paying him with fake money


CHICAGO, IL – In crime-ridden, Democrat-run Chicago, a known drug dealer who was free on felony bond, allegedly beat a customer to death in a vacant parking lot for paying him with fake money.

The vacant lot, which is located on the northwest corner of Chicago and Ridgeway avenues in Humboldt Part, is decorated with a Chicago Police Department (CPD) surveillance camera and a small hand-painted billboard that declares the space a “safety zone,” with no gambling, drugs or guns allowed.

According to prosecutors, it was in that vacant lot around 5:40 p.m. on November 9th when the suspect, Jacquail Jones, used a brick or rock to beat 52-year-old Michael Foley to death because Foley gave him fake money in a drug deal.

Jones, who was out on bail for allegedly possessing a stolen motor vehicle, is the 51st person accused of killing or shooting, or attempting to do either to someone in Chicago while out on bail awaiting trial just this year.

The victim, Foley, died the very next day from blunt force trauma to the head. His injuries were so severe that police mistakenly thought he had been shot rather than beaten.

The actual press release announcing Jones’ arrest event said that he shot Foley, but prosecutors said that is not what happened.

The surveillance video from the vacant lot allegedly shows Jones following Foley as he left a nearby convenience store. As the man reached the vacant lot, Jones can be seen hitting Foley on the back of the head from behind, practically blindsiding him,

The hit was so hard that Foley fell to the ground. Video then shows Jones allegedly stomping on Foley’s head and repeatedly striking him in the head with an object that he found in the lot.

Prosecutors said that after the violent beating, Jones returned to the convenience store, bought a bag of chips, and walked away as if nothing ever happened.

Police were able to identify Jones through the surveillance footage and on Tuesday, November 22nd, he was arrested.

During an interview with detectives, Jones reportedly admitted to hitting Foley with a brick or rock because Foley gave him fake money during a drug deal.

At the time of the violent attack, Jones was out on bail for possession of a stolen motor vehicle. On April 6th, Judge Susana Ortiz ordered him to pay a $500 bail deposit and he was then released on electronic monitoring.

A different judge removed the electronic monitoring and Jones was arrested again on May 28th for allegedly selling heroin about a block from where Foley was killed.

For that incident, Jones was charged with felony possession of heroin and was held without bail for violating his bond in the stolen motor vehicle case. However, prosecutors dropped the case and Jones was released.

According to prosecutors, Jones has two felony narcotics convictions as an adult. It seems he has a criminal history that dates back nearly a decade. In 2014, as a juvenile, Jones was arrested for aggravated battery and robbery.

After hearing about the murder allegations, Judge Barbara Dawkins held Jones without bail at the state’s request.

She also held him without bail on an arrest warrant that another judge issued when Jones stopped showing up in court for his stolen motor vehicle case.

Violent crimes, including gun violence, show no signs of stopping in the Windy City. Over Thanksgiving weekend, authorities confirmed that there were more than two dozen shooting victims.

From 6:00 p.m. on Friday, November 25th, through 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, November 27th, there were a total of 24 reported shooting incidents and 31 shooting victims.

At least four juvenile were involved in the shootings and at least six people were murdered in the holiday weekend violence.

Police said that the fatal shootings included a 42-year-old woman who was walking with a 14-year-old boy through a vacant lot in the 2300 block of East 100th Street just before 8:30 p.m. on November 25th.

Among those killed were two men, ages 34 and 36, who were both shot in the head at a gathering in the 12700 block of S. Halstead just after midnight on November 26th.

The wounded included two boys, ages 16 and 13, who were inside a car parked on the street in the 11300 block of S. May Street around 5:30 p.m. on November 26th, when an unknown offender approached and opened fire.

The weekend prior to the holiday, police said that there were 15 shooting incident, including 20 shooting victims and three murders across the city.

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Submit a Correction
Related Posts