Woman punches deputy in the face, breaks his orbital bone – gets released from jail by a judge


PONTIAC, MI – On Sunday, June 6th, a woman was arrested after being accused of punching an Oakland County Sheriff’s Deputy in the face so hard that she broke his orbital bone. Without much thought, a judge released her for free.

Fox News reported that the woman, since identified as 32-year-old Andrea Ariel-Jones Sheppard, was arraigned on one count of assaulting a police officer, which according to state sentencing guidelines, is a four-year-felony.

Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard said that the incident occurred at around 7:00 a.m. on June 6th after the deputy responded to a call about a woman who was walking in traffic near East Pike and Woodward Avenue, waiving her arms and talking to herself. 

When the deputy arrived on scene, he found Sheppard standing in the middle of Pike Street, so he got out of his vehicle and asked the woman if she needed help. Authorities said that Sheppard would not identify herself, became belligerent, and yelled obscenities at the deputy.

When another deputy arrived, Sheppard approached the first deputy and continued to yell obscenities and then hit the deputy several times in the head and upper body while he was trying to get out of his patrol vehicle. According to Bouchard, the woman punched the deputy in the eye and broke his orbital bone.

The deputy that she had just attacked pushed Sheppard back, but she started to go after him again. That is when the other deputy on scene deployed his Taser at Sheppard. She was subsequently taken into custody.

The deputy Sheppard struck in the face several times was transported to a local hospital for treatment. According to reports, the deputy, who is 58-years-old, is a 29-year law enforcement veteran.

He is recovering from his injury and will not be able to return to work for several weeks. If convicted, Sheppard will face up to four years in prison. However, in the meantime, 50th District Judge Ronda Gross ordered Sheppard released on a $1,000 personal bond, which means that the defendant did not have to put up any money at all to be released from jail.

Sheriff Bouchard is furious that the deputy’s attacker has been released so easily, without any regard for what happened to the officer. He said:

“I am angry at how regularly people assault police officers today and how little attention or care they have in Washington for this. In 2019, the FBI reported more than 56,000 police officers were assaulted.” 

Sheppard’s next court hearing is scheduled for June 17th. According to reports, this is not the first time that Sheppard has been in the news for being in trouble with the law. In 2016, she opened fire on a home that she had bought from the city at auction for $1,000.

She reportedly filmed herself firing a gun into the home as she held a baby in her arms, with her nine-year-old son standing next to her looking terrified, and streamed it on Facebook Live. The video went viral and Sheppard was charged with carrying a concealed weapon and reckless use of a firearm.

At the time, she said that she regretted making the video, but she did not say that she regretted shooting up the house with her children in her arms.

She said:

“Deeply regret it, it was very irrational of me. In that time, I felt like I was losing my livelihood, my children are my everything. I’m a wonderful mother, but the world has painted me to be this horrible monster mom and that’s not me.”

For that incident, she was released on a $10,000 bond. 

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Officer fired, doxxed, and charged after arresting a criminal who assaulted him is now suing to get his job back

June 8th, 2021

LA MESA, CA – After enduring a year that included doxxing, lost wages, and mounting legal fees, a former La Mesa police officer at the center of a controversial 2020 arrest is hopeful for a reprieve after his lengthy trial in the court of public opinion.

On May 27, 2020,  Officer Matthew Dages arrested 23-year old Amaurie Johnson at a La Mesa trolley stop.

According to the Times of San Diego, Johnson was contacted for smoking in public, and later he was arrested for “assault on an officer, and resisting, delaying and obstructing an officer.”

Footage from Dages’ body cam, embedded below, shows a verbally combative Amaurie Johnson appearing to admit twice to putting his hands on the officer.

At the 6:55 mark, he says:

“And you know why I pushed your hand off of me, because you grabbed me.”

At the 8:03 mark, Johnson states:

“I tried to get you off of me because you were grabbing me.”

This footage, however, does not include when Johnson allegedly hit Officer Dagen.


Bystander video of the arrest, showing Officer Dages repeatedly touching Johnson and pushing him into a seated position on a bench, went viral, with armchair quarterbacks complaining that the officer should never have put his hands on Johnson.  

One such quarterback, for instance, tweeted:

“amaurie johnson was charged with assault on a police officer for simply waiting outside for his friends.”

Another posted a bystander video and brought up race, saying:

“Matthew J Dages of @LaMesaPD

“Assaulting and falsely charging an African American man.

“While his #BlueISIS buddy stands by.”

Johnson’s arrest came at a time when tensions were already high, since Officer Dages is white, Amaurie Johnson is black, and the arrest occurred mere days after the death of George Floyd.

Johnson was released after his arrest, and the La Mesa Police Department announced that it would not seek charges against him.

Officer Dages, on the other hand, although he was reportedly “cleared of any use of force,” was fired by the La Mesa Police Department in August of 2020, in part because he allegedly listed “false and misleading statements” in his report.  

Those statements, according to the Times of San Diego, included “allegedly false determinations that Johnson was smoking and committed a fare evasion violation, as well as statements that Johnson balled his fists and took a ‘bladed stance’ towards Dages during the arrest.”

In addition, then-police chief Walt Vasquez also stated that Dages did not activate his body camera “in a timely fashion,” and that he “directed profane, insolent language and made discourteous comments” to Johnson.

Dages appealed his firing, but it was upheld by La Mesa’s personnel appeals board.  Currently, he is suing for reinstatement.

In early 2021, Dages was also charged by the San Diego County District Attorney’s Office with a felony count of filing a false report for allegedly “falsifying the reason for Johnson’s detention as well as his actions.”

Dages pleaded not guilty to this charge in March of 2021.

His trial is awaiting a decision on whether or not to move forward, by San Diego County District Attorney Summer Stephan.  If convicted, Dages could face up to three years in prison.

For former Officer Dages and his wife, the retaliatory fallout from the public for this incident last year was swift and severe.

An Instagram post by the Pipe Hitter Foundation reports that Dages and his wife, Christina:

“- Received death threats

– Had protestors outside their house

– Were “doxxed,” as their personal information was widely shared online for malicious purposes

– And were finally forced to sell their home — which they had recently purchased together before their wedding — due to safety concerns.”


View this post on Instagram


A post shared by Pipe Hitter Foundation (@pipe_hitter_foundation)

In addition, the Pipe Hitter Foundation reports that protests resulted in fires and damage in the city of La Mesa, and “local small business, banks, and grocery stores burned to the ground.”

Despite this extreme and destructive social pressure and behavior, and a media trial in the court of public opinion, Dages and his wife are still fighting back, both against his firing and against the criminal charges.

In a recent interview with Newsmax, Christina Dages told anchor Shaun Kraisman that there are several facts of the case that are not known to the public – facts which she says exonerate her husband.

She stated that probably the most important fact is that: 

“there is audio evidence where the subject admits to putting his hands on my husband Matthew Dages. 

“He also asks my husband, ‘Does that physical contact make you feel threatened?’”  

She added:

“La Mesa’s own use-of-force expert confirmed that my husband was, in fact, struck.”

Mrs. Dages continued:

“Another fact that’s largely unknown is my husband has passed a voluntary polygraph about this incident, further proving that there was no racial bias, no dishonesty happened.”

Christina Dages also told Kraisman that the earlier appeal of the firing of her husband led to a “multi-day appeal process” which revealed evidence that actually called into question the case against Dages.  

She said:

“La Mesa’s investigative report was wildly inaccurate, and not just about trivial things, but there were testimony and statements from key witnesses that were taken out of context, misrepresented, or omitted entirely, further propping up the city’s case against my husband.”


View this post on Instagram


A post shared by SOC (Ret) SEAL Eddie Gallagher (@eddie_gallagher)

Mrs. Dages added that this revelation helps Dages’ case for reinstatement, as the La Mesa officials’ claims against him relied heavily on their allegedly inaccurate report to justify firing and “villainizing” Dages.

She also added that she has recently learned that when La Mesa officials approached the District Attorney in San Diego to recommend criminal charges against Dages, they did not share the full transcripts from the appeals hearings.

As such, she continued:

“We believe that the DA was misled against filing charges against Matthew.”

While acknowledging that they are “up against it,” Mrs. Dages expressed confidence that she and her husband would be able to fight both battles, that of reinstating Dages and that of overcoming the criminal charges against him.

“We’re super in the fight.  We’re definitely up against it.

“But we’re not going anywhere.”

Addressing the public’s take on her husband’s situation, she added:

“We are committed to fixing the narrative that’s out there about my husband, which is atrociously wrong.

“If there’s anyone who is going to speak to what’s in my husband’s heart, it’s me, and I’m committed to helping to fight this injustice, fix the narrative that’s out there about him, and clear my husband’s name and get him back in uniform.”

It would mean the world to Matthew Dages, Christina Dages indicated, to get back on the police force.

She told Kraisman:

“Being a police officer is more than just a job for my husband, so much more.

“It is his passion.  It is his purpose.

“He’s told me many times it’s his highest honor to protect and serve the community….

“He’s committed to getting back in uniform and finally clearing his name.”

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Officer fired after it was revealed he donated $25 to Kyle Rittenhouse’s legal defense fund

April 22, 2021

NORFOLK, VA– On Tuesday, April 20th, officials announced that a Norfolk Police Lieutenant has been fired from the force after it was revealed that he donated to a legal defense fund set up for Kenosha shooter Kyle Rittenhouse.

According to reports, Lt. William Kelly anonymously gave $25 to a fundraiser for Rittenhouse back in September 2020, using his city email address. In the message that accompanied the donation, Kelly wrote:

“You’ve done nothing wrong. Every rank and file police officer supports you. Don’t be discouraged by actions of the political class of law enforcement leadership.”

Rittenhouse, who is 17-years-old, is accused of killing two individuals who confronted him during a riot in Kenosha, Wisconsin in August 2020.

Rittenhouse stands firm that he was attacked and feared for his life when the activists came at him on the street and that he shot at them in self-defense.

After an internal investigation found that Kelly acted in violation if city and departmental policies by sending the donation and a personal note, he was fired from the force.

Kelly was formerly the number two official in the Norfolk Police Department’s internal affairs division.

Reportedly, the firing came 24-hours after it was revealed that a Utah paramedic, who contributed 10 dollars to the same fund is now the victim of a media terror campaign.

A journalist from ABC4, Salt Lake City’s ABC-affiliate began terrorizing the paramedic after he took advantage of a data breach at a Christian website and published the names of private citizens who contributed to the Rittenhouse’s fund.

The journalist, Jason Nguyen tweeted:

“@wvcfd conducting an investigation after a paramedic is caught donating $10 to the defense fund of Kyle Rittenhouse using his government email. @abc4utah”

Nguyen named the paramedic and with cameras in tow, showed up at his house in a way that revealed all kinds of details that gave away the location of his private residence. He also tried to get the paramedic fired by telling is employer about what happened.

The city responded by releasing a statement that said it is “conducting an investigation into the matter.” The statement read:

“We can confirm that (NAME REDACTED) is an employee of the West Valley City Fire Department. We have become aware of a donation made using his government email account. We are conducting an investigation into this matter, however, such a donation would be representative of personal actions and not those of West Valley City.”

In a statement confirming the dismissal of Kelly, City Manager Chip Filer said:

“I have reviewed the results of the internal investigation involving Lt. William Kelly. Chief Larry Boone and I have concluded Lt. Kelly’s actions are in violation of City and departmental policies. His egregious comments erode the trust between the Norfolk Police Department and those they are sworn to serve. The City of Norfolk has a standard of behavior for all employees, and we will hold staff accountable.”

Others joined in on the disapproval, with Norfolk Mayor Kenneth Cooper Alexander saying:

“This alleged statement and action by a member of Norfolk’s Police Department is alarming and by all means not consistent with the values of our city or the standards set for our employees.”

Reportedly, Lt. Kelly is afforded the right to appeal the decision in accordance with the City of Norfolk grievance procedure and applicable law. 

world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.  

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing!  (See image below.)  Thanks for being a part of the LET family!
Facebook Follow First
Related Posts