Bloomington, Illinois – It has been slightly over a year since an illegal immigrant from Honduras killed a man by way of running a red light and hitting 39-year-old Corey Cottrell while he was on his motorcycle.
Now sources reveal that the illegal immigrant responsible for killing this father of two was only sentenced to 7 years in prison for the crime.
Prosecutors recommended a 12-year sentence, while the defense argued for probation before Judge Scott Drazewski handed down the seven-year sentence.https://t.co/LuLF3RCENT
— WJBC AM-1230 (@WJBC) June 24, 2020
This illegal immigrant from Honduras was ordered deported twice in previous year before killing Cottrell on June 22nd in 2019, yet 27-year-old illegal alien Jose Rodriguez seemed to never get deported despite those orders that were doled out in 2013 and 2014.
Instead of being deported, Rodriguez was able to remain shielded within the sanctuary state of Illinois.
On that fateful day in June of last year, Cottrell was reportedly on his way to see his mother Kathy when Rodriguez ran a red light in Bloomington and killed Cottrell. After entering a plea of guilty this past January, Rodriguez was sentenced to merely 7 years in prison under the charge of fleeing the scene of an accident with a death involved.
Prosecutors were said to have recommended at least a 12-year sentence, yet Judge Scott Drazewski only doled out 7 years for reasons unknown. This is after the fact that authorities showcased that Rodriguez was driving without a license and also fled the scene and self-surrendered the day after killing Cottrell.
Family members of Cottrell are suspicious of whether or not alcohol was involved in the fatal hit-and-run that day in June of last year, a question that’ll likely never be answered since Rodriguez avoided authorities until the day after the incident.
No matter the circumstances, this past Father’s Day was likely a grim one in the household of Cottrell’s 11- and 14-year-old daughters Karina and Alexandra – as this was the first Father’s Day the two young girls were without their dad.
— FAIR (@FAIRImmigration) July 26, 2019
Prior to Rodriguez’s sentencing, he was able to enjoy quite a bit of freedom over the past year after the fatal crash. While his bail was initially set to $1 million, the same judge who sentenced him recently reduced his bail last year to $100k. Rodriguez was said to have only needed to pay a fraction of that cost to attain his freedom, which he reportedly did.
Bail for Rodriguez was originally set at $1,000,000. However,
McLean County Judge Scott Drazewski lowered Rodriguez’s bail to $100,000,
allowing him to be freed by paying only a small portion of that price.
— Calif. (@Retirednow72) December 16, 2019
Even when ICE got involved in the case prior to Rodriguez even pleading guilty earlier this year, immigration Judge Samuel Coleto allowed him to be released from ICE custody on November 15th of 2019.
Once again, when Rodriguez entered his plea of guilty in January of 2020 – he was allowed to remain free on his previous bail until sentencing.
Needless to say, the price of illegal immigration is a high one – and the people paying the price always seem to be the ones who never asked for illegal immigration to be ignored.
There seems to be no end to the criminal conduct that stems from those illegally residing within the country.
According to reports, an illegal alien that was residing within Gainesville, Georgia was arrested under charges of sexually assaulting a minor while also proving the underage girl with alcohol.
Police say that 21-year-old Jose Tomas Pedro has been formally charged with rape and furnishing alcohol to a minor for an incident that was alleged to have taken place on May 31st.
An illegal alien has been charged with raping an underage girl and providing her with alcohol in Gainseville, Georgia. https://t.co/fthZAvq4Fs
— Breitbart News (@BreitbartNews) June 19, 2020
While authorities did not disclose the age of the victim, they noted that deputies from the Hall County Sheriff’s Office responded to a Northeast Georgia Medical Center at roughly 10:45 a.m. on the 31st where the girl was being treated.
HCSO spokesman Derreck Booth provided the following statement on the case:
“According to the initial investigation, the victim met Pedro through interactions on social media. A relative of Pedro drove him to pick the victim up in her neighborhood and dropped the two off at Pedro’s residence on Georgia Avenue where he provided her alcohol and sexually assaulted her during the early morning hours of May 31.”
Apparently, the relative of Pedro that picked the young girl up had later dropped her off back home after the assault allegedly took place. However, according to the HCSO, the relative had alleged that they were oblivious to any indications of furnished alcohol or sexual assault.
As of now, Pedro is being held within the Hall County Jail. There is currently an immigration detainer issued by ICE for Pedro if he’s ever released from custody.
Last month in Shawano County, Wisconsin, there was an update in a case involving an illegal immigrant allegedly sexually assaulting underage girls. However, this individual is alleged to have harmed multiple victims.
A 20-year-old illegal immigrant from Mexico recently pleaded not guilty to charges related to sexually assaulting three underage girls. The ages of the alleged victims at the time of the encounters were said to be 12, 14, and 15-years-old.
— FAIR (@FAIRImmigration) May 30, 2020
A statement provided by ICE on May 12th notes the details of the suspect involved in the current case:
“Hobel Bravo-Perez, 20, is a citizen of Mexico who is illegally in the U.S. On Sept. 16, officers with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) filed a detainer for Bravo-Perez with Shawano County (Wisconsin) after his arrest for sexually assaulting a minor.”
Bravo-Perez is currently charged with six crimes, which include sexual assault of a child, and repeated sexual assault of a child. After a recent plea of not guilty, his next court appearance is slated for July 7th of this year.
When police were first investigating this case, it was uncovered by the suspect’s own brother that he’d been residing in the United States illegally during the period of his alleged crimes.
Authorities later seized two falsified LAPR cards (lawfully admitted for permanent residence) and also a fake social security card during the investigation of the accused.
Police allege that Bravo-Perez had engaged a 15-year-old victim through social media, in which the victim reportedly told authorities that the suspect had forced her into having sex when encountered in person. The suspect allegedly told authorities that he didn’t force himself onto the victim, but instead paid her $50 to engage in sex.
Upon further investigating, police were said to have located another victim of Bravo-Perez. This 14-year-old had allegedly told investigators that she’d engaged in a sexual relationship with the suspect, and had engaged in intercourse numerous times. She further claimed that Bravo-Perez had abused her on several occasions, which the suspect denies.
A third victim came forward and stated that when she was 12-years-old, her and Bravo-Perez had sex seven times between December of 2018 to February of 2019. He’s still in custody reportedly, as his bail was set at $100,000 last year in September when first arrested.