Killer on the run: Gruesome murder captured on video surveillance in Philly, now a huge reward is being offered


PHILADELPHIA, PA – The Philadelphia Police Department is seeking information regarding a murder that was captured on video surveillance.

Police have released the suspect’s photograph in hopes that the public will provide information that will lead to his arrest.

The homicide occurred around 5 pm on November 7th on E Willard Street, according to police.

Surveillance video released from the scene shows a man who is standing on the street corner for several minutes, almost as if he was waiting for his victim to come walking down the sidewalk.

After a few minutes, the suspect is seen pulling a mask up on his face to conceal his identity and conceal himself behind a corner with a gun in his hands.

The suspect is then seen approaching the 28-year-old victim, identified as Shamecca Franklin, from behind a wall and aims the gun at her. The suspect then fires the gun at the woman, striking her multiple times, including several times in her head.

The suspect then flees the scene, but not before he looks up at a camera and gives the world a perfect picture of his face. Thankfully, this action will ensure that his identity will not stay hidden forever.

Franklin’s mother, Fatima Johnson, spoke to FOX 29 about her daughter being murdered on the street. Johnson said:

“You took my daughter away from me. You took my daughter away from her kids.”

Franklin had three children, ranging in ages from 8 years old to 8 months.

Philadelphia Police Department Chief Inspector Frank Vanore spoke about Franklin’s murder, stating that it is apparent that the shooting was premeditated. He said:

“This is obviously a very premeditated act. It’s very important that we get this individual off the street. This is an act that when you watch the video, it’s horrific to see this act.”

Johnson noted that the death of her daughter seemed to have some type of personal connection in stating:

“It’s brutal, it looks like it’s personal.”

She also added:

“She didn’t deserve this, nobody deserved to die like she did, that was brutal what you did turn yourself in because you will be caught, you will be caught and I have no mercy for you.”

Franklin is one of sixty women that have been killed in the Philadelphia area in 2021, and there is only one month left to go, that’s 20 more than were killed in 2020.

While the exact reasoning behind Franklin’s death so far has not been determined, the police report that domestic issues as the cause for homicides have increased by 94 percent.

In addition to turning to the public for help in identifying the man who shot and killed Franklin in cold blood, they are also asking for assistance in two other recent murders. Constance Marshall, 56 years old, and Irene McNair were both shot and killed while in some type of illegal establishment on Ridge Avenue.

They are also seeking any information as to the location of a suspect homicide suspect, James White, 33 years of age. White is being sought for shooting his girlfriend last month.

Police are asking anyone with any information about this homicide or others in the city to please contact them at 215 686-8477. Persons who would rather send a text message can do so by utilizing the same number.

All tips are confidential and information that leads to the arrest and conviction of those responsible may be eligible for a $20,000 reward.

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Suspected serial killer arrested for six homicides in two states – and he was caught with the murder weapon

KANSAS CITY, KS – The FBI announced Tuesday that a “suspected serial killer” has been taken into custody with the semi-automatic pistol he allegedly used in multiple slayings within weeks in St. Louis and in Kansas City.


FBI Special Agent in Charge Richard Quinn announced the arrest Monday of Perez Reed, 25. He is accused of a crime spree across Missouri and Kansas that left six people dead and two others injured between the middle of September and late October.

Reed was arrested on Friday after getting off a train in Independence, Missouri. The FBI said he was carrying a .40 caliber semi-auto pistol linked to the crimes at the time of his arrest.

In a news release, the FBI wrote:

“This caliber matches firearm shell casings found at unsolved shootings in the City and County of St. Louis during September 2021.

“At least six victims were shot, four fatally, with the same .40 caliber firearm.”


On Tuesday, Reed was charged in St. Louis with two counts of first-degree murder, one count of first-degree assault and three counts of armed criminal action.

This follows charges against Reed announced Monday in St. Louis County that include two counts of first-degree murder, one count of first-degree assault and three counts of armed criminal action.

He was federally charged with Interstate Transportation of a Firearm with Intent to Commit a Felony.

Reed has not been charged in relation to crimes detailed in the FBI complaint that occurred in Kansas City, Kansas.

The FBI defines serial killings as a series of three or more killings, having common characteristics to suggest they were committed by the same person or persons.

Investigators say Reed began his shooting spree on September 12, when he shot a man multiple times at a bus stop in St. Louis County. The man survived the shooting but marked the beginning of a violent string of events.

Prosecutors allege Reed was responsible for the shooting death of 16-year-old Marnay Hayes less than 24-hours later. She became his first known murder victim.


Three days later, at 10:23 p.m. on Sept. 16, a woman was shot in the face behind a building in the 4500 block of Adelaide Avenue. Police responded to a nearby gas station where they found the victim, who was conscious and breathing but unable to provide a statement, according to court documents.

Less than two hours later, police discovered the body of 49-year-old Pamela Abercrombie lying in the street less than a mile away. The victim died at a local hospital a short time later.

Three days later, Carey Ross was found dead with a gunshot wound in a vacant lot in the city.

On Sept. 26, the killer struck again, this time in Ferguson. Police found 40-year-old Lester Robinson dead in the 1700 block of Barbados Lane at about 7:15 a.m. after ShotSpotter detected shots had been fired there.

On November 1, Kansas City police discovered the body of Damon Irvin, 35, in an apartment building. The next day, a woman, Rau’Daja Fairrow, 25,  was found shot to death in another apartment in the same building.

Police believe both victims were dead for several days before their bodies were discovered. Surveillance footage captured Reed holding a door open for Irvin on October 28 in the apartment building.


Authorities got a break when shell casings found at the shooting scenes all matched the same 40 caliber handgun. The same gun in Reed’s possession when he was arrested.

Investigators quickly learned that Reed was also allegedly responsible for two more murders at a high-rise apartment complex in Kansas City, Kansas, in late October.

The motive for the murders remains unknown, but authorities said most of the victims were women. Police said some were involved in sex work. Other victims were known to dress as women. Some of the victims were shot in the back of their heads.

Authorities added that the suspect did not have any apparent connection to his victims. The victims also did not have any known connections to each other.

Reed’s criminal history includes a reckless driving charge in Charlack in 2015 and an assault charge in 2019. In that case, he was charged with fourth-degree assault for allegedly head-butting a corrections officer at the St. Louis County Justice Center, according to a report by KSDK news.

He was arrested for riding MetroLink without a ticket, gave false information about his identity and was arrested on outstanding warrants. The case was continued multiple times because all of the notices to appear were returned as undeliverable mail.

Editor note: In 2020, we saw a nationwide push to “defund the police”.  While we all stood here shaking our heads wondering if these people were serious… they cut billions of dollars in funding for police officers.  And as a result, crime has skyrocketed – all while the same politicians who said “you don’t need guns, the government will protect you” continued their attacks on both our police officers and our Second Amendment rights.

And that’s exactly why we’re launching this national crowdfunding campaign as part of our efforts to help “re-fund the police”.

For those looking for a quick link to get in the fight and support the cause, click here.

Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today?  With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.  

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing!  (See image below.)  Thanks for being a part of the LET family!
Facebook Follow First
Related Posts