Grieving father slugs accused killer of his wife and 3-year-old son in Ohio courtroom – gets jail time for it


CINCINNATI, OH – A grieving father attacked the accused killer of his 3-year-old son in an Ohio courtroom on Thursday, June 23, 2022.

In the video embedded below, Antonio Hughes, father of young homicide victim Nylo Lattimore, can be seen coming up behind alleged child murderer Desean Brown and punching him repeatedly in the head, and grabbing him around the neck.

Deputies immediately jump into action, taking Hughes down and restraining him while calling for backup.

After being handcuffed and helped to his feet, Hughes can be seen staring in Brown’s direction, his face expressionless, while officers continue to talk him down.

Even while handcuffed, Hughes is seen to lunge again at Brown, and four officers are needed to take him down again.


According to Fox19, Hughes was found in contempt of court and sentenced to seven days at the Hamilton County Justice Center.

Fox 19 interviewed family friend Faith Burton, who indicated that Hughes’ actions were understandable, saying:

“Everything inside him, just the pain and everything took over.”

She continued:

“He did what I think any of us would do.”

The circumstances of the deaths for which Brown is being held responsible are indeed gruesome and tragic.

According to investigators, Brown had “planned for months” to kill his girlfriend, Nyteisha Lattimore.

Fox 19 reports that prosecutors believe Brown stabbed Lattimore to death at her apartment on December 5, 2020.

Brown reportedly left Lattimore’s body in the apartment for five days before disposing of it.

Meanwhile, on December 6, Brown allegedly threw Hughes’ and Lattimore’s 3-year-old son, Nylo, into the Ohio river, while the little boy was still alive.

Brown purchased a body bag on eBay, and on December 11, he hired an Uber driver to drive himself and Lattimore’s body to the Purple People Bridge.  He told the driver that the bag just contained clothes.

According to Fox 19, on December 12, 2020, Lattimore’s body was discovered by law enforcement.

On December 13, Nylo’s stroller was found in the Ohio River.  In addition, Nylo’s blood was found on a Paw Patrol blanket with his mother’s body.

However, young Nylo’s body has never been found, despite extensive searching.

Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters said after the horrible, “cold-blooded” murders:

“In all my years as a prosecutor, I have never seen such a cold-blooded act committed against an innocent woman and her 3-year-old baby. 

“Throughout the US today, there are prosecutors who have chosen to never seek the death penalty. 

“That’s not going to happen here as long as I am prosecutor for this county.”

Brown was charged with “two counts of aggravated murder with death penalty specifications, one count of gross abuse of a corpse, and one count of tampering with evidence.”

As for a motive, Deters reported that it appeared to be “some boyfriend-girlfriend stuff.”

In addition, some sort of revenge seemed to come into play in the horrific killings.

According to Fox19, a friend of Brown, Jamecia Cobb, reported to law enforcement that Lattimore had been pregnant by Brown and had had a miscarriage.

Cincinnati police specialist Kimberly Kelley told the court on June 17:

“Mr. Brown had told Jameica Cobb that he was very upset and that since she killed their baby, he was going to do something to her baby Nylo.”

Brown was in the courtroom for a hearing in which his attorneys asked for Brown’s confession to be thrown out, on the grounds of police intimidation.

The judge denied the motion.

Brown is being held without bond, and his trial is scheduled for October 17, 2022.

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Ohio nursing assistant arrested on charges of raping at least three elderly dementia patients

Originally published March 11, 2022\

MASSILON, OH – 23-year-old Tiara Lynn Ford was arrested at her home in Canton on March 3. Her alleged offenses stemmed from actions during her time as a nursing assistant at a memory care facility. Police say that at least 3 male residents were sexually assaulted by Ford and they believe that she used her phone to record the assaults.

She is now charged with rape and two counts of gross sexual imposition. Those are felony charges, first degree and fourth degree, respectively.

Ford’s arrest came after a two-week investigation that began after the facility, the Inn at University Village, received emailed videos of the alleged crimes from a source who police are not identifying.

Administrators at the residence immediately notified police and have been cooperating fully with investigators.

Ford had resigned her position at the facility in December 2021. The crimes are believed to have happened over a two-year period between December 2019 and the time of her resignation.

Massillon Police Detective David McConnell spoke with WEWS after Ford was arrested. He said:

“She had access to these folks, and she took full advantage of them. They all have Alzheimer’s, dementia, all in the memory care unit and they are all between 79 and 90. Shock. Shock. That’s about the best way to describe my reaction to this. Some of them couldn’t even speak. You know, they’re elderly, didn’t know what was going on and she did it for her own personal gratification.”

McConnell also told WEWS that after her arrest, Ford came clean. McConnell stated:

“And she admitted to all these, admitted to taking these videos of herself.” 

The Inn at University Village, which provides senior assisted living for individuals with Alzheimer’s and dementia, released a statement after Ford’s apprehension.

“The safety and well-being of our residents is our highest priority. We have recently been notified that a former employee was involved in mistreating residents. We immediately notified the involved families, police department and other appropriate authorities. We are fully cooperating with the authorities in their investigation. Because of the ongoing investigation and HIPAA laws, we are unable to comment further at this time.”

Police are keeping the investigation open as they try to determine if there are other victims. McConnell noted:

“I don’t believe there are, but we are going to make sure there are not.”

As reported by the Canton Repository, Ford remains jailed on no bond as she awaits her initial hearing on March 11. Coverage of the incident by Breitbart indicated that she was being held on a $250,000 bond.

Police are asking anyone with information about Ford, the alleged assaults or any other possible victims, to call their Tip Line at 330-830-1734.

Find him! Miami cops release video of ‘heartless’ man who they say raped 80-year-old woman

March 4, 2022

MIAMI, FL – The hunt is on for a “heartless” man who Miami Police Department detectives say brutally raped an 80-year-old woman in Miami.

The department released surveillance video March 3 and asked the community for assistance in finding the suspect.

The shocking attack occurred before sunrise Feb. 27, when the man approached the elderly victim from behind, grabbing and dragging her behind a building. After the attack, he was seen in the video fidgeting with his pants as he rushed back to a car and drove away, police said.

Miami Police spokeswoman Kenia Fallat described the suspect as being 5′-8″ and “very heavy” set. Officer Fallat noted:

“We are considering him completely heartless, dangerous.” 

Police said the suspect was driving a silver Chevrolet Malibu. He had a full beard in the video and was wearing a sleeveless shirt and dark pants.

An unidentified resident who lives in the area told Six South Florida that she remembered seeing the elderly woman earlier in the evening. She stated:

“I saw her laying there, she had a, I would say a wheelchair with stuff on top of it, she was just laying there sleeping.” 

The surveillance video shows the man before and after the rape, near the intersection of Northwest First Street and Northwest 37th Avenue.

The victim told police she was in the area when the suspect approached her from behind, dragged her behind a building and forcefully sexually assaulted her. Police said after she was assaulted, the woman fled to a nearby business and called 911.

Fallat said the suspect has physical characteristics that could make it easier to identify him. She said:

“He is very distinctive because he has got tattoos on both arms.”

She added:

“We need someone to come forward with information. We need to find him.”

Fallat urged anyone with information about the man’s whereabouts to call Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers at 305-471-8477.


Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today?  With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.  

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing!  (See image below.)  Thanks for being a part of the LET family!
Facebook Follow First
Submit a Correction
Related Posts