Good Samaritan saves woman after stranger tries to stranger her with a shoelace in random attack


MIAMI-DADE, FL – Video shows the moment when an apparent stranger throws a shoelace around an unsuspecting woman’s neck and begins to strangle her.

Thankfully, a good Samaritan happened by and stopped the attack.

The Miami-Dade Police Department responded to a bus stop on NW 25th Street on the 2nd for a reported attempted murder. When they arrived on the scene, they met with an unidentified 26-year-old woman with several visible injuries.

Officers learned that the victim in the case was sitting on the bench while waiting for a bus to arrive while, unknown to her, Aaron Quinones was preparing to take her life.

Video footage obtained from Only in Dade shows the terrifying moments as it happened.

Quinones calmly removes the shoelace out of his shoe and then looks around to make sure that no one else is nearby while the victim is apparently looking at her cell phone.

When Quinones feels comfortable there are no witnesses in the area, he allegedly throws the shoelace around the victim’s neck and begins to strangle her with it.

The victim, who has no intention of dying, viciously fights back, preventing Quinones from allegedly strangling her to death.

When Quinones loses the shoelace, he begins viciously beating the victim who does her best to fight back but is clearly overpowered.

That is when an unknown person comes into view on the security surveillance video who clearly does not know that Quinones allegedly attempted to kill the victim.

The person has their hands up in what seemingly looks like futile attempts to deescalate the situation.

When those attempts failed, the good Samaritan bear hugs Quinones which stops him from allegedly beating the victim. At some point during the attack, Quinones gives up and takes off on foot, fleeing the area.

As Miami-Dade police closed in, they located Quinones walking in the area and detained him.

Police had enough probable cause to place him under arrest for attempted felony murder. Police have not revealed if this was a completely random attack or if Quinones knew the victim at all.

The victim was treated for her injuries at the scene of the incident and there is no indication that she ever sought treatment from a hospital. There is no indication if Quinones was injured at any point during the attack.

Police noted that the good Samaritan left the scene prior to their arrival and they would like to interview the person. Police are asking that person or anyone that knows them to contact the police department so they can speak to them.

Angel Rodriguez, from the Miami-Dade Police Department, noted that the good Samaritan likely saved the victim’s life:

“Had it not been for a good Samaritan that stepped in that basically stopped this individual from attacking this victim, the outcome would have been way worse.”

Miami-Dade Police clearly do not believe that the victim in this case is the only one. They are asking for any additional victims to contact them so that they can conduct an investigation and potentially charge him with additional offenses.

Report: 73% of the Chicago Teachers Union voted against in-person learning, refuse to go in

One year old found dead in retention pond days after the mother was strangled to death


WHEELING, IL – Police who were desperately looking for a missing one-year-old have located her body floating in a retention pond. The body of the small child was found just days after her mother was found strangled to death in her apartment.


Indiana State Police confirmed that they located the small child, Jaclyn “Angel” Dobbs, on November 11th. The body of the child was located in a retention pond near Hammond, Indiana.

Indiana State Police were notified by construction crews that there was a body floating in a retention pond off of an onramp on I-80 and Kennedy Avenue near where they were working.

The construction workers dove into the pond in hopes of rescuing the child, sadly, she was already deceased.

Dobbs’ body was transported to the Medical Examiner’s where she was scheduled to have an autopsy performed on November 12th. Since the autopsy, there has been no release of any information as to the suspected cause of death for the toddler.


The Wheeling Police Department confirmed that they had identified a person, Ahmeel Fowler, whom they refer to as a person of interest in her death as well as her mother’s, 21-year-old Ja’nya Murphy. Fowler had some type of relationship with Murphy.

One year old found dead in retention pond days after the mother was strangled to death

Family members of Murphy became concerned that they had not heard from her or seen Dobbs and contacted police at 10:22 PM on November 9th. When police started investigating, they learned that Murphy was last allegedly last seen at the mall with Fowler on the 8th.

Police were able to review video surveillance of the mall and other locations where Murphy was last known to be alive. This information led to the alleged identification of Fowler.

With this information, police began searching for the van that Murphy was last seen driving in with Fowler. Additionally, they checked Murphy’s apartment at the request of her family and found her deceased inside. An autopsy was completed on Murphy which showed that she died from asphyxiation and strangulation and her manner of death was ruled a homicide.

Police began a frantic search for Dobbs who was not in the apartment with Murphy. While they were conducting that search, police in Missouri located that man as well as the van. Wheeling Deputy Police Chief Al Steffen reported:

“We know for a fact he [person of interest] was in the far Northern suburbs yesterday morning and then by yesterday evening, he was in western Missouri. We are looking to re-create the track from where he was in the Northwest suburbs to Missouri.”

Police worked feverishly in attempts to locate Dobbs alive, including multiple search warrants and twenty-four-hour shifts. Wheeling Police issued this statement:

“From the time of the initial discovery of the crime scene, investigators have executed multiple search warrants and are working around the clock to locate the missing toddler. Evidence has been recovered in several locations to include Missouri and is in the process of evaluation.”


On November 12th, Steffen released the following statement on Twitter, in part, it said:

“Since discovering the murder of Ms. Ja’nya Murhpy, Investigators have been working relentlessly in an attempt to locate her missing one-year-old daughter, Jaclyn “Angel” Dobbs. Unfortunately, Angel was discovered yesterday, deceased, and cast off in a cold pond in Indiana.

“Wheeling Chief of Police Jamie Dunne wishes to extend his deepest condolences to the family…who lost two very special loved ones and in spite of their grief provided much assistance to the investigation, which this afternoon resulted in the Cook County State’s Attorney Office approving a warrant for the arrest of Ahmeel Fowler…in the Homicide of Ms. Ja’yna Murphy.

Mr. Fowler was identified as a person of interest early in the investigation and was taken into custody at the request of the Wheeling Police Department in Springfield, Missouri on Wednesday evening.”


Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today?  With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.  

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing!  (See image below.)  Thanks for being a part of the LET family!
Facebook Follow First
Submit a Correction
Related Posts