CHICAGO – A girl rammed to death with a vehicle was reportedly the daughter of a police officer of Chicago Police Department. The 18-year-old woman was killed in the gruesome attack Friday. Sources close to her family disclosed the relationship.

Tatyanna Lewis lost her life when a woman repeatedly rammed her into a tree with a car on the city’s Far South Side, reported NBC 5 Chicago.

The incident occurred around 11:10 p.m. in the 11400 block of S. May Street in the city’s Morgan Park neighborhood, according to police.

Officials said Lewis and a 24-year-old woman were in a verbal argument when the woman entered an SUV and chased Lewis down the sidewalk.

She then crashed into the teen, repeatedly striking her against a tree before fleeing, authorities said.

Lewis was pronounced dead at the scene, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office. She died from multiple blunt-force injuries, the medical examiner found, and her death was ruled a homicide.

After the fact, tire tracks can be seen hopping the curb and then traveling down the sod before coming to a stop at a damaged tree. There was also part of the SUV left behind following the vehicular assault.

Brittany Patrick lives in the house next to where the violent attack took place and said she heard arguing before witnessing the horrific incident.

“I looked outside and I just saw the accident – you know, the impact,” Patrick said.

Bystanders said the SUV jumped the curb at a high rate of speed, tearing through the front lawn before the crash.

“As soon as I looked out my window I saw a girl being rammed into the tree, and ran over and backed over and over again,” Patrick said. “She hit my car, backing over the body and then backed back over the body and got away.”

“To run somebody over just cold-blooded, it’s unthinkable,” said neighbor Paul Thomas.

Just hours before her death, Lewis had posted on Facebook about a possible impending confrontation, with neighbors saying the argument was over a man.

Andrew Holmes, a community activist, said a child was in the backseat of the car at the time, calling the incident “very disturbing.”

“I mean, an altercation between two females, two women and one was a mother – and it went wrong,” Holmes said.

The suspect, a 24-year-old woman, fled the scene. However, police later apprehended her. Investigators recovered the SUV about a mile and a half away, near W. 115th and S. LaSalle Streets.

She remains in custody and charges are pending, according to police, who continue to investigate.

(Feature image screenshot NBC 5 Chicago news broadcast)