Far-left District Attorney Gascon issues shocking statement to LA after his policies got two cops murdered

Share:

LOS ANGELES, CA – Hard-left Los Angeles District Attorney George Gascon issued a stunning statement in response to the outrage over his policies that just got two police officers murdered.

He told the public to “stop playing politics with trauma.” The statement was issued Friday, three days after two El Monte police officers were gunned down while on a call. He said:

“Our office is committed to providing support for the loved ones of the victims who lost a life.

“We also hope people will stop playing politics with trauma and that we can all get serious about how we prevent serious violence before it begins. We will be working with anyone who is willing to solve these problems.”

Gascon is at the top of the list of George Soros-backed, soft-on-crime district attorneys facing recall, now that San Francisco’s Chesa Boudin has been recalled and Philadelphia’s Larry Krasner faces impeachment.

The LA district attorney was among the most heavily financed by George Soros, and Gascon’s policies have caused a 12% increase in crime since he took office in 2020.

The woke prosecutor is being blamed by many across the nation for Justin Flores, 35, being free when he gunned down El Monte Police Department Cpl. Michael Paredes and Officer Joseph Santana on Tuesday.

The felon, who had his gang allegiance tattooed on his face, was walking the streets even though he was accused of breaking his probation by illegally carrying a gun.

 

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) slammed Gascon after the DA issued a statement offering “heartfelt condolences” to the slain officers’ families.  Cruz tweeted Wednesday:

“Officers Paredes and Santana gave their lives in the service of their fellow citizens.

“It is outrageous the murderer was not in jail due to the reckless actions of George Gascon, a radical, soft-on-crime, Soros-backed DA.”

Officer Santana’s Mother, Olga Garcia, blamed Gascon for creating an environment that encourages criminals to commit violence across the city. Garcia said:

“He has insane ideas about giving criminals a slap on the hand. We need to enforce our laws so more police officers don’t die.”

Gascon gives lawbreakers “more rights than police officers,” Garcia added.

The calls are growing for the city to rid itself of a prosecutor who refuses to prosecute and who is driven by an ideology that is counter to public safety. Ron Danison, president of the El Monte Police Officers’ Association, said:

“George Gascón, you do not get to continue to use our streets and our brothers and our sisters in your experiment. You have failed the public, you have failed these families.”

Kurt Schlichter, an Army veteran and lawyer with more than 450,000 followers on Twitter, was blunt:

“Gascon flat out murdered those guys. Recall this piece of garbage.”

 

Jennifer Van Laar, managing editor of Red State, tweeted:

“George Gascon, you are getting police officers — and lots of other people — murdered. TIME TO GO.”

Kevin Dalton, a candidate for the LA Board of Supervisors, also said the officers would “still be alive today if not for the policies of George Gascon.” He added:

“George Gascon should be charged with accessory to murder x 2.”

Flores had been prohibited from carrying a gun since 2011, but was free despite pleading no contest in February 2021 to possessing a firearm as a felon, the Los Angeles Times reported Wednesday.

That could have sent him to prison for three years. Instead, he was sentenced to two years probation and 20 days in jail, which he had already served.

He was warned that if he was found with any weapons he could still get that three-year prison term, the LA Times reported. His probation officer had filed a request for a revocation hearing for “desertion” on Monday, a day before the murders.

He had been accused of attacking his girlfriend but was not arrested. Officials have said they were “currently investigating” why he hadn’t been arrested.


Flores — who had “Quiet” tattooed on his face, declaring his allegiance to the Quiet Village gang — had stabbed his ex-wife, Diana Flores, days earlier, she told NBC LA.

He was trying to confront her at the Siesta Inn motel where she was hiding from him Tuesday when he opened fire on the two officers, she told the outlet.

 

Flores committed suicide at the scene while the officers died later in a local hospital.

The fresh outrage at Gascon’s policies came on the same day that a group trying to recall him said it had reached the required 567,000 signatures.

https://fundourpolice.com/

Suspect who murdered two El Monte police officers was on probation for gun charge, should have been behind bars

June 16, 2022

LOS ANGELES, CA – According to a report from Fox News, the suspect who murdered two El Monte police officers was on probation for a gun charge.

Justin Flores, who has been accused of killing two police officers during a shootout, was a known gang member and was on probation for a weapons charge after receiving a lenient sentence under a plea deal thanks to District Attorney George Gascon’s progressive policies.

Flores had a previous strike conviction and received two years probation for a charge of being a felon in possession of a firearm. This sentence is in accordance with Gascon’s policies that put convicted felons back on the streets without any remorse for the victims.

Those policies allowed Flores to plead no contest and receive a light sentence despite having a strike on his criminal record.

Sources with the district attorney’s office said that if Flores had been prosecuted under the normal procedure, instead of Gascon’s progressive policies, he would have likely been sentenced for up to three years in prison.

Instead, Flores was released back to the streets and murdered two police officers. This incident is likely to direct more criticism at Gascon, who is facing a second recall of his policies. The recall campaign announced that it has collected the number of signatures required to let the voters decide.

Reportedly, Flores’ first strike stems from a conviction for burglarizing his own grandparent’s home nearly a decade ago. The felony firearm charge comes from a 2020 arrest where he was also charged for possession of drugs for personal use. A statement from Gascon’s office said:

“The sentence he received in the firearm case was consistent with case resolutions for this type of offense given his criminal history and the nature of the offense. At the time the court sentenced him, Mr. Flores did not have a documented history of violence.”

LA Superior Court records show that Flores was sentenced in February 2021 to 20 days in jail and two years probation after he pleaded no contest to a charge of being a felon in possession of a firearm following an arrest in March of 2020.

https://fundourpolice.com/

Prosecutors also dismissed two other counts when Flores entered the plea; one for being a felon in possession of ammunition and another of being in possession of methamphetamine. Records show that Flores was considered a felon because of a 2011 conviction for a burglary that led to a two-year term in state prison.

Court records also showed nearly a dozen other prosecutions, many resolved with no contest pleas and probationary sentences for charges such as driving with a suspended license, being under the influence of a controlled substance, or resisting arrest.

Flores wife, Diana Flores, said that the 911 call was made when she was with her husband at the motel. Diana said:

“I’m so deeply sorry. My condolences for saving me. I’m so sorry. They didn’t deserve that. They were trying to help me.”

According to a report from the New York Post, a day before the deadly shooting, Flores’ probation officer filed for a revocation hearing after the suspect allegedly assaulted his girlfriend, which is a violation of his probation.

Instead of being arrested and put in jail, Flores was allowed to stay on the streets ahead of a June 27th hearing. The two officers came under fire after knocking on the door of a room at the Siesta Inn.

Flores reportedly followed his wife to the hotel, where she booked a room to escape him after he allegedly stabbed her a day earlier. Diana said she warned the officers that her husband was not in the right state of mind and that he had a gun. She said:

“I love my husband to death, but … this wasn’t my husband. This was a monster. I didn’t want anyone to get hurt in this. I am so deeply sorry. They didn’t deserve that or their families. They really didn’t. They were trying to help me.”

Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today?  With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.  

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing!  (See image below.)  Thanks for being a part of the LET family!
Facebook Follow First

 

Share:
Submit a Correction
Related Posts