She claimed her autistic son, 9, was abducted.  An Amber Alert was issued.  Now she’s facing a murder charge.


MIAMI, FL – She told police that her little boy had been kidnapped.  An Amber Alert was issued.  Now that Florida mom is facing a murder charge in connection with his death.

Early Saturday, Patricia Ripley, 47, of West Kendall, was booked into the Miami-Dade County jail.  The arrest came after hours of questioning by police, the Miami Herald reported.

On Friday, her son, Alejandro was found dead Friday in a pond at the Miccosukee Golf & Country Club.

On Thursday night, authorities had issued the Amber Alert after they were told Alejandro was abducted from outside a Home Depot store.

The mother had told police a car had forced her vehicle off the road near the store.  She claimed that two men jumped out of the vehicle and demanded drugs, and that they grabbed the child and took when she couldn’t comply with their request.

She didn’t realize there was security footage from the Home Depot.

The video shows her sitting alone in her car for 20 minutes before calling police at 8:47 p.m. Thursday, a source told the Herald.

Eventually, she reportedly admitted to being linked to the boy’s death, sources told the paper.

Police haven’t released any other details of the case other than to say she’s being held without bond, Miami’s WPLG-TV reported.

On Friday, dozens gathered for a memorial service for the boy outside The Friendship Circle of Miami.  That’s a center for children with special needs, a program the boy attended previously.

In the meantime, police in Georgia are investigating another domestic case that resulted in a man being killed.

Just before 6pm on Tuesday, Bibb County responded to a domestic disturbance between a husband and a wife. The call also involved a possible kidnapping.

Upon arrival, the victim (the wife) told police that her husband, 30-year-old Keith Young, had tied her up and took their three children. She also said that the couple was going through a divorce.

The woman went to her neighbor’s house to call for help after she was able to get herself untied.

Young drove back into the neighborhood while police were talking to the victim. Police said that Young sped his vehicle towards the officers down the road, striking several vehicles- three patrol cars and another parked vehicle.

One officer was sitting inside one of the struck patrol cars.

Deputies fired at the vehicle, striking Young. He was transported to Navicent hospital but later died from his injuries.

The children were not in the vehicle with Young at the time.

The officer in the vehicle suffered non-life-threatening injuries.

The three children were later found to be at Young’s family’s house. They were safely reunited with their mother and were unharmed.

Sheriff David Davis told reporters after the incident:

“The husband came back, saw the sheriff’s cars at the end of the road, suddenly sped up and crashed into the sheriff’s cars. One of the sheriff’s cars had the deputy still in it. She was slightly injured.”

He said that two deputies (not including the one in the vehicle) shot at Young.

Young and his wife had been married for four years.

Later it was reported that Young was a teacher and a coach at The Academy of Classical Education in Macon. He is said to have taught high school classes and also coached football and baseball for “a short time” at the school.

Young’s father, Steve Young, told reporters that Young was getting ready to start a job teaching in Houston County.

Police also reportedly responded to the Young residence in April for a suicide concern, although details on that incident are unclear at this time.

Steve also said:

“I really would like for the world to know that Keith was not a bad guy. He did not kidnap those kids. I had them. I’m your kidnapper.”

Steve said Young had taken the children to a family friend’s house to remove them from the fight with the victim. Young had equal custody of the children. He did not have an excuse for him tying up the victim, however. 

Steve said it was wrong for the officers to use a gun on his son.

Steve said:

“I think anger got the best of him. He made a poor decision.”

Young had been served with the divorce papers the morning of the incident.

Also in Bibb County…

Deputies from the Bibb County Sheriff’s office caught a man in the act of engaging in necrophilia on the footsteps of a local resource center for the homeless. What was believed to solely be a depraved act has now evolved into a homicide investigation.

When deputies arrived at the scene of a call that was described to authorities as two people engaging in intercourse outside, they happened upon an act that could be accurately described as “dead wrong”.

According to the initial media release provided by the Bibb County Sheriff’s Office, 55-year-old Kenny Whitehead was said to be found defiling the corpse of a woman on the footsteps of the Daybreak Resource Center at 4:00 a.m. on May 17th.

When deputies initially told Whitehead to put his clothes on, still thinking they were responding to a call akin to public indecency, that’s when they realized the woman was unresponsive.

EMS hit the scene thereafter and determined that the woman had been deceased for a period of time. At the time, authorities had only charged Whitehead with necrophilia. However, according to a recent update on the case, the BCSO stated the following:

“Bibb County Sheriff’s Office Investigators have determined after further investigation that this incident is now a homicide. Kenny Whitehead now has additional charges of murder and rape added to his current charges of necrophilia. This case is still actively being investigated.”

Considering the nature of the crimes alleged, the BCSO has opted to not release the identity of the female victim. However, the next of kin was notified of the deceased.

As for Whitehead, he’s currently being held without bond.

There seems to be no shortage of bizarre crime ongoing lately. In Milan, Missouri, a recent case was equally as disturbing once you hear about this new mother allegedly did to her newborn son. 

A 28-year-old woman is now facing charges of first-degree murder after police say she gave birth while at work and allowed her newborn baby to drown inside of a toilet.

The child’s death, which is said to have occurred inside of the restroom of a meat packing plant on May 6th, resulted in the mother being formally charged on May 15th.

Court documents state that Makuya Stephanie Kambamba gave birth to her son inside of the restroom of the Smithfield Foods plant in Milan where she’s employed.

The documents that were filed by the Missouri State Highway Patrol allege that Kambamba told responding officers that she saw her infant son inside of the toilet after giving birth, with his face down in the water.

The suspect then reportedly told officers that she remained on the toilet while enduring further contractions related to labor, and did not check on the status of her infant for approximately 30 minutes.

An autopsy conducted on the deceased infant revealed that the cause of death was consistent with that of drowning.

On top of the first-degree murder charges that Kambamba is facing, she’d also facing charges of second-degree murder, first-degree involuntary manslaughter, second-degree involuntary manslaughter and abuse or neglect of a child resulting in death.

After being processed through the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office on the evening of May 15th, the suspect was then taken to the Daviess/DeKalb Regional Jail in Pattonsburg, Missouri where she’s currently being held without bond.

In news related to alleged instances of parents harming their children, Law Enforcement Today has gained new insight into a case that pertains to a father who police say stabbed his 6-year-old daughter. 

LET has a private home for those who support emergency responders and vets called LET Unity.  We reinvest the proceeds into sharing their untold stories. Click to check it out.

Colorado woman uses red flag law against officer who shot and killed her knife-wielding son

A rather bizarre case is under investigation, after police arrested a father that they allege stabbed his 6-year-old daughter. What makes the case unique is that the father alleged his daughter was inadvertently stabbed by two men who were robbing him, but police are now saying he made the story up.

There are currently not many details that have been released related to the motives of the suspect arrested by the NYPD regarding this odd case of an alleged stabbing of a 6-year-old girl by her father, 55-year-old Jia Pan.

Police had initially believed the young girl was stabbed when two men were actively robbing her father on Manhattan’s Lower East Side at roughly 12:30 a.m. on May 14th.

At the time, the events that were alleged to have resulted in the young girl’s hospitalization were relayed by her father – who has now been arrested.

He’d informed police at the time that his daughter and himself were out walking the neighborhood when the knife-point robbery transpired. According to the now-suspect, his daughter had gotten stabbed in the abdomen when inserting herself between the alleged robbers and her father.

Pan had told police at the time that the thieves had managed to make off with his gold chain and a credit card. Yet, there were elements that didn’t quite add up to investigators regarding this alleged robbery articulated by the suspect.

Apparently, police said that when they interviewed Pan about the incident, he was still in possession of not only several credit cards, but a sizable amount of cash. 

source had informed the New York Daily News that Pan’s story was also constantly changing. After further questioning of the suspect, it was said by police that Pan had admitted to being the one responsible for his daughter’s injury:

“When he was taken in for questioning, things didn’t add up. After we questioned him some more, he admitted to stabbing his daughter.”

Police are further alleging that the stabbing didn’t even take place anywhere near Manhattan’s Lower East Side, but rather the stabbing is alleged to have happened somewhere on the Upper West Side.

Thankfully, it has been reported that she’s in stable condition.

While one could reasonably conclude why someone would attempt to cover their proverbial tracks if indeed guilty of a stabbing, questions loom over why a father would stab his 6-year-old daughter. To date, police have still not stated as to what may have compelled the suspect to commit such an act. 

No matter the criminal theory, Pan is facing some serious charges. He’s currently being charged with attempted manslaughter, assault, reckless endangerment and endangering the welfare of a child.

Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today?  With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.  

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing!  (See image below.)  Thanks for being a part of the LET family!

Facebook Follow First

Related Posts