Find him: Police identify suspect wanted after ambushing police officers, shooting cop multiple times


LITTLETON, CO – Police officials have identified both the suspect at-large, and the Littleton Police officer injured in a shooting incident earlier in September while responding to a shots fired call.

The condition of the officer, who remains hospitalized, is improving according to officials.

Authorities identified the suspect accused of shooting Littleton Police Officer David Snook as 33-year-old Rigoberto Valles Dominguez.

Officer Snook, who officials described as being a 13-year veteran of the department, remains in the intensive care unit at Swedish Medical Center, after having suffered multiple gunshot wounds to his arm, leg, and torso.

As we at Law Enforcement Today had previously reported regarding the incident, Officer Snook and Corporal Jeff Farmer responded to the area of Bannock Street and W. Powers Avenue at around midnight on September 21st after a call came in about shots being fired from a vehicle.

Responding officers identified a vehicle that matched witnesses’ descriptions and went to make contact with the occupants. Reportedly two individuals, one of who police say was Dominguez, fled from the vehicle on foot.

Dominguez reportedly started to enter an apartment building located off of 183 West Powers Avenue and turned around and opened fire on the officers.

Both Officer Snook and Corporal Farmer were able to return fire on the suspect, but it is still unclear whether or not Dominguez was struck.

However, during the exchanged fire, Officer Snook was hit multiple times.

While Corporal Farmer was tending to Officer Snook’s injuries, Dominguez was able to escape.

Littleton Police Chief Doug Stephens referred to the officers’ response to the incident as “heroic”:

“I cannot express how proud I am of the heroic actions of these officers as well as all the men and women of our department who did not hesitate to take action to keep our community safe.”

Police officials suspect that Dominguez may have committed an armed carjacking a few blocks away from the incident, approximately 12 hours after the exchanged gunfire with officers.

A local news journalist happened to be in the area at the time of the carjacking and caught footage of the suspect’s vehicle.

Despite intense search efforts, Dominguez is still at large and has been able to remain undetected since the shooting.

Authorities say that the vehicle stolen on September 21st is a sand-grey 2002 Ford Explorer with Colorado license plates: AGM-D94. The vehicle reportedly has a smashed driver’s side window.

Dominguez was described as a Hispanic male, standing 5’5″ and weighing in at approximately 190 pounds. Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Dominguez are urged to call Crime Stoppers at 720-913-7867.

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

As mentioned earlier, we at Law Enforcement Today previously reported on the shooting of this officer as information was still limited on the investigation. 

Here’s our previous report from September 22nd. 


LITTLETON, CO – A Littleton Police officer is currently hospitalized in serious but stable condition after being shot multiple times during the early morning hours of September 21st.

Authorities say that the suspect wanted for the shooting is still at-large.

According to Littleton Police officials, two officers responded to a call shortly after midnight on September 21st in the area of South Bannock Street and West Powers Avenue about shots being fired from a vehicle in the area.

Littleton Police Chief Doug Stephens stated that the two officers made contact with “a possible suspect vehicle” and two suspects immediately fled on foot.

One of the suspects reportedly started to enter an apartment building located off of 183 West Powers Avenue and turned around and opened fire on the officers.

One of the officers, who was not identified by name, was reportedly shot at least three times from the suspect’s gunfire, according to Chief Stephens:

“We believe he received a few shots to his torso, which were absorbed by the body armor, and he received wounds to his extremities, his legs and arm, and possibly one up above his vest, on his chest.”

Both of the officers on scene returned fire, but authorities aren’t sure if the suspect was struck by any of the returned fire.

With one of the officers having been shot during the incident, the second officer on scene began to render aid to the injured officer – which the unidentified suspect was able to flee the scene while that was ongoing.

The injured officer was rushed over to an area hospital where he has already underwent surgery and now resides in the hospital’s intensive care unit. Chief Stephens noted that the officer’s family is beside him and that “they’ve asked for privacy” in the matter.

The car that the two police first stopped has been recovered, however the other occupant who fled the scene remains at large.

Residents in the neighborhood were originally advised to stay in their homes by the Littleton Police Department. However, during the early morning press conference, Chief Stephens said that the area had been deemed safe, and that people were no longer required to stay inside their homes.

Anyone with information regarding the incident or the location of the suspects is urged to call 911 or contact the Littleton Police Department at 303-794-1551.

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Police: Man charged with attempted murder after pretending to offer cop a hand shake then stabbing him in the head

(Originally published September 6th, 2021)

CHESTER COUNTY, PA – A 20-year-old man is facing charges of attempted murder after he reportedly stabbed a Coatsville City Police officer several times earlier in September after officers were responding to a reported theft.

According to the Chester County District Attorney’s office, police on September 3rd responded to a report regarding an alleged employee theft incident at a Turkey Hill minimart store in Coatsville.

When responding, officers encountered 20-year-old Michael White who was accused of the theft, which White allegedly told police that he would return the $200 he had just stolen as well as the $3,000 he had stolen over the last few months that he had at a safe inside of his home.

The officers that responded to the incident told white that he was free to go retrieve the money from his home, and the district attorney’s office noted in their report that the interaction between officers and the suspect was “calm and professional” as stated by witness’ accounts.

Authorities say that an officer, identified as a 35-year veteran Officer William Cahill, went to shake White’s hand after the interaction.  It was at this time that authorities say White suddenly shoved the officer and stabbed him multiple times with what was described as a fixed curved-blade knife.

White was immediately arrested after the incident and the DA’s office says that he is being charged with attempted criminal homicide of a law enforcement officer, attempted first-degree murder, aggravated assault, recklessly endangering another person, possession of an instrument of crime, and other various offenses.

District Attorney Deb Ryan gave the following statement after charges were announced against White:

“Yesterday was a harsh reality check of just how scary and dangerous the job of law enforcement is. Danger lurks everywhere, and police are routinely involved in situations that may turn violent.

It is imperative that we never take for granted the sacrifices law enforcement makes for the safety and protection of others. Every one of them is a true hero, especially today, Officer Cahill.”

“We are all extremely grateful that Officer Cahill is on his way to a speedy recovery and for the quick response of law enforcement. This was another example of outstanding teamwork where Coatesville City Police, East Fallowfield, Sadsbury, West and East Brandywine, Caln and West Caln Police Departments, and the Chester County Detectives moved rapidly to secure everyone’s safety and stop further violence. Chester County is fortunate to have some of the best police anywhere in the world.”

Coatesville Police Chief Jack Laufer extended accolades to first responders who assisted Officer Cahill after the stabbing incident:

“Thank you to Chester County Detectives for assisting us in this tragic incident that hit way too close to home. It’s an indescribable feeling to get a call that one of your officers is down. The entire Coatesville City Police Department is thankful to the first-responders and the staff at Reading Hospital for putting our friend and colleague on the path to recovery.”

White is currently being held without bail, with his preliminary hearing being scheduled for September 15th. As for Officer Cahill, despite being stabbed in head and face, he was reportedly released from the hospital on September 4th.


Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today?  With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.  

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing!  (See image below.)  Thanks for being a part of the LET family!
Facebook Follow First
Related Posts