‘Appalling to us all’: Felon arrested after plowing into children, killing two, fleeing the scene


WILTON MANORS, FL – A felon who confessed to driving into children, killing two, has been arrested by Wilton Manor Police and Broward Sheriff’s Deputies, and is being held without bond.

According to witnesses, Sean Charles Greer, 27, was driving his 2009 Honda Accord sedan on Northwest Ninth Avenue in Wilton Manors, FL, shortly before 2:45 pm on Monday, December 27, 2021.

Greer reportedly pulled up behind a Broward County Transit bus that had stopped to let off a passenger.  The bus then attempted to continue southbound, but Greer did not allow it to merge, and passed it.

According to WFTV, while passing, Greer nearly struck the front driver’s side of the bus.

Next, Greer swerved to the right, drove off the road and onto a sidewalk and a driveway, where children were present.

Greer then drove his Accord into six of the children.

Broward Transit driver Selvin Arjun recalled:

“I don’t know if he couldn’t control the car, but he drove straight into those kids.”

WFTV further reports that two of the children, Andrea Fleming, 6, and Kylie Jones, 5, died at the scene.  Four others, Draya Fleming, Laziyah Stokes, Johnathan Carter and Audre Fleming, were injured and transported to Broward Health Medical Center.  CBS Miami reports that two of these children are listed in critical condition.

After he struck the children, Greer fled the scene, driving southbound.  He left behind the front bumper of his Honda Accord.

Witness Rhome Orismo saw the horrors unfold from the doorstep of the bus.  He told CBS Miami:

“I stood right up as soon as I witnessed the crash, witnessed the impact.”

He continued:

 “It’s still eating away at me now that someone would do something like that and not stop, not try to render aid to those children.”

CNN reports that bystanders responded with first aid at the scene before emergency crews arrived.  First responders came from Broward County Sheriff’s Office deputies, Wilton Manors Police officers and Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue.

Re-fund the police

According to Local10, the Honda’s front bumper and “other information” led investigators to a Wilton Manors location of a vehicle with damage consistent with the crash.

CBS News reports further that this location was Greer’s girlfriend’s home.  Greer’s arrest report notes that Greer told his girlfriend, “If the cops come by, don’t tell them whose car that is.”

Sheriff’s deputies noted that Greer “confessed to his involvement in the crash.”

Greer is also no stranger to arrest, as deputies also reported that he was already on probation for burglary of a home in Broward County.

In addition, Greer had no business being behind a wheel.  CBS Miami notes that his license was suspended in 2016.

According to WFTV, Greer faced: 

“two counts of leaving the scene of an accident involving death, two counts of leaving the scene of an accident involving serious bodily injury, two counts of leaving the scene of an accident involving injuries, tampering with evidence, four counts of driving without a license causing death and/or serious bodily injuries and driving with a suspended license.”

As if his behavior at allegedly killing and injuring children was not already reprehensible enough, Greer again made headlines by causing a scene at his first court appearance on Wednesday, December 29.

Video, which can be seen in the news tweet embedded below, shows Greer struggling with officers at his bond hearing.

Greer exclaims while struggling:

“You can’t make me stay in this -“

The unidentified judge states:

“We seem to have lost him for a moment.”

 A voice identified by CBS News as a bailiff replies:

“Your honor, he stepped away. He didn’t want to come back in front of the judge.”

Greer, who knocked over a podium at the incident, was given a “no bond hold” based on probation violations.

Police Chief Gary Blocker of the Wilton Manors Police Department issued a statement following Greer’s deadly hit-and-run actions.

He said, in part:

“The Wilton Manors Police Department, along with our partners at the Broward Sheriff’s Office, announce the arrest of 27-year-old Sean Charles Greer as the driver involved in Monday’s hit-and-run traffic crash that resulted in two children dying, and four others being injured….

“Greer was behind the wheel of the 2009 Honda Accord that struck these children, and then he heartlessly fled the scene without rendering aid.

“His actions are appalling to us all….

“We remain ready as we continue to support the victims’ families through our Victim Services Unit.

“I ask our community to keep our victims, their families, and their friends in your thoughts and prayers.”

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

California mom who fled from a DUI stop, abandoned 18-month-old in car, captured by police

Originally Published January 2, 2022

SANTA ROSA, CA – Police say a 34-year-old woman fled a DUI stop, driving a short distance before ditching her Dodge and running on foot. They found the vehicle parked several blocks away. 

Police were horrified to discover that she had left her 18-month-old child in the back seat. 

Police were initially called to a residential area when a homeowner called to report what appeared to be a woman sitting in a vehicle listening to loud music. When officers arrived, they discovered Melissa Doyle in the front seat and her infant in a car seat behind her.

They originally thought Doyle might be sleeping.

When they made contact, she refused to comply with officers who asked her to roll down her window. Showing signs of intoxication, she put the car in drive and sped away.

Officer searched the immediate area but were unable to locate Doyle. 

Police eventually found her vehicle several blocks away. Doyle was nowhere to be found. Sadly, her child was still there. 

‘Appalling to us all’: Felon arrested after plowing into children, killing two, fleeing the scene
Courtesy of NBCBayArea.com

“Through the investigation, Doyle was positively identified as the driver of the Minivan and mother of the small child,” the Santa Rosa police department said.  “Evidence of alcohol consumption was also located inside the vehicle.”

She was charged with felony child endangerment and evading arrest. 

According to CBS San Francisco

“Officers quickly gained entry into the vehicle and took custody of the infant, who was very cold, crying and had no warm clothing on.

Medical personnel were summoned to the scene and the infant was transported to an area hospital for evaluation. Upon being medically cleared, the infant was released into the care of an immediate family member.”

Doyle was eventually reunited with her child. It is not clear whether she has been charged for either of the crimes for which she was sought.  

Re-fund the police

Hit and run driver murders Good Samaritan who tried to stop him from escaping in police-defunded Minneapolis

Originally published November 25, 2021

MINNEAPOLIS, MN – A man was attempting to stop a suspect from fleeing who was involved in a vehicle crash in police-defunded Minneapolis. As the victim attempted to stop him, the suspect allegedly shot and killed the man who was just trying to help.

The Minneapolis Police Department reported the incident occurred on November 12th when a vehicle crash occurred in the area of West Broadway and Lyndale Avenues when a sedan struck an SUV.

The driver of the sedan attempted to flee on foot and that is when the good Samaritan jumped into action.

As the victim closed in on the suspect, he allegedly turned and shot with a gun, striking the victim who immediately collapsed on the ground. Minneapolis Police reported that the suspect continued fleeing and ran into a parking lot where he allegedly attempted to carjack someone who was there.

The suspect opened up the driver’s side door in an attempt to remove the driver and gain entry but the woman driver fought back. During the brief struggle, the woman was able to knock the suspect out of the car.

Witnesses from the group, We Push for Peace, were in the area and jumped in to prevent the suspect from fleeing the scene. The witnesses were able to secure the suspect on the ground until police could arrive on the scene. One of the men, identified as Trenton Pollard, said:

“The guy that was shot was trying to stop the guy from running from a hit-and-run, he ran into somebody and tried to escape.”

Another member of the organization, Jerrod Jackson, spoke about stopping the suspect when he was attempting to carjack the female victim. Jackson said:

“You can see what’s going on, she’s in distress and he’s the one that has her in distress.”

The victim was transported to a local hospital for medical treatment where he succumbed to his injuries. This homicide raises the total to 84 for the year in Minneapolis.

Jackson said that he spoke to the female victim who was not identified after the chaotic scene was getting under control. He said:

“She just told me thank you for helping, being there for her. My thing was just to calm her down, make sure she knows she wasn’t out here alone.”

Minneapolis Police Department Officer Garret Parten spoke of the victim who died from the gunshot wound. Parten said:

“Obviously, somebody who was trying to do the right thing, and suffered tremendous consequence.”

Pollard also spoke about the senseless death of the man who stepped up to help someone in need and lost his life over it. He said:

“It’s a sad standard that we have here in North Minneapolis. Senseless killings happen too often.”

Minneapolis Police Department has not identified the victim or the suspect in this case as of yet. However, they have noted they believe that the suspect was a drug dealer, but they have not disclosed if they believe he was selling or buying drugs.

The suspect was taken into custody by the Minneapolis Police Department and then taken to the local hospital for treatment of some type of undisclosed injury. After the suspect was medically cleared, he was transported to the Hennepin County Jail.

Police nationwide warn people about getting involved in any type of situation like this since there is always a threat that the subject committing a crime may be armed. The safest way that anyone can help is to call 911 and start recording the incident, suspect, and the scene as much as possible with their cellular device when able.


Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today?  With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.  

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing!  (See image below.)  Thanks for being a part of the LET family!
Facebook Follow First
Submit a Correction
Related Posts