Father of black ‘autonomous zone’ shooting victim speaks out in powerful interview: ‘All I know is my son is dead’

Share:

Seattle, Washington – Horace Lorenzo Anderson Jr. was murdered last month.  There were no protests.  Horace Lorenzo Anderson Jr. was 19 years old and someone killed him. 

The killer’s name is not in the news.  Horace Lorenzo Anderson Jr. was shot to death last month.  Black Lives Matter hasn’t been outraged over his death even though he was a young black man.  Horace Lorenzo Anderson Jr. is dead.

Mr. Anderson’s father, Horace Lorenzo Anderson Sr. took to the airwaves to decry the murder of his son and namesake.  He went on Sean Hannity’s show, knowing he would not be censored there for not having a murdered son who fit the liberal narrative.

He broke down in tears talking about learning of his son’s death.

“The only way I found out was just two of his friends, just two friends that just happened to be up there and they came and told me,” he said. “They weren’t even from Seattle. Now, mind you, I haven’t heard —  the police department, they never came …

He’s upset that nobody talked to him.

“Someone should’ve came and knocked on my door and … should’ve been, like, coming to talk to me and let me know about my son. To this day, I really don’t know nothing. I’m still here sitting. I don’t know nothing.”

Anderson said he’s “numb”.  He told Hannity he hasn’t been able to sleep as questions about his son’s final moments remain unanswered.

“I still don’t know what’s going on,” he said. “I’m hearing from YouTube. I don’t know nothing. All I know is my son is dead. I’m still trying to figure out answers so I can sleep. I don’t sleep. My kids don’t sleep. I can’t even stay at home. My kids, they feel like they are unsafe at home. I’ve been buying motel rooms and I don’t have that type of money. I wasn’t prepared for this.”

He said this isn’t about a movement… it’s about murder.

“I understand Black Lives Matter and everything that’s going on,” Anderson said at another point in the interview. “But that’s not my movement right now. My movement is [to] let them know that was my son.”

“You’re taking away generations,” he went on. “You’re taking away our youth. You are taking away, my son never had a chance to have another child. My grandbaby would never be … that’s a generation taken from me.”

Young Mr. Anderson was murdered in Seattle’s CHAZ or CHOP zone.  Mayor Jenny Durkan’s promised of a summer of love and block parties turned deadly for this young man.  She has not reached out to Mr. Anderson’s family or even commented on his death.

She did, however, issue an executive order on July 1 to dismantle the zone.  25 people were arrested in the overnight between July 1 and July 2 for failure to disburse.  On Wednesday officers arrested at least 44 more people for several charges including obstruction, resisting arrest and assault.  None have been arrested for the murder of Mr. Anderson yet. 

Who could have predicted that Durkan’s summer of love would turn into a scene straight out of John Carpenter’s, Escape From New York?  Or for those of more recent times, USA Network’s, The Purge. 

The Purge was cancelled on December 17, 2019.  Did the network know that real life would so mimic their production, that the news would make better copy than their scripts? 

Well, maybe not, because coverage of the violence an uncivilized behavior in the CHOP zone have seen very little coverage and people like Horace Lorenzo Anderson Jr, who are young, black and murdered do not seem to matter as much as George Floyd.

Mr. Anderson had a rough start in life.  Yet, his accomplishments were many and he was on his way to fulfilling his dream of a stable homelife, a good job and a family. 

He had just earned his diploma from the Interagency Academy’s Youth Education Program, a small alternative high school in Seattle designed to support students who require educational support different from the main-stream. 

Mr. Anderson had struggled with attendance and had apparently found his place, a place where he was able to study, succeed and graduate, even in these most trying of time.

Even though ambulances were called to the scene where Mr. Anderson and another man, who has not yet been identified who also later died, were shot, they were not able to get through to the stricken men.  The young men were brought out by volunteer medics and were taken to the hospital. 

Anderson seemingly still blames the cops.

“My son needed help, and I don’t feel like they helped my son,” Anderson said of law enforcement. “My son needed help, and I don’t feel like they helped my son … I feel like he doesn’t — without this, he would just be nobody. He’s just — it doesn’t matter, he’s just another guy. Just another child, just swept up under the rug and that’s it and forgotten about.”

“Protesters” in the CHAZ/CHOP zone who have been putting up posters asking for donations of cigarettes and phone cards wouldn’t let an ambulance in to help one of their own, one who seemingly actually believed in the “summer of love” and was now dead because of it.

As a quick aside, there are now at least three fundraisers on the Go Fund Me platform purported to assist with funeral costs for Mr. Anderson.  The links will not be posted here as it is very unlikely that all three of them are real and more likely and in addition to the crime of murder, a crime of fraud is being perpetrated against the grieving Anderson family.

“Two African American men dead at a place where they claim to be working for Black Lives Matter. But they’re gone. They’re dead now. And we’ve had multiple other incidents. Assaults. Rape. Robbery. Shootings. And so, you know this is something that’s going to need to change.”, said Seattle Police Chief Carmen Best during a press conference on June 29. 

Under the guise of trying to end racial injustice the Seattle CHAZ/CHOP participants have committed unspeakable crimes against their own.  They are only reinforcing the need to fully fund police departments, rather than defunding them.

Update: The insanity that was once dubbed as CHAZ and then referred to later as CHOP is has now ended, thanks to police finally clearing the area and making arrests.

It’s official like a referee’s whistle – and the ending of CHOP was hastened after Mayor Jenny Durkan issued an executive order in the early morning hours of July 1st.

According to the executive order issued by the city’s mayor, the following was noted:

“The City’s obligations under the First Amendment do not require the City to provide limitless sanctuary to occupy City property, damage City and private property, obstruct right of way, or foster dangerous conditions.”

Essentially, the mayor finally acknowledged that what was happening in CHOP was neither peaceful nor a lawful protest – it was an occupied area where those who were at odds with the dogma synonymous with CHOP could easily find themselves in harm’s way if present there.   

Much like when we had a literal “walk of shame” being filmed as the CHAZ/CHOP occupiers berated this individual while ousting him from the area earlier in June.

Police were said to have warned those occupying CHOP during the morning of July 1st that they would be allotted 8 minutes to safely exit the area and provided directions on where to exit the area as well.

However, some were said to have defied the directive, and Seattle Police were said to have enacted 13 arrests as a result.

The Seattle Police Department noted on Twitter how there has been several violent crimes that have plagued the CHAZ/CHOP area since its inception – even including murder:

“Since demonstrations at the East Precinct area began on June 8th, two teenagers have been killed and three people have been seriously wounded in late-night shootings. Police have also documented robberies, assaults, and other violent crimes.”

Considering that there are still at-large suspects associated with these crimes that were mentioned by police, the SPD also stated that they were going to be adorned in more protective gear than what they’d normally wear during the clearing that occurred:

“Because suspects in recent shootings may still be in the area, and because numerous people in the area are in possession of firearms, Seattle Police officers involved in this morning’s response will be equipped with additional protective gear.”

SPD Chief Carmen Best issued a statement in relation to the clearing of CHOP as well, stating the following:

“As I have said, and I will say again, I support peaceful demonstrations. Black Lives Matter, and I too want to help propel this movement toward meaningful change in our community.

But enough is enough. The CHOP has become lawless and brutal. Four shootings – two fatal – robberies, assaults, violence and countless property crimes have occurred in this several block area.”

The framing of CHOP as being lawless isn’t a frivolous statement either, as SPD noted that during the occupation of the area between June 8th to the 30th resulted in 65 crimes that were reported. Within that same area, there were a total of 37 crimes reported for the entirety of 2019.

It only took CHOP 22 days to nearly double a crime rate of an entire year in one area.

Although, it is rather curious the timing of the immediate action taken against CHOP by way of Mayor Durkan. One might wonder just what crafted such a quick response.

Well, perhaps it was inspired by CHOP inhabitants deciding to stage themselves right outside of the mayor’s home days earlier.

LET has a private home for those who support emergency responders and veterans called LET Unity.  We reinvest the proceeds into sharing their untold stories. Click to check it out.

Murdered officer's grave desecrated before headstone even placed

Law Enforcement Today reported on when Mayor Durkan found herself the recipient of numerous people outside of her home on June 28th. Here’s that report in case you missed it. 

_

The situation that is CHOP, formally dubbed as CHAZ, is still an issue plaguing the city of Seattle – and that issue recently found itself right on the doorstep of Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan’s home.

What’s worse, is that this group of protesters were led by none other than a Seattle City Councilmember.

Word was that the infamous “autonomous zone” was meant to be dismantled as of June 28th, yet it still stands reportedly.

Instead, city Councilmember Kshama Sawant thought it would be a move in good taste to speak to a group of people occupying the CHOP area on June 28th to discuss the protesters demands.

But it didn’t just end with speaking to the group – Sawant also escorted the protesters to the home of Mayor Durkan. One of the protesters present during the gathering outside of the mayor’s home stated the following about the rationale of bringing the protest to the mayor’s house:

“We came down to Jenny Durkan’s mansion to bring the demands of the movement and of the families who have been impacted by police violence to her doorstep as she seems to not be able to hear our demands any other way.”

Whether one agrees with how the mayor may or may not be addressing matters as of late, there’s something genuinely off-putting about rallying outside of someone’s home where their children sleep. Furthermore, the idea that an elected official would consider it to be in proper form to join in on said form of demonstration is concerning.

And Mayor Durkan was not thrilled about Sawant’s engagement in said act – and the mayor’s office called her out by name in a statement regarding the careless act:

“Mayor Durkan and her family are in the state program to keep their address confidential because of the death threats mostly related to her work as Seattle’s U.S. Attorney under President Obama.  Instead of working to make true change, Councilmember Sawant continues to choose political stunts.”

The statement by the mayor’s office continued, highlighting that while protesting is all good and well – but bringing a demonstration to someone’s home is where the line is drawn:

“Tonight [Councilmember Sawant] did so without regard for the safety of the Mayor and her family. The Mayor was not even home – she was working at City Hall.  Seattle can and should peacefully demonstrate but should not put families and children at risk.”

Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today? With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing! (See image below.) Thanks for being a part of the LET family!

Facebook Follow First

Share:
Related Posts