Grieving family of Marine slain in Kabul walks out on Biden: “You can’t f— up as bad as he did and say you’re sorry” 

Share:

DOVER, DE – The grieving wife of a service member killed in the August 26 suicide bombings in Afghanistan was “disappointed” after meeting with President Joe Biden, while other family members refused to meet with Biden at all.

Jiennah Crayton is the wife of slain Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Rylee McCollum, one of 13 service members who died in the suicide bombings last week at Afghanistan’s Kabul airport.  She is expecting the couple’s first child in September.

Crayton traveled to Dover, DE, for the August 29 transfer ceremony for the remains of the service members killed, accompanied by Rylee McCollum’s sisters, Roice and Cheyenne McCollum, and Rylee McCollum’s father, Jim McCollum.

When it came time to meet with Joe Biden, Roice and Jim McCollum elected to leave the room.

Jim McCollum explained to Fox News:

“I had no desire to meet with the president….

“The way he has handled this, everything he’s done, every step along the way, has been absolutely backwards, and I don’t understand the process of how they came to the decisions that they made.

“A high school kid could make better decisions than they’ve made in this.”

Cheyenne McCollum remained in the room with Biden for a very short time.  She told Fox:

“I chose to stay with my brother’s wife.

“She wanted the chance to look [Biden] in the eye and see if it was going to be a sincere conversation, or apology, and I was able to stand about 15 seconds of his fake, scripted apology, and I had to walk away.”

She continued:

“He would not look us in the eye.

“There was not an ounce of sympathy, looking at his face.”

Jiennah Crayton was able to remain and have a discussion with Biden, but according to the Washington Post, she “left disappointed.”

The family told the Post that Biden held a “scripted and shallow” conversation with Crayton, talking to her about his son Beau’s service and death from cancer.

Cheyenne McCollum told Fox News that Biden tapped Crayton on the knee and said,

“I know what you’re going through.  I lost my son.”

Jim McCollum added:

“It was more about his son.  My son wasn’t mentioned.  

“It was his son and about him, and nothing to do with the 13.”

Roice McCollum also told the Post that the conversation with Jiennah Crayton was one that “lasted only a couple of minutes in ‘total disregard to the loss of our Marine.’”

She added:

“You can’t f— up as bad as he did and say you’re sorry,” 

Roice McCollum continued:

”This did not need to happen, and every life is on his hands.”

The McCollum family’s response to Biden’s approach to Afghanistan and the death of Rylee McCollum comes on the heels of a poignant message Rylee McCollum’s mother, Kathy McCollum, recently shared on talk radio.

On Friday, August 27, the same day she was notified of her son’s death, Kathy McCollum expressed her grief and anger on Andrew Wilkow’s The Wilkow Majority.

Referring to Joe Biden, she told Wilkow:

“That feckless, dementia-ridden piece of crap just sent my son to die.

“I woke up at 4 o’clock this morning to Marines at my door, telling me my son was dead.”

Kathy McCollum continued by sharing her view on the Biden administration’s approach to the pullout from Afghanistan, saying:

“My son did die in vain.  This was an unnecessary debacle that could have been handled properly.

“They had months and months to remove everyone from Afghanistan, and they chose not to.

“And so they sent in… six thousand troops, and my son, through the laws of statistics, my son was one of the ones who just got blown up in a freaking terrorist bomb yesterday.

Leveling criticism at the Biden administration’s response to the deaths of service members, she added:

“It is so disgusting that these people cannot even, even acknowledge the fact that they just killed my son for nothing.  

“For an ill-managed debacle of a freaking withdrawal from a country that we had total control of.”

She concluded:

“For every Democrat who cheated or voted for Biden, that left my son in harm’s way, and allowed this dementia-ridden piece of crap, who is a treasonous man….

“You did this to my son.

“And every Democrat that’s listening, you did this to my son, to prop up a disgusting human being.”

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Report: Biden’s State Department blocking veterans flying “off the grid” operations to save Americans in Afghanistan

Originally published August 29, 2021

WASHINGTON, DC- The administration apparently cannot make up its mind—either they can extract remaining Americans in Afghanistan, or they cannot.

When he spoke Thursday six hours after thirteen brave Americans were killed due to the incompetence of the administration and military leaders, Joe Biden indicated that the US government (the same government that runs AMTRAK and the Post Office) would be able to evacuate any American who wants to leave the third-world hell hole.

On Friday, the White House in the person of press secretary and propaganda minister Jen Psaki walked back Biden’s remarks.

During the daily White House briefing, Psaki addressed whether the U.S. would commit to evacuating Americans and Afghan allies out of the country either before or after the Aug. 31 withdrawal date set by the Taliban, Breitbart reported.  

“I don’t think we can guarantee,” Psaki said.

Members of the White House press corps pushed back on Psaki, who clarified her remarks to say her answer referred to “individuals who are still there because they’re not prepared to leave.”

“Just for clarity,” she continued to reporters, “I know you care about context.”

Aside from contradicting Biden’s comments from only the day before, it also was in contrast to Biden’s comments during a speech to Americans on Aug. 22.

“[L]et me be clear, any American who wants to come home, we will get you home,” he said speaking to evacuations in Kabul, Afghanistan.

On Thursday, Biden sent mixed messages during an exchange (brief as it was) with reporters Thursday where he responded to the attack on the perimeter of the Kabul airport.

“Getting every single person out is—can’t be guaranteed to anybody because there’s a determination, all who wants to get out as well,” Biden said, when asked about any Americans who might get stranded in the country after the U.S. military leaves the country on Tuesday.

Biden also claimed that no country in history had ever made such a promise.

“Look, I know of no conflict—as a student of history—no conflict where, when a war was ending, one side waws able to guarantee that everyone that wanted to be extracted from that country would get out,” Biden said.

He further claimed that the American people would understand if he was unable to get everyone out.

“Think about it folks,” he said. “And I know American people get this in their gut.”

No, the American people DON’T “get this in their gut.”

While the bureaucrats in Washington are more than willing to abandon American citizens and Afghan allies in Afghanistan, a certain group of Americans are not. And unfortunately, the Biden administration is making their mission a lot more difficult.

Law Enforcement Today recently reported on groups of American patriots who were conducting “off the grid” rescue operations in Afghanistan, trying to fill the gaps left by the incompetent military leaders in Washington.

Now we’re finding out that the State Department is putting up roadblocks to make those missions much more difficult.

Becker News reports that in an attempt to block groups such as Task Force Pineapple, Task Force Dunkirk and Team America from conducting rescue operations, the Biden administration has sent an advisory to nations surrounding Afghanistan asking them to deny support to any such aircraft supporting the private rescue efforts.

“Now being told that State Dept. is telling nations surrounding Afghanistan not to allow private jets handling the private extractions to land and/or refuel,” said John Cardillo. “This is inexplicable and evil.”

The “official” story being provided by military-connected sources to Becker News is that the denial of services to private flights is in order to  “clear air space” for further evacuations, however that defies logic, since it has been reported that evacuations have at least temporarily been halted for Americans seeking to leave Kabul.

“1/2 My US citizen grandparents with valid passports turned away at HKIA Abbey gate because they were not on a ‘list?’” Atullah Khan tweeted. “Are we truly evacuating all US citizens?”

“They’re told all flights are cancelled until Monday,” Khan added. “We do not know if they will make it at this point.”

Becker News provided a screenshot of air traffic over Afghanistan ostensibly from FlightRadar24 which showed literally no air traffic over Afghanistan, and relatively light traffic in the surrounding area. They reported that there were eight flights scheduled for Kabul International Airport on Sunday.

The “list” Khan was referring to is the one provided to the Taliban of American citizens and Afghan allies who were ostensibly to be allowed to “pass” through checkpoints to the airport.

The Biden administration was slammed for providing such a lists, which some referred to as a “kill list” of Afghans who aided US forces over the past 20 years.

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

“U.S. officials in Kabul gave the Taliban a list of names of American citizens, green card holders and Afghan allies to grant entry into the militant-controlled outer perimeter of the city’s airport, a choice that’s prompted outrage behind the scenes from lawmakers and military officials,” Politico reported last week.

The pause in evacuation flights came as the State Department issued a warning late last week for Americans to stay away from the Kabul airport due to what they called an “impending” second terror attack.

‘U.S. State Department urges U.S. citizens to leave area of Kabul airport immediately, citing specific, credible threat,” the AP reported Saturday night. The AP reported elsewhere that Taliban forces had “sealed off Kabul’s airport” on Saturday.

U.S. Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-TX), a veteran of the Afghan conflict commented Saturday on the situation in Kabul:

“America, you need to know this: Biden is not letting US citizens through the airport gates. It has been impossible to get anyone through for the past 24 hours. This administration has been lying about their intent to save Americans. Unforgivable.”

The extraction efforts being carried out by the former military members isn’t the only operation being roadblocked by the State Department.

Last week, Law Enforcement Today reported on the efforts of conservative radio host Glenn Beck, whose listeners raised some $28 million to evacuate Christians from Afghanistan.

“Since Monday, thousands of Afghan Christians have left Afghanistan with the help of nongovernmental organizations including the Nazarene Fund, which is led by Operation Underground Railroad’s Tim Ballard and conservative radio personality Glenn Beck, among others,” Deseret reported.

However that evacuation was also halted due to the closing of the Kabul airport, as reported by a New York Times editor:

In a video update last week, Beck estimated that the group had evacuated some 2,100 Christians thus far. He also added that the State Department had been blocking the group throughout their efforts.

 

“Due to the State Department blocking us seemingly every step of the way, I will only tell you where (we’re headed) after the refugees are on the ground,” Beck said Thursday.

On Saturday, Beck confirmed the Kabul airport was indeed in the process of being shut down.

“The Kabul airport is finished. No more humanitarian flights. Turn off your phone and find safe shelter. The Nazarene Fund will not be issuing any more updates as we and others go dark. We will not forget you. Stay alive and trust in God and miracles. You will see them. Until then TNF reminds you ‘look up.’ He sees you and will never leave your side,” he wrote on Instagram.

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
View this post on Instagram
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

A post shared by Glenn Beck (@glennbeck)

As to the “Pineapple Express,” they claim to have evacuated some 630 people as of last Friday.

“With the Taliban growing more violent and adding checkpoints near Kabul’s airport, an all-volunteer group of American veterans of the Afghan war launched a final daring mission on Wednesday night dubbed the ‘Pineapple Express’ to shepherd hundreds of at-risk Afghan elite forces and their families to safety,” group members told ABC News.

“Dozens of high-risk individuals, families with small children, orphans, and pregnant women, were secretly moved through the streets of Kabul throughout the night and up to just seconds before ISIS detonated a bomb into the huddled mass of Afghans seeking safety and freedom,” said Lt. Col. Scott Mann, a retired Green Beret who helped lead the private rescue effort told ABC News.

According to retired U.S. Army Capt. Zac Lois, a former Green Beret working with the operation, he said, “he modeled his slow and steady system of maneuvering the Afghan families in the darkness after Harriet Tubman’s Underground Railroad for American salve escapees,” ABC continued.

“This Herculean effort couldn’t have been done without the unofficial heroes inside the airfield who defied their orders to not help beyond the airport perimeter, by wading into sewage canals and pulling in these targeted people who were flashing pineapples on their phones,” Mann said.

Along with Task Force Pineapple, Task Force Dunkirk, a reference to the evacuation of the British Expeditionary Force from France in World War II, and Team America, an ad hoc group of service members and veterans is also involved in the extraction, the Military Times reported.

Meanwhile, the Pentagon has refused to deploy additional US military resources to the region to assist in extracting American citizens and Afghan allies, many of whom are not in the Kabul area.

Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today?  With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.  

Make sure you click “following”and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing!  (See image below.)  Thanks for being a part of the LET family!
 

Facebook Follow First

 

Share:
Related Posts